Rope On A Tree

"Emerson Jade!" Marcus called out to his daughter, as Lenny came carrying Greg and Keithie outside over his shoulder, "We're going on a walk. You have no choice."

The blonde rolled her eyes and stood up off the grass, leaving the book she was reading sitting there. The others were ahead of her and an idea suddenly popped into her head. With a smirk on her face, she took off in a run and jumped, wrapping her limps around Nate's shoulders and waist.

"Hi." She grinned, putting her chin on his shoulder.

"Hey, gorgeous." He grinned back, tightening his grip on her thighs to keep her up.

"You know Greg, when we were kids your dad used to talk us into doing the craziest stuff." Kurt said, "I remember one time we got a shower curtain, put 'em in shopping carts and we went shopping cart sailing."

"Wait, how did you steer?" Andre asked.

"We didn't." Eric smiled.

"How'd you stop?" Keithie asked.

"You just smashed into stuff, that was the fun part." Lenny told them.

"I remember we used to shoot bottle rockets at each other." Marcus started to say, "You always go for their face cause you wanna blind them."

"Can we do that?" Emerson asked her dad, without even looking at him. Her and Nate were having their own conversation.

"At home."

"Okay, that's a little much pal." Lenny told him.

"No, I know, kids you don't wanna do that. Erase reboot." Marcus said, making a rewind sound.

"Make a tree fort." Lenny picked up a few sticks, "Look, I'll get you started."

"I remember Rob lived in one of those for a year." Eric said.

"Why?" Greg asked.

"My dad took away my roller skates." Rob sounded like a sad little kid.

"Uh, oh, Vietman flashback." Marcus teased.

Lenny started to freak out, making all the kids ask what it was.

"Rope on a tree baby! You know what that means?" Eric asked.

"We get to hang ourselves?" Charlotte asked and Emerson giggled in Nate's ear.

"You have a cute giggle."

"Are you flirting with me?" Emerson grinned.

"Maybe I am."

"Are you kidding me? You see a rope and a lake and it doesn't make you wanna go nuts?" Lenny asked.

Eric decided that he was gonna show them. He swung over the lake a time or two as they yelled for him to let go. And when he did, it wasn't pretty.

"Oh!" Everyone cringed.

"That was awesome!" Keithie exclaimed.

"Oh god, oh god, my leg snapped. The bones sticking out. Oh, god, I need help!" Eric yelled, and the younger kids freaked out again, "It's a stick. It's a stick. I got ya!" He did a dance and the others laughed at him.

"Daddy, that bird is hurt." Becky pointed to a bird on the ground that was trying to fly away.

"Oh my god, I'll get a shoe box!" Lenny said, running off.

Marcus went to help Eric off the ground, "Hey, did you really land on that bird man?"

"I'm not really sure. I did hear a chirp and a crunch like noise, but that could've been anything."