Welcome Home, Rosie

Emerson held the new born baby in her arms as Nate unlocked the door to their home

Emerson held the new born baby in her arms as Nate unlocked the door to their home. Two days of being in the hospital and finally they were released this morning.

"Home sweet home." Nate grinned, smiling down at his sleeping new born.

"I'm gonna go lay her down in the nursery." Emerson told her fiancé, who nodded before she went up the stairs.

Walking inside the nursery that Nate and Braden had put together, Emerson carefully placed Rosemary in the bed and turned on the baby monitor before going downstairs.

"It feels so good to be home." Emerson landed on Nate's lap as he sat on the couch. "No more nasty ass hospital food!"

"I know, baby." He wrapped his arms around her waist, laying his head back. "I'm just happy I don't have to sleep in that uncomfortable ass chair."

Emerson laughed, kissing his jaw, "Okay. What do you want for lunch?"

"Ohh, your gonna cook?" Mate smirked.

"Hell no. We gonna order something."

Nate let out a chuckle, "There's the woman I love."

✖️✖️✖️

"Anybody home?!" A voice called out, causing Nate and Emerson to sigh as Rosemary started to wail.

"I'm gonna kill them." Nate spoke, getting up from the bed and Emerson picked the baby up, rocking her in her arms.

"What the hell is wrong with you loud mouths?!" Nate hissed, glaring at the teens and pre-teens that had just walked into their home. "I don't know if you guys realize or not, but we literally just got Rosie to stop crying and you coming in and yelling at the top of your lungs is someone's home just woke her up! My cars in the driveway, of course we're home!"

Greg held his hands up in surrender, "Sorry."

"Look, Rosie. It's your uncles and Aunts." Emerson grinned as she walked down the stairs with Rosie, who was wide awake.

"Hi, Rosie. Come to Uncle Greg." Greg walked over to the baby and carefully took her from Emerson's arms, only for her tiny lip to start trembling and a cry left her mouth.

Keithie laughed. "She don't like your ugly ass."

"Let me try." Braden walked over and took the baby, and she's enough she stopped crying.

Nate smirked, hands on his hips. "Well, would you look at that. Rosie likes Uncle Braden."

"That is so not fair." Greg frowned.

Emerson watched her half brother with a smile on her face as he bounced the little baby softly in his arms, a smile on his face as the baby looked up at him with her bright blue eyes.

Arms wrapped around her waist, causing her to lean back in her fiance's arms. "I've been thinking." Nate mumbled in her ear as they watched the other teens coo over the baby girl.

"Yeah? About what, handsome?"

"Let's get married. Three weeks from today." Nate told her.

"What? Nate!" She exclaimed quietly, turning around in his arms. "We haven't even planned anything yet. And do you know how long it takes to find the perfect wedding dress?"

"Okay, next month." Nate said, "Look, you could show up in jeans and a t-shirt and I wouldn't care. I just wanna be married already, and to be able to call you my wife."

Emerson keep her gaze on her fiance's before turning her head to see Greg now being the one to hold Rosie in his arms, "Okay, fine. Next month."

Nate grinned, kissing her.

"Ew!" Greg's voice broke the couple away and they turned to see him giving the baby to Keithie who was laughing loudly while rubbing Rosie's back, "She just threw up on me!"

***

Nate hummed quietly under his breath as he rocked his sleeping daughter in his arm as the clock hanging on the nursery wall read that it was 3 in the morning. The baby had woken him and Emerson up, but he let his fiance go back to sleep while he went to check on his baby girl.

Rosie was fighting her sleep, but the songs of her father humming to her sent her back to sleep. The Feder boy didn't want to put her down just yet though, he loved holding the baby so close to him.

Brushing his thumb softly over her little cheek, he smiled softly as he looked over her features, the same ones that the baby shared with both him and Emerson, "I love you and your mommy so much and nothing is going to change that."

"We love you, too."

Nate turned slowly finding Emerson leaning against the door way with a smile on her face.

Quietly, she made her way over to the two loves of her life and grinned, "Get ready, baby girl. We got one crazy ass family."

"Welcome home, Rosie."