Moving Day

After weeks of being at the lake house, everyone was finally back to their rightful houses

After weeks of being at the lake house, everyone was finally back to their rightful houses. Well, almost everybody was. Thanks to Lenny and Roxanne, along with the money that Emerson and Nate had saved up over the years, the two were able to buy a beautiful home a few houses down from the large Feder home.

So that mean everyone was helping the two pack up their belongings to move the stuff into their new house. Except they wouldn't let Roxanne or Emerson actually help with the moving or packing since the two of them were now five months pregnant.

"Why do I have to just sit here?" Emerson whined, kicking her legs back and forth from her spot on the kitchen counter.

"Because you're pregnant and nothing is happening to our daughter." Nate told her, bringing in another box.

"I don't want to lift anything up!" She exclaimed, "I just want to unpack because if you think you're about to rearrange things around in this house, you're mistaken buddy."

"It's my house too!"

"Get used to it." Lenny told his son, "Once you say 'I do' she's in control. Trust me, I've learned over the years."

"Yeah, but that's you. You're scared of Mom, I'm not scared of Emmy."

"You sure about that?" Keithie asked, sitting next to Emerson. 

Nate turned to look at his little brother and fiancé, seeing her look at him with an eyebrow raised and her arms crossed over her chest, "Okay, maybe I am scared of Emmy. But that doesn't prove anything!"

"Oh, that proves everything." Eric laughed. "Like your old man said, she's in control now."

Nate let out a sigh, "She's been in control since we were sixteen. Four years later, an engagement, and five months being pregnant, she's still in control."

"And don't you forget it, baby." Emerson smirked.

✖️✖️✖️

"Ah, my baby!" Roxanne cried as she hugged Nate as they stood outside the house.

"Mom, you're only a few houses down from us." Nate told his mother, patting her back in an awkward way.

"I don't care! You haven't been out of my house since you were born! My house is gonna be so empty!" Roxanne cried.

"Mom! You have us!" Greg exclaimed in disbelief. "You know, your other three?"

"Are you sure you wanna stay here alone?" Marcus asked his daughter, hands on his hips as Braden rolled his eyes with his arms crossed over his chest.

Emery laughed, "Dad, I'm not alone. I think I'm gonna be okay."

Marcus let out a sigh, "Alright, fine. Call me if you need anything, anything at all."

"Same goes for you, Dad." Emerson then looked at her younger half-brother. "And you know if you get tired of Dad, you know you can come over and stay."

Braden smiled at his sister, "Thanks, Emmy."

"Bye, my baby!" Roxanne cried as Lenny pulled her towards the end of the driveway behind the others.

"I'm so happy they are gone." Nate breathed out as the two went inside their house.

"Yeah, me too." Emerson frowned, looking up at her fiancé. "Can we go get something to each? Me and Rose are hungry."

"Okay. What do my girls want?" Nate wrapped his arms around her waist, softly rubbing her baby bump.

"Hmm. Pizza."

"I'll get my keys." Nate went to pull away but Emerson grabbed his arm. "Baby, I gotta get my keys."

"I love you."

Nate smiled, grabbing the sides of her face gently and kissing her. "I love you too, baby. Forever and always."

"Ow." She bent over a little.

"Baby? Emmy, what?" Nate grabbed onto her arms. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing bad." She rubbed her belly, "Rose just kicked me a little to hard."

Nate smiled, getting on his knees and pressing his lips to her stomach, "Hey, Rosie. I'm gonna need you to stop kicking mommy. Can you do that for me, Little one?"

Emerson smiled softly at the man she loved, running her fingers through his hair as thoughts of Nate taking care of their daughter went through her mind.