5: Adventure in the City

I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked. When the door opened, it was none other than Serena.

"I have a plan. Since it's getting really late, we should sleep and then leave in the morning tomorrow." She said, trying to contain her happiness.

"Ok, but..." My voice trailed off. I realized something: I was wanted, and if I were to go with Serena, it would put her in danger. I didn't want that.

"What is it?" She asked with a smile.

"The police are still a problem...I can't put you in danger like that." I said as I looked down. I could tell Serena caught on since her smile faded away. Suddenly, her face lit up again, as if she realized something.

"You crossed the bridge."

"Yeah and?" I was confused as to what she was getting at.

"The police saw you cross the bridge." She sounded like a parent teaching their child how to talk.

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Did they see you come back?" She put a lot of emphasis on that question. I then realized what she was getting at and I looked up at her.

"No, they didn't. And if they didn't see me return, they must think I'm dead, or missing. They don't expect me to return. The bridge is one of the biggest mysteries in the city and they say anyone who goes there doesn't come back." As I talked, Serena nodded her head in agreement.

"Exactly! So that means you can go with me!" She shouted in excitement.

"Yeah, just as long as the cops don't see me walking around. If they do, they'll want to question me, then they'll kill me. Are you sure you want me to go with you?" I felt skeptical even after I knew for sure that the cops thought I was practically dead.

"Finley, you'll be fine. You've evaded the police many times. If they haven't caught you once even after seeing you, then you should be able to sneak by without any of them noticing or feeling suspicious." She said with a determined look.

"I guess so. I think we should get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow." I said, smiling a little.

Serena smiled back and left the room after saying goodnight. I laid down in my bed and drifted off to sleep. My eyes opened, only to see Isaac standing in the grey room once again.

"Hello, again." He sounded a little aggravated.

"Hi." I said as I glared at him.

"You know, usually hosts aren't as difficult as you are. Usually, I can get to their heart very easily, but no, not you. Why do you have your heart closed off? That's not normal..." He said as he walked towards me. His voice was deep and had a low growl. I took a few steps back.

"W-What are you talking about?" I admit, I was a little scared of him at the time. I didn't know what he expected me to say or do, not that I really cared about his expectations. I was caught off guard either way.

"Come on, didn't your father ever teach you about Entities?" He asked as he glared at me. I clenched my fist and walked up to him.

"He couldn't teach me much because you, Entities, took him away and killed him!" I shouted. Isaac looked very angry after I said that. He grabbed and pulled the front of my shirt toward him.

"Yell at me again and I'll make you regret it." His eyes looked straight into mine. His purple eyes made my body feel heavy and weak. I grabbed his wrist and made him let go of my shirt.

"Don't talk about my father again, then we won't have problems." I backed away from Isaac and looked down.

"Hey, I-"