10: Called out

I opened my eyes. I was back in the grey room. Isaac sat there in silence.

"Hi..." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." He quietly responded.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He looked at me with a troubled look, "I have...a feeling, I guess. I feel like he knows exactly where you are and what you're doing. He's been scheming something. I just don't know what it is..."

I tilted my head in confusion, "Are you talking about your brother?"

Isaac nodded his head, "Yeah."

"Why do you hate him?" I quietly asked.

"Many reasons, but those reasons don't matter right now. He'll surprise you. I don't know when, but he will." He said as he looked me. I knew he was serious. In fact, this was the most serious he had been since I've met him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Suddenly, I heard a phone ringing. It sounded like my phone. I slowly lost consciousness.

I opened my eyes and found myself in my room. My phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID, which was unknown.

I answered in a drowsy voice, "Hello?"

"Oh, did I wake you? I apologise. Are you Finley?" It was a deep, male voice, deeper than Isaac's voice.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"We'll meet in person someday, so I'll properly introduce myself later. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure it was you. Go back to sleep now." He sounded oddly polite.

He ended the call before I could say anything else. I turned off my phone and got out of bed. It was eight in the morning. I walked out of my bedroom and sat down in the dining room.

Serena walked in and sat down next to me.

"Good morning." She said with a smile.

"Morning..." I said in a drowsy voice.

"Sounds like you didn't sleep well. You were gone for a long time yesterday." She said with a worried expression.

I looked down, "I ran into trouble, but it's alright."

Serena looked more worried, "Did you get hurt?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" She sounded panicked.

"Yes, I'm alright. I didn't get hurt." I said in attempt to reassure her.

Serena sighed in relief, "Ok, good."

We were served breakfast. I ate my food slowly. I felt more tired as time went on. I resisted my drowsiness as I ate my food. Serena finished her food and went to her bedroom to play video games.

I eventually finished my food and went back to my room. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head and the words, "Go back to sleep now" repeated in my head.

I collapsed and lost consciousness. I didn't end up in the grey room with Isaac. Instead, I was in the room where my father was executed. I saw my father's corpse laying on the ground and next to him was the man who killed him. He was wearing a white tuxedo and black dress shoes. His hair was orange and his eyes were pink.

He smiled and waved at me. I was frozen in fear, sadness and shock. I looked at my father's corpse as tears ran down my face. I felt like I couldn't breath.

All of a sudden, I came back to reality and woke up in my room. I was in tears and Serena was in the room with me. I curled up into a ball and sobbed as Serena hugged me to comfort me. These nightmares weren't new, but I would always wake up crying or stressed because of them. These nightmares felt unbelievably real and they terrified me every time.

"It's ok, you're back in a better place now. I'm here for you. Listen to my voice. Everything is alright." Serena spoke in a soft voice to calm me down. I listened to her voice and hugged her back. I was still crying, but I wasn't as stressed. After awhile, I stopped crying and I was calm.

"Are you ok, Finley?" Serena asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorr-" I said in a shameful voice.

She interrupted me, "Remember, we agreed that you'll never say sorry when something like this happens. It's not your fault."

"I know...I can't help it. I feel bad when this happens. You get really worried about me..." I said with a sad expression.

"Of course I get worried! You're my best friend, but I know your intentions aren't to worry me on purpose. But, I can't help but worry about you because you're too precious to me and I want to protect you!" She said with a smile.

I smiled and couldn't help but laugh a little.

Me? Precious?

"Are you sure you're ok?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yes, I am now. Thank you, Serena."

She grinned, "You're welcome! If you insist you're ok, then I'm going back into my room. Let me know if you need anything, ok?"

I smiled, "Alright."

Serena walked away and I stood up.

"Isaac, did you see what I saw?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Yes..." He quietly replied.

I looked down, feeling hurt.

"My father's killer...that's your brother, isn't it?"