27: The Final Truth

When we entered The Other Side, it was raining instead of snowing. We went straight to where Arthur was without any trouble, luckily. When we saw him, he had his back to us. He turned around and smirked.

"A-Arthur...your face." Isaac was shocked.

The right side of Arthur's face was black and rotten. Black particles fell off his face. Arthur didn't have much time. His face was slowly deteriorating.

He smiled, "I know why you're here. It won't be pretty once you see it. But, I'd rather fight you now, with the time I have left. So, let's get on with it, Finley."

Arthur charged at me and attacked me. I dodged and kept my distance. Isaac kicked behind Arthur's knee, making him lose his balance. Arthur caught himself and elbowed Isaac in the face. Isaac fell and Arthur charged at me once again. I blocked his attacks and I kicked him in the stomach, launching him in the air. He crashed into the wall.

Arthur stood up and smiled, "Well, half-breeds are stronger than I imagined."

"That's why you shouldn't underestimate those who are below you!" Isaac shouted as he grabbed Arthur's head and bashed it on the wall. 

When the dust cleared, Arthur was gone. He appeared behind me and when I turned around, he grabbed my throat and lifted me off the ground. I struggled and scratched Arthur's face in the process. He threw me to the ground and held his face in pain. I had black particles on my hand. I quickly shook them off and they fell to the ground.

I charged at Arthur and tackled him. Isaac ran to my side and helped me. We each grabbed one arm and threw Arthur over our shoulders. He landed on the ground hard on his back.  Black blood came out of his mouth.

Isaac shouted, "Finley, follow me!"

I ran after Isaac and we entered a dimly lit room.

"She should be in here. This is the only place I could think of." He said as he turned on the light.

My eyes widened. My body started shaking and tears formed in my eyes. What I saw was Jewel's dead body on the ground. Her throat was slit open and there was blood everywhere. There was a bloody knife clutched in Jewel's hand.

Isaac pulled me out of the room and we went back to Arthur. Isaac grabbed Arthur by the collar of his shirt, "What the hell happened down there? Tell me now!"

Arthur laughed, "That wasn't me...she did that to herself. She broke down after I told her that her human friend was dead. I guess, she couldn't take it. You were too late..."

Isaac punched Arthur over and over again. I pulled Isaac away, "Stop it! This isn't helping!"

The deterioration began to spread and more black particles fell off his body. Arthur coughed up blood, but he still managed to smile, "It seems that...I'm running out of time. Whoever takes my place, you better do a good job."

Suddenly, a portal appeared. Arthur slowly stood up.

Isaac said, "Wait, brother. Oddly enough, I think...I'm going to miss you."

Arthur laughed, "Oddly enough, I'll miss you too, brother. Finley, Isaac...farewell."

Arthur walked into the portal and it closed. That was the last time I saw Arthur.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"Back to our old planet, I assume." He replied with a tired expression.

I felt a heavy weight being lifted. I was overwhelmed by that feeling because I hadn't felt like that in a very long time. I fell to my knees and broke down in tears. All of my emotions mixed together. I let out every emotion that I held back through tears. Isaac smiled and hugged me tightly. 

I felt better after crying and we headed back home. We were stopped by the other Entities. Victoria grinned, "Hello! I heard you defeated Arthur. Congrats! Now we need a new leader. Isaac! I vote you to be our new leader! Oh, so does Edward and Parker."

Isaac smiled and laughed, "Oh, thank you! Ok, as of now, I'm your leader. But, I won't be here all the time and you don't have to be either. You're free to explore, but make sure you behave. Got it?"

They all said, "Of course!" They went to the city, while Isaac and I walked back home.

When we entered the house, Serena hugged us and said, "I was worried about both of you. I'm glad you're both back in one piece. Although..." Serena looked at the bandages on my arms, "I don't remember these being here."

I laughed nervously, "I may or may not have gotten captured by a crazy scientist on my adventure..."

"WHAT? Finley! You need to be careful!" She yelled with a worried expression.

I sighed, "I know, I know. But what matters is that it's all over now. I don't have any more battles to fight."

Serena sighed then smiled, "Thank goodness. Now, let's eat something to celebrate the end of your journey! How does that sound?"

I smiled, "That sounds great."

We all sat down at the dining table and ate our food. It tasted delicious, but it tasted much better than the other meals I had because I was happier and I was with the people I cared about the most. We talked and laughed for hours over random things. I knew how lucky I was to have Serena and Isaac in my life. I finally moved on from the past and didn't have to hide anything anymore.