Tooth Fairies & Cup Phones

Emerson and Nate sat on the porch, Emerson sitting between his legs on the porch swing as the two of them starred up at the stars

Emerson and Nate sat on the porch, Emerson sitting between his legs on the porch swing as the two of them starred up at the stars. Nate was playing with her fingers as they talked about anything and everything.

Suddenly the door came open and out came a crying Becky.

"Hey, Becy." Emerson sat up and pulled the younger girl into her arms, "Why are you crying?"

"My tooth fell out." Becky had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Then why are you crying? That means your turning into a big girl." Nate pulled his little sister on his legs.

"Because mommy said that she'd put the dollar under my pillow."

"Sometimes she does." Emerson spoke and both Nate and Becky looked over at her. "The tooth fairy get's tired sometimes and needs vacations just like everyone else. And when she does, the mommies and daddies help by putting the money under the pillow."

"Really?"

"Really." Emerson smiled, running her fingers threw Becky's hair, "Now, you go put your tooth someplace safe until you go to bed. And I'm gonna go talk to Charlotte about something."

"Okay!" Becky grinned, running back inside.

"That was sweet." Nate grinned over at her.

"Yeah,  well I don't like little kids crying." Emerson shrugged, standing up, "Wanna go get them to agree to make cup phones?"

"You know, someday you'll be a pretty incredible mom."

"Maybe one day." She pecked his lips, "Now come on."

✖️✖️✖️

After getting the preteens, Becky and Bean to agree, they all got to work putting the cup phones around the bedroom they were all sharing

. Now they were all sitting around the room.

Greg was standing on the bed.

Becky sitting on the bay window and Nate and Emerson were next to her.

Keithie was under the bed with curly right beside him, a cup phone on the end of his nose.

Andre was in the bathtub.

Bean was in the chest at the foot of the bed.

Donna was in the closet.

Charlotte was laying on her makeshift bed.

"Didn't I say no cell phones? I thought we had a deal." Lenny barged into the room, stopping short when she saw the kids sitting around the room.

"What's up dad?" Greg asks.

"Are those cup phones?"

"Yeah, Emmy and Charlotte taught us. Pretty cool, huh?" Keithie asked, "Check out Becky's."

"Look, Dad, I have cup waiting. I gotta call you back, I'm on with SpongBob." Becky said and Nate chuckled.

Then curly barked and Bean popped open the chest, "Was that a turkey?"

"Yo, Andre. Can you hear me?" Greg asked.

"Crystal clear. Can you hear me?"

Everyone started talking over each other as Lenny walked passed them all.

"The best thing about these is that we can leave these in the shower and listen to Jasmine clean herself tomorrow." Andre said.

"What?!" Lenny exclaimed, yanking the shower curtain back and scaring Andre. He grabbed the cup from the younger boy and put it to his mouth, "Attention children! There's been a request from the phone company. Would you please install cup phones in every adult bedroom, right away?"

They younger kids yelled in agreement, running out.

"You got them to do this?" Lenny asked, pointed to the blonde.

"Yep."

"You, I like you." Lenny grinned before looking at his son, "Keep her around."

"I plan on it."