9: EGO

Isaac lead me to a long tunnel. At first, I wondered if I made a wrong turn somewhere, but I reminded myself that Isaac was confident in his sense of direction. I made my way through the tunnel, which felt like forever. I eventually reached the end of the tunnel. 

It was like I entered a new city. Each building was a skyscraper and it was busy and full of Entities walking around. It was strange to see this, considering most of The Other Side was empty. I walked into the crowd. Everyone looked sophisticated. Their manners and looks screamed, "Look at me! I'm first class!"

Why is everyone dressed so fancy?

"Remember, the Middle Tier contains a bunch of douchebags who think they're all mighty and powerful. It's only natural for them to look that way too." Isaac growled. He seemed to be disgusted by the Entities in the Middle Tier.

As I navigated my way through the crowd, some who noticed me glared at me as if they were going to kill me if I dared to lay a finger on them. I did my best to ignore them and eventually found my way out of the crowd.

"You see that tall mansion in front of you? That's where Mr. King of Douchebags lives." Isaac laughed.

That's not his actual title, is it?

He replied, "Of course not. His title is the Entity of Egotism. I think the name I thought of is better though."

Ok, I think I'll call him....Edward. Oh, I have a question.

"What is it?" Isaac asked.

If we already know where Jewel is then why do we have to go through each branch?

He sighed, "We can't go straight to the Superior Tier. Each branch serves as the security system to protect the Superior Tier."

Oh...this is going to be fun.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and walked towards the mansion. Once I reached the entrance, I was met with a few Entities guarding the place. Of course, they stopped me from entering. I wasn't in the mood to fight with the guards, but I had to enter somehow. Luckily, I didn't have to do any fighting because the person living in the mansion shouted at the guards from the balcony, "She is granted permission to enter!"

His voice was loud and very clear. The guards let me pass and the entrance doors opened like a drawbridge.

Seriously? I thought this was a mansion, not a castle!

"How are you even surprised? You should figure out what you're getting into before you actually get into it." Isaac said in an annoyed tone.

I sighed and walked into the mansion. The inside of the mansion looked like a palace. Even though I was welcome to enter the mansion, I felt intimidated more than anything. As I looked around, I found myself feeling tiny and inferior. Everything was decorated with gems and a chandelier was hung in every room. I went back to the room where the entrance was and waited for Edward to show up.

After a lot of time passed, I came to a realization the Edward may have been the one who was waiting for me and not the other way around. I kept my anger at bay as I walked up the stairs and found the balcony. Edward looked at the view, then he realized my presence.

He turned around to face me, "What's your business here, half-scum?"

Edward wore a navy blue tuxedo, black gloves and black dress shoes. His eyes were silver and his hair was black with a dark blue tint.

I glared at him for his remark, but tried to be polite, "I'm looking for a girl named Jewel. Apparently, I have to get through you and another leader to find her."