Rob's Toupee

Emerson sat in the passenger seat of her boyfriends car as they followed behind the other cars to the lake house

Emerson sat in the passenger seat of her boyfriends car as they followed behind the other cars to the lake house. Her legs were crossed in the seat with Nate's hand resting on her thigh and a book on pregnancy in her hands.

"Should you really be reading that?" Nate asked, glancing at his girlfriend before looking back at the road.

"What? Nate, we're new parents that have no idea on how to take care of a baby." She said, marking her page and closing the book. "Of course I'm gonna be reading it. And you should too."

"And what if one of the parents or Becky and Bean find it?"

"I'm not gotta get it out while they're around. I'm not that stupid." She said, putting it into her bag as they pulled up to the lake house.

"Is that Rob and Gloria?" Nate asked, seeing to figures sitting on the porch.

"Yep."

The two of them got out and grabbed their stuff, well Nate grabbed their stuff.

"Ha! Rob's still got is toupee!" Marcus exclaimed, causing everyone to crack up apart from Braden.

"Who is this?" Rob asked, pointing towards Braden.

"My son." Marcus said, as the all went inside. "Braden, this is Rob. Rob, Braden."

"So, Rob What's the rooms looking like?" Lenny asked as they all walked in.

"Well, it had some renovations done to it and now its had two other rooms added on." Rob said.

"So we were thinking Emery and Nate get one of the extra bedrooms and then the kids spilt the mater bedroom and the last one between them." Gloria finished.

"Sounds great. Lead the way." Eric spoke.

✖️✖️✖️

"You gonna come swim in the lake?" Nate leaned against the doorway of his and Emerson's shared bedroom, "Or is that unsafe? I don't want to hurt the baby."

Everyone was outside so it was safe for him to not whisper.

"I looked it up before we got here. It's not." Emerson said, pulling her shorts onto her body. "I don't really wanna swim though. I'm kinda hungry."

"We can go get food instead, babe." Nate wrapped his arms around her, palms on her flat stomach.

"Don't do that." She mumbled, slapping his hands away.

"What? Why?"

"Because people like to bardge in and I don't want anyone to catch it before we tell the parents."

"We should tell them soon." Nate told her. "Because I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stop resting my hands on your belly."

"Try to. At least for a couple more days." Emerson told him, "I'd like to enjoy the first day or two without a yelling parent in my ear on how much of a mistakes we made by not wearing protection and getting pregnant when we're not engaged, married, or living in a house together with no job or any source of income." 

"Baby. I have a fucking trust fund with more money than I know what to do with." Nate said, sitting on the foot of the bed and pulling her to stand between his legs. "We're gonna be okay and we have family that will support us." 

"Your parents ain't gonna love us with two babies in the house." She told him. 

✖✖✖

Emerson sat on the edge of the dock, feet dipped in the lake. Nate was swimming around in the water with the other kids and the adults were god knows where. 

"So are you excited?" Charlotte asked as her and Donna sat on either side of the older girl. 

"Yeah, but also nervous. I mean I've never taken care of a baby before and I haven't had any younger siblings. I have Braden, but I didn't even know he existed until a few days ago." Emerson sighed, "I'm ready for it, I just don't think I'm gonna be any good at it." 

"You've always been good to us and to Bean and Becky." Donna smiled at her, "I don't doubt that you'll do amazing raising this baby." 

"Yeah, you'll be an amazing Mom." Charlotte agreed with Donna. 

Emerson smiled, wrapping her arms around the girls and pulling them into her for a hug, "I love you, guys." 

"We love you, too." 

"Hey, ya'll get ready!" Lenny called, appearing out of nowhere, "We're going to the diner to eat!" 

"Well, let's go get dressed girls."