17: Do you want to hear the truth?

I walked back to the door I ran through, expecting to be back on stage. Instead, I was in a workshop full of dust, wood, tools, and old set pieces that had been taken apart.

Did I walk into the wrong door?

Isaac's voice echoed in my head with urgency, "No, she's changing the scenery as she sees fit, making sure you can't leave. You have to find the plot hole in her little show."

A plot hole...let's see...

I looked around, hoping to catch something that didn't look right in the workshop. I searched through every drawer and cabinet I could find. I noticed there were speakers in the workshop as well.

There wasn't anything in the workshop that wasn't supposed to be there. However, I realized that I found the plot hole when I looked at the sawdust everywhere on the ground. There was no saw in sight.

Wood can't be cut without a saw, right?

Isaac laughed, "Of course not! The tools that are here can't cut wood either."

I found a door that wasn't connected to a door frame. I heard it unlock. I took a breath and sighed. I moved forward and opened the door, which oddly opened like a normal door. I walked through it, finding myself back on stage. The candles were out, along with the lights in the audience. I couldn't make out an audience through the darkness. It was dead silent.

Um...wasn't there an audience here? Also, where's Victoria?

A spotlight shined on Victoria as quickly as my thought came and went. She stood where the audience was supposed to be. Her back was towards me.

She sobbed like a little kid, "I didn't leave you behind, but you leave me behind? That's not fair...why does everyone go away when I want to perform?"

I looked down. I actually felt my heart sinking. I felt bad for her, but I still wanted to leave.

"Victoria..." I calmly said, "I'll join one of your shows after I'm done dealing with some problems, ok?"

Victoria immediately turned around and her face lit up with excessive joy.

She teleported to the stage and hugged me tightly, "Thank you thank you thank yooooooou!"

I laughed, "Yeah, you're welcome."

Victoria let go as the exit door opened. I looked at the door, then looked back at Victoria, who was smiling.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...oh yeah!

"Before I go, I wanted to ask you something. What do you think of Arthur? Do you think he's a bad leader too?" I asked with urgency.

Victoria tilted her head and rolled her eyes, "Don't even get me started on him! He's an asshole and he sucks! Really. Really. Badly. I hate him so much that I hate talking about him! I'm sure the readers feel the same way too."

Wow...every single leader? I thought at least one of them wouldn't mind him, but I guess that shows how bad Arthur really is at being a leader.

I smiled, "Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. I'll see you later."

Victoria waved goodbye as I left the auditorium. It felt like I had walked miles before arriving at the Superior Tier.

Seeing him in person...what if I freak out again?

"If you do, I'll be there for you. I won't let my brother lie a hand on you." Isaac said with sincerity in his voice.