Time to tell them

It had been a week since the doctor's appointment and a week since they had told their friends and siblings that Emerson was pregnant

It had been a week since the doctor's appointment and a week since they had told their friends and siblings that Emerson was pregnant. And the doctor was right, because Emerson had taken a shower and just so happened to glance in the mirror to see a small bump forming.

"Nate!" She called out to her boyfriend that was laid in the bed still, waiting for her to finish getting ready before they went to find out what they were doing for the day.

"What is it, baby?" He asked, walking into the bathroom that connected to their room in the lake house.

"Look close at my belly when I turn to the side." She told him, pulling her shirt up and turning to the side.

Nate looked down at his girlfriend before his mouth dropped at the sight of the slight baby bump that she was sporting.

The oldest Feder boy smiled, letting out a breathy laugh before he grabbed the sides of her face and brought her into a kiss. They broke apart and Nate laid his forehead on hers, both of them having wide smiles on their faces.

"I love you." He told her.

"I love you, too." She pecked his lips, "But because I'm showing, I think it's time that we told everyone about the baby."

"If that's what you want to do." He told her, "Then let's go tell them about Feder/Higgins baby number one."

The two walked down the stairs of the lake house to find the adults and the kids scattered around.

"Hey, uh, Emery and I need to talk to you guys." Nate said, "Alone."

"Alright, kids." Lenny said, noticing the serious look on his eldest son's face. "Braden, will you take them outside?"

"Sure." Braden shrugged, following after the two younger kids and teens.

"So, what's up kid?" Marcus asked.

"There's something that we need to talk to you about." Nate said as they sat down at the table.

"And what's that?" Roxanne asked.

"Well," Emerson looked over at her boyfriend, a nervous look on her face.

"Emmy's pregnant." Nate quickly said, causing everyone to freeze.

"Pregnant?" Sally asked, a shocked expression on her face.

"Yeah. Two weeks and two months." She answered, focus on nothing but Nate's fingers that she had began to play with.

"You've been pregnant longer than I have?" Roxanne asked.

"Yeah, but we didn't find out until the night of the party at our house." Nate was quick to jump in for his girlfriend.

"And who have you told?" Marcus asked. He wasn't upset that his daughter was pregnant, but he was sad that he was seeing her grow up before his eyes.

No father wanted to see their daughter grown up.

"Braden, Greg, Andre, Charlotte, Keithie, and Donna." Emerson said.

"Congratulations, guys." Marcus said, standing up and going to hug his daughter, who was also slight taller than he was. "I love you, Emerson Jade."

"I love you too, daddy." She sniffled, a tear dripping down her check.

"Hey, baby, can I talk to them alone?" Nate asked, turning to his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go tell Becky and Bean the news." Emerson told him, pecking his lips and going out the front door of the Lake house.

"I'm just gonna cut to the chase." Nate said before turning to Marcus. "I wanna ask Emerson to marry me."