Apologies, kisses & Indians

Nate walked down the stairs, finding all the adults inside minus his Dad and Kurt

Nate walked down the stairs, finding all the adults inside minus his Dad and Kurt.  After seeing the food that Rob and Gloria were cooking, he decided to skip breakfast and turned to the women.

"Have any of you seen Emery?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck as they all gave him smirks.

"She's outside, watching the younger kids." Deanne answered.

"Thanks." He turned on his heel and walked out.

"Your son is totally in love with her." Sally laughed.

"Yeah." Roxanne smiled, "He's never really had a girlfriend before because he looks for certain traits in them."

"Looks like he found it in Emerson." Deanne grinned.

✖️✖️✖️

"Hey."

Emerson turned her head too look and found Nate standing behind her. With a roll of her eyes, she turned back, watching Keithie.

"Can we take a walk?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." She stood up from the plastic chair and followed after him.

"Look at that." Eric nudged Lenny. "Your son and a Higgins."

"That's my boy." Lenny grinned.

✖️✖️✖️

The two walked down the path to the lake house in silence, both of them taking in the beauty of the place.

"I'm sorry." Nate finally spoke up.

"Why are you apologizing?" She asked as they came to a stop.

"Because I didn't tell you about us leaving to go to Milan later." He put his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"You don't have to tell me that." Emerson shook her head, "You're gonna leave and we aren't gonna see each other again. So, I don't know why I even got my hopes up, because you and me, that's not gonna wo-,"

She was cut off by Nate grabbing the sides of her face and bringing her lips to his. For a moment, she stood frozen in her place before kissing him back. Her arms went around his neck and his went around her waist, pulling her body into his.

"You didn't get your hopes up." He mumbled, pulling away a little bit.

"This doesn't mean we're together. I want you to work for it." She whispered, her eyes searching his.

"Trust me, I will." He said before kissing her once more

✖️✖️✖️

As the two teen held hands and walked back up the lake house with smiles on their faces, they noticed a girl checking on her car. But that's not what brought amusement to the two sixteen year old's.

Inside Rob's car, Greg and Andre were watching her.

"Wanna scare 'em?" Nate grinned down at them.

The teens quickly snuck up to the car and screamed, making the two younger teens scream also.

"We were just checking out the car!" Greg exclaimed.

"Were you really?" Nate raised an eyebrow.

"Yes!" Andre shouted.

"Then you guys might want to wipe the drool from your chins." Emerson grinned, pulling Nate away from the car.

✖️✖️✖️

Nate and Emerson sat on the porch, just talking and sharing a few kiss here and there.

Once they first sat down and he pecked her on the lips just for the fun of it, they could hear the women inside squeal and knew they were watching from the inside, including Gloria.

Then suddenly they heard screaming. Looking up, they found the dad's carrying Rob.

"What's going on?"

"Rob got attacked by an Indian." Lenny lied and Nate and Emerson shared amused smiles.

"Yeah, but he got away." Eric pointed.

"What? He was attacked by an Indian?"

"Daddy, what happened?" Another girl came out from nowhere.

"This is my daughter Amber, everyone." Rob introduced.

"High five me." Marcus said.

"Dude, my wife is here." Eric shoved his hand away.

The wives started screaming once they saw the arrow sticking out of Robs foot.

"Bridget come down here, Daddy's hurt." She called.

Emerson bursted out laughing at the other girl that came running towards them. Amber and Jasmine, you wouldn't believe they were Rob's kids, but her? Yeah, you knew.

Nate quickly wrapping his arms around her head, to cover her mouth and gave them a wide smile.

"I think we're gonna have to pull it all the way through." Emerson said when Nate moved his arms once she wasn't laughing anymore.

And que the fighting.

"It was my idea, I get to do it!"

"You're to young! I'm doing it!"

"Shh! Shh! Shh!" Gloria tried to get them to be quiet. "We're gonna be alright here. All we need is poultice with some maize that will draw out-,"

"Oh shut up!" Rob snapped and it was Nate's turn to laugh, "That poultice shit doesn't work. It never worked. Are you insane? Get some alcohol on this bitch. You should know plenty about that. You were born during the Prohibition!"

"And there's the snap." Marcus mumbled.