Positive Parties

"Damn!" Nate exclaimed, looking at himself in his mirror, "I look good! Babe, are you done in there?"

"Nate." Emerson spoke, coming out the bathroom, dressed in her costume with her hair and make up done.

"What is it?" He asked.

Emerson held up the pregnancy test, tears in her eyes, "It's positive."

"Are you sure?" He walked towards her just as a tear rolled down her cheek. "Baby."

"Every single one says the same thing." She wiped the tear away. "I'm pregnant."

"Hey, don't cry." Nate wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into him. "We're gonna be okay, baby."

"What the hell am I gonna tell my dad?" She cried.

"You are not alone in this, at all." Nate told her, "I'm not going anywhere. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week."

"I love you." She sniffled.

Nate smiled, wiping more of her tears away. "I love you, too. Now, come on. We got a party to get to."

XXX

The couple held hands as the walked down the stairs just as Lenny came inside.

"Ho we doin'?" Lenny asked.

"Hey, dad, why do we get to wear costumes and you don't?"

"Dad is in a costume." Nate told his younger brother and sister, wrapping an arm around Emerson's waist.

"Bruce Springsteen, born in the USA." Lenny said, turning to pose.

"Who's Bruce Springsteen?" Keithie asked.

"I guess some guy with a giant butt?" Becky answered.

"You don't know who the boss is? I stink as a father!"

"Yo do not stink as a father. You're the best father I know." Roxanne said, "That's why I don't understand why-,"

"Why I don't want a baby, because I don't want one! Let's move on from this." Lenny yelled, teeth clenched and Emerson tensed up at the word baby.

Roxanne started to cry and ran past the two teens on the stairs.

"Tell her it wans't you talking, Dad. It was your flabby ass." Keithie butted in.

"You want me to 'accidentally' break the other leg?" Lenny asked.

✖✖✖

The eldest teens, Emerson and Nate, stayed as far away as possible from the party while still attending. Once Roxanne told Lenny she was pregnant, he came straight for the two asking if they had known about it.

"We can wait a few months to tell em." Nate mumbled, arms wrapped around her waist as her head laid on his chest, "Keep it to ourselves. Or we can do o-,"

"We aren't aborting a baby or giving it up for adoption, Nate." Emerson looked up at him. "We did this and now we gotta deal with it. I don't think I'd be able to carry a baby for nine months and then just give it away."

Nate let out a breath of air, "Thank God. I really wanted to keep the baby."

Emerson giggles, wrapping her arms around his torso, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."