This Can't be real...

"Guardian.. guardian. Wake up! Gwen... come on." Bob says, then after a sharp breath, Gwen comes back to life, suddenly sitting up.

"Oh thank the light! Come on, you have to get up. Now. This place is falling apart, and I can't reach petra or cayde.. I haven't heard from them since you fell." And with the mention of Cayde, Gwen gets up, grabbing her gun and making sure it's loaded before running at full speed.

"Cayde, you better be okay." She says as she runs, not even noticing the blue smoke trails leading her down the halls.

"I'm sure he's alright.. I hope he is.. I don't have a good feeling about this though.. it's too quiet." Bob says as she runs, and suddenly the blue smoke materializes into enemies, unknown to them both. "What is that?!"

Gwen instantly takes down every enemy down in her path, wasting no time. The only fear running through her mind is that cayde had been hurt... or much, much worse. She doesn't even hear he ghost at all. It's all just a blur.

They reach the room just before cayde, which has many scorn in it, and a humongous boss that she's never seen. She calls upon the golden gun, and takes it out in three shots. Just as the enemy falls to the ground, a gunshot sounds from the other room. Gwen's heart drops. She knows.

She runs into the next room, but everything is silent and feels like it's in slow motion. The first thing she sees is Cayde laying on the ground, and a the prince walking to his barons with ace in his hand. He looks to her with a grin, and the door seals itself.

Cayde coughs, and Gwen sprints over and falls to her knees beside him, throwing off her helmet, and taking him into her arms.

"Hey cutie.." Cayde wheezes and coughs, holding onto her arm as bob scans him.

"Hey, hold on baby.. oh you look terrible.. just hold on. We've got you." She says, tears streaming down her face. Bob looks at her sadly.

"There's nothing we can do.." he says softly, and watches Cayde.

"It's okay, little light." He coughs with a bit of a rattle. "I'll be okay. Don't cry babe." He smiles and kisses her softly as she tries to hold herself together. "Tell zavala and Ikora.. that the vanguard.. was the best bet.. I ever lost."

"Please don't go.." she whispers, caressing his cheek.

"I won't really be gone." He wheezes and holds onto the pendant around her neck that he gave her. "I'll always be with you." He coughs and inhales sharply, on his last breaths. "I'll tell ace hello for you.. I love you.. Gwen.."

He takes one last breath, then his hand around her pendant goes limp, and falls onto his chest. Gwen watches his eyes flicker out, and just watches him, unable to process what just happened.. he's gone... he's really gone.. Cayde.. gone. All because of that damned prince.

Petra runs in and sees the three of them, then just stands there, giving Gwen some space. She can hear her now sobbing, clutching Cayde's body.

But after a few minutes, she walks over and kneels beside Gwen.

"Come on Guardian, neither of you should stay here.. let's get you home." She offers to help her up.

Gwen silently stands after gently laying cayde down, and looks to Petra, then picks up Cayde, and carries him back to his ship.

...

Ikora lays her hand on the table in which Cayde's body now lies on, under a vanguard-crested cloth. She starts talking to Zavala, tears in her eyes. Gwen stands in the doorway, looking on in silence. She can't hear them. All she can think about is that greasy prince's dirty, disgusting grin after he took the final shot that stole her love from her..

The two vanguard leaders argue over getting revenge for Cayde. Without even hearing what they say, she steps forward, and looks to them both, and they turn to her.

"The prince, is mine." She says, then turns around and walks out of the room. Neither of them dare stop her.

From the room, she goes straight to her ship. Everyone who she passes stops and watches her go, able to feel the silent rage emitting from their favorite guardian. And with this, they know. Those responsible for the death of Cayde.. are already dead.