25: Scalpel

I looked at the table in front of me. There was my phone. It started ringing as Saylor opened the door and entered the room.

She picked up my phone and looked at the screen. She smirked, "Arthur, huh? Let's put this person on speaker, shall we?"

She answered the phone, "Hello!"

"Hmm...you're not Finley. I assume you caught her then?" Arthur replied.

My eyes widened and I shouted, "What? You planned this? I should've known, you asshole!" I struggled to escape out of anger.

He laughed, "Calling me names won't help you in your current situation. You see, I called these people and told them exactly where you were."

"Out of all the times you could've done this...why now?" I asked, fuming with anger.

"I encountered an...inconvenience in my plan. I needed time to think and I knew you weren't going to wait, so I decided to stop you by getting you captured. Don't worry, they promised they wouldn't kill you. As for harming you, well, no promises were made. Goodbye for now, Finley." Arthur hung up the phone.

Feelings of terror and anger consumed me. My wrists hurt from struggling so much. I knew the idea of escaping would be nearly impossible, but the one thing I could do was struggle and I struggled a lot. Once I stopped, I looked down in silence.

Saylor put my phone back on the table. She sighed then said, "I suppose this is where the interrogation starts."

I looked up at her and asked, "Interrogation? I thought you were going to experiment on me..."

"I am going to experiment on you, but there are some things I want to know first. I like to know my patients before I do anything else. All I know is your name and that you're wanted for existing. It probably sounds cruel when I say it like that...but it's true." She said while smiling.

I glared at her, "It's sounds cruel because it is cruel. My parents were killed and now you guys want me just because I'm still alive? Well, congratulations, you all ruined the normal life I could've had!" Tears formed in my eyes.

I promised myself I would never be captured. I have people who care about me. I have to get out of here! I'm not letting this crazy woman lay a hand on me again!

I felt a surge of anger and determination. I struggled again. This time, the chain of the handcuffs broke and I charged at her, knocking Saylor and her bodyguard down. I opened the door and ran. This victory was short-lived. I was shot with what looked like a dart and it hit my neck. An electric shock went through my entire body and I collapsed on the cold ground. I quickly took the dart out of my neck. I wasn't knocked out completely, but I was slowly losing consciousness. I lay helplessly on the ground as I heard footsteps getting louder and closer. With all the power I had, I tried to get back up only to be grabbed by the back of my neck and forced back down by Saylor.

She was angry, yet she was laughing. I heard her say, "You are quite the challenge, aren't you? Did you honestly think you would be able to go far? Especially since you don't have your friend with you. You wouldn't leave without him, would you? You're not that kind of person, are you? For all he knows, you could be dead right now. He's been wondering where you've been and what's been happening. He's quite worried. I'm going to hurt you, Finley. I'm going to hurt you because you disobeyed me! I'll make him watch too. It'll be a warning for the both of you."

I was barley conscious, but I managed to say a few words. I glared at Saylor, "Let...him go...now."

"Oh Finley, you should know by now that you are in no position to tell me what to do." After she said that, I couldn't stay awake anymore and everything went black.