The search begins.

After hours of silence between our guardian and her ghost, bob finally talks.

"The Barons and Uldron have hidden themselves somewhere on the Tangled Shores.. I'm not sure how we'll find them, but I know we will. We will avenge Cayde.. and his ghost." He says, and Gwen nods, but stays silent. They're not too far from the Tangled Shore now.

Over the few hours since she talked to Cayde for the last time, her emotions have been through many kinds of hell. First she was in disbelief, then she couldn't stop crying.. but then.. that sadness turned to anger. An anger in which she had never felt before. One that cleared her mind. Gave her one clear goal. Gave her complete control over her actions and thoughts. But.. she felt bad now. She knows it has to be hard on bob, too.. after all, all of them were really close.

"We will avenge him. Nothing will stop me from putting an end to every scorn in the galaxy, and most importantly, Uldron. I'm sorry for not saying anything.. I know you're hurting too." Gwen says and leans her head against bob, her way of giving him a hug while she's driving.

"I'll be okay, Gwen. But.. what about you? Are you okay..? I mean.. he was everything to you.. and he's gone."  Bob says sadly.

"He still is my everything.. and he is gone.. but I have to keep on for him.. and to kill this son of a bitch that thought he could just kill my family and get away with it." She says, with a straight face, and a surprisingly calm voice.. which is scarier than an angry one.

"Just.. don't lose sight of what's right, okay? I don't want to lose you." 

"You won't lose me bob. I promise. There's been enough loss." Gwen says and sighs.

"I'm always here to talk if you need it... do you want me to play that one playlist?" He asks softly.

"Yeah.. that would be nice.." she says and relaxes in her chair as bob plays the songs she listened to before her and Cayde started dating. As she listens to the songs, she realizes she's once again longing for that feeling.. his touch, his voice.. his presence beside her. She reaches her hand up to her pendant, and gently holds it, just like he did before the light faded from his eyes.

Tears start to fall down her cheeks as memories flow through her mind, but she wipes them away. He wouldn't want her to cry like this.. he would want her to be happy. So, she sweetly smiles and starts to sing with the songs, just as they did in that little cottage.

Before they knew it, they landed on the soil of the Tangled shore.

Gwen instantly hops on her sparrow, and starts speeding through the barren lands.

"So, what should we look for?" She asks bob, as they pass confused fallen.

"I'm looking for energy signals now, I'm sure with all that weird magic-y stuff they have they'll give off something." He answers.

Just then, their comms crackle, and a familiar voice starts talking.

"Hello, Guardian. I heard you're going after Uldron and his barons. I might know someone who can help you out." Petra says, and Gwen sighs.

See, Gwen wanted to go after them alone. This was her mission. Not anyone else's. But, she knew it would be dumb to go in blind at the least. She gives bob a nod, telling him to negotiate with Petra.

"Where and who is this.. someone?" Bob asks.

"He's called the spider. And he wants those barons dead just as bad as you do. You may be able to make a deal with him. Right now, the scorn are invading his home. Help his men repel them, and he might let you in." She says, and sighs. "Good luck, guardian. I hope you're okay."

"Well, she gave us coordinates. Do you want to go?"

"Sure, let's see what this spider has to offer." She says, and makes a sharp turn to change course to their new destination. "If worse comes to worse, we can just.. ya know, kill him."

"We don't need more trouble right now and you know it, Gwen." Bob replies.

They finally reach the coordinates Petra gave them, and without fail, the scorn are already attacking the other fallen inside.

Gwen loads her weapons, then enters the battle.

She fights with deadly accurate aim, never missing a shot. With that, and acting friendly to the fallen under The Spider's control,
She quickly becomes the leader of this battle. And once the dust settles, the fallen bring her directly to The Spider, and Petra walks in with her.

"So, you want to kill the barons, huh?" The Spider asks, fidgeting with something in his hand. "A guardian.. out for bloody revenge. I never thought I would see that. Ha! What a sight." He leans closer, and Gwen notices that he's fidgeting with a dead ghost. She tenses up and looks directly into his eyes, already not giving him any trust. "And where.. is this Guardian's ghost?"

With that, she instantly reaches for her knife, but Petra stops her, and slightly shakes her head.

"Her ghost is none of your concern, Spider. We are just here out of shared hate. If you lend us your help, we will kill the barons and their scorn for you. Maybe even bring you some supplies should we find them." Petra says, trying to give Gwen a moment to cool down.

"Very well. I will give you my help.. but first, I must ask a little favor of you, Guardian. To earn my.. friendship." He grins. "The other fallen, those traitors. Have stolen from me. I would like my supplies back. After my things have been returned, I will give you the location of the barons."

Gwen nods, and looks to Petra.

"She will do it. Just never mention he ghost again." Petra tells him as Gwen walks away.

"I wish you luck, Guardian." The Spider calls after her, but she keeps on walking.

After they're out, Gwen starts her search for the supplies, this time on foot.

"I don't know if I like that guy.." Bob admits, sounding a little scared.

"It's alright Bob. You know I wouldn't let him touch you." She tells Bob sweetly to try and comfort him. "Petra won't either. You're safe, I promise."

"Thanks.. I don't know, threats like that just seem more real now.. you know?"

"Yeah.. but we're just as careful and strong as ever. How many gods have we killed now? I don't know. I don't think a fallen like him should be any worry." She smiles. "How about some tunes for the journey?"

"That sounds good." Bob says happily and turns on a random playlist that she used to listen to all the time, just so she can hear something comforting and familiar.

To be truthful, the music was more for Bob than for her. But, hearing him happily hum did give her some comfort.

Eventually, they gathered all the supplies, and took out a lot of "traitor" fallen with it. After she's done, she goes back to The Spider's lair to get the coordinates to the barons.

She walks in there with purpose, and looks into his eyes, hers narrowed. He leans forward to look closer at her.

"Well done, Guardian. You have earned my friendship. Well, partially. Kill the barons, and there will be more to come from me. For now, I give you my men, And the location of the barons. But... It will be a death wish to go after them all in one place." He sits back in his chair. "But I put faith in you. You have the spirit and the determination. I wish you luck, friend." He says, and gives her the location of the barons.

Gwen nods, as if to thank him before walking back out.

Soon, it will all be over. She will have the barons' heads.