26: Red Bandages

I slowly opened my eyes. I was laying on something metal and cold. It was a lab table. I tried to get up, but of course, I was chained to the table. I saw Saylor to my right. She pushed the table so that it was almost vertical. There was a giant window in front of me. Isaac was sitting there, unconscious. An unsettling feeling crept up my spine.

She will hurt me in some way...I don't have enough strength to break these chains. I can barely move...I hope Isaac is ok. Serena is probably worried. This is my fault...I should have been more careful.

I sighed. Saylor looked at me and said, "Hello, it's time for your punishment." She grabbed her scalpel. My body started shaking at the sight of it. Saylor smiled, "Don't worry, it'll only hurt a lot. Oh, and I gave you another dose of the medicine that was in the dart. That's why you feel drowsy and you can't move that much. However, it's not enough to make you sleep. You'll still be able to feel every little incision."

I frowned, "You can do...whatever you want to me. Just let him go...please."

"Why do you want me to let him go so badly?" She asked with an annoyed expression.

I looked at Isaac, then back at Saylor, "He's my friend. I don't want him...to see me get hurt."

She laughed, "Really? I can care less about your friendship!"

Suddenly, we heard a voice yell, "Hey!" We looked at the window and saw Isaac wide awake and angry. He glared at Saylor, "Let her go now or I'll kill you!"

"Well, now that he's awake, let's get started, shall we?" Saylor said with a smile.

I tried to struggle, but my body felt so heavy and weak. She cut into my arm very slowly with the scalpel. She did this over and over again on my arms and legs. I felt sharp pain coursing through my body. Every time Isaac tried to punch through the glass, a group of bodyguards would hold him back. 

After some time passed, Saylor set the scalpel down and bandaged up my wounds. I thought it was over, until she lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach. She had scissors in her hand and slowly cut into my stomach. My body was shaking a lot from the pain. Tears ran down my face. After she was done with the scissors, she wrapped a large bandage around my stomach. My eyes closed for a few moments.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of glass shattering. Then, I heard a scream. The room reeked of blood after that. I tried to move again without knowing the chains were broken and I fell forward. Isaac caught me. I noticed his eyes were glowing purple. He carried me and we escaped. Even though I was in a lot of pain, I was relieved.

Isaac stopped in the forest and gently put me down. He looked at me, "Finley, are you ok? Please tell me you're alive at least..." Isaac had tears in his eyes.

I looked up at him and hugged him. He hugged me back. I cried, "I'm sorry...for worrying you...and bringing you into that. I cause trouble all the time...I'm sorry."

"Stop saying sorry...all that matters to me is that you're ok." That was the first time I saw or heard Isaac cry.

After we stopped crying, we stayed in the forest for awhile so that I could rest. I sighed, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, what is it?" He asked as he looked at the sky.

I hesitated for a moment before I asked, "After you broke the window, I heard a scream. Did you kill Saylor?"

"Absolutely." He growled, "She pissed me off."

My eyes widened, "You didn't even hesitate? I know she hurt me, but-"

"Exactly. She hurt you. That's enough for me to get angry." He replied with a serious expression.

I looked down, "Jewel is still waiting."

Isaac looked at me, "Are you sure you want to go now? You don't look like you're ready to rescue someone."

I nodded, "I'm ready. Let's go, Isaac."

"Alright." He sighed.

We stood up and walked across the bridge to The Other Side.

Time's up, Arthur...