Things to do, people to see.

Gwen arrives back at the tower with the usual flair of her gift and confetti themed transmat. She takes a deep breath of the cold tower air, the smell of construction and motor oil was never so welcoming. She takes a moment to look around, and realizes there's no one there to greet her. Zavala wasn't even in his usual spot.

I mean, sure, she didn't expect a welcome back party or anything, but.. at least her closest friends. The ones closest to her and Cayde. But nope, not a single soul. She shrugs it off, and walks a fair distance to a door she's only seen once before. She looks over to the keypad and goes to enter the code, but her hand shakily hovers over it. She takes a deep breath, and punches in the code.

The door slides open, and her eyes fall on the white and golden sheet she left not too long ago. A tear falls down her cheek as she pulls both ace and a box with a spade on the top of it out of her inventory. She places the box on top of the sheet, then kneels by the table, clutching ace in her hands.

"I did it, babe... I.. I brought back Sundance.. I killed that greasy mother- sorry.. you know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I brought ace home too. And.. I know you. You want me to keep her. I earned her fair and square, after all.." she trails off, looking to where Cayde's head is and sniffles.

"I'll fix her up. I'll keep her with me, just to have you with me too... but hell.. if you were to pull one last stupid miracle, I hope you do it soon. We all miss you..." she says and stands back up, holstering the broken and tattered ace, and pulls out a small bouquet of the same purple flowers he picked for her in that field. She then gently places it over his hands, and looks at him one last time before turning around and walking out, sealing the door behind her.

She takes a moment in the hall to gather herself, then she starts off for the bazaar. She doesn't know where Zavala or her friend Ripley are, but she knows Ikora will be in her usual place.

She walks slowly, without purpose. More of just dragging herself along. She even stumbles down some of the stairs on the way. When she finally makes it over to Ikora's area, she rushes over and walks her over there to sit down.

"You look horrible, Guardian..." Ikora says, sitting beside her. "But I honestly don't blame you."

"Thanks..." Gwen says with a sigh, and rests her face in her palms. "I still can't believe he's actually gone... and.. I thought killing Uldren would bring me some kind of peace, but honestly... I just want him back."

"I know the feeling. Believe me, we all want him back. Lately... nothing has been the same. Things just keep getting worse and worse.. and.. well, You, Zavala, and Cayde are the closest people I have.. and.. Zavala has gotten so much worse. Cayde.. he was the only one around that could actually cheer me up. He was my closest friend." She says and looks to Gwen, who is now looking at her.

"I know." Gwen says softly and pulls Ikora into a hug, which after a moment of hesitation, she returns. "Now we just have eachother, and I'll be damned if we don't make it right."

"I admire your enthusiasm." Ikora says with a smile, then hands Gwen a pile of folded up pink fabric.

"What's this?" She asks curiously and stands, unfolding it.

"It's a hood I made, in honor of him. I think you should have it. After all, I did make it pink." Ikora says with a smile, and Gwen quickly puts it on. She smiles and gives a bit of a twirl, oh so happy about her new and permanent addition to her armor. She hugs Ikora again.

"Thank you so much. I'll wear it proudly." Gwen says, and they both smile as they pull away from the hug.

"No, thank you. And good luck out there." Ikora tells her proudly.

Gwen smiles and gives her a salute, then walks off with new purpose. Ikora made her realize that there is a legacy to carry on, and if anybody was fit for the job, it was Gwen. She runs up the stairs, and through the hall, then stops with a crash into a random crate at Banshee-44's Kiosk.

"Hello Guardian, I see you finally have ace." He says with a small chuckle at her crash landing.

"I sure do! Horrible damage and all." She places ace on the counter, and he picks it up, inspecting it. "Are you able to fix it?" She asks nervously.

"Of course I can. Although, she's got a lot of damaged parts that I don't have.. but I'm sure Cayde has some in his hidden cashes."

"Hidden cashes?! He has hidden cashes?!" She asks, shocked.

"Yeah, you don't expect him to keep everything in the hangar, do you?" He says, and she gives a shrug. "Here, I don't know where they all are exactly, but I know what planets they're on." He gives her all the coordinates, and she hands him some calibration data for ace.

"Take good care of her, although I know you will." She smiles at Banshee.

"Don't worry, and good luck to ya out there." He says, then sends her off.

She turns around to run back to her ship, but she (literally) runs into Zavala. She freezes, and he puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Good work out there Guardian. Even though I still don't think it was the best plan of action, I'm proud of you. I've never seen you do so well." He says sincerely, although reluctantly.

"Gee, thanks commander.." she says, feeling a little awkward from his mixed emotions.

"You're welcome. But.. killing this prince will lead to consequences we probably can't handle. But we will deal with that when it comes... in the meantime, The vanguard has a gap that needs to be filled. It's hard to inspire the people and the other Guardians without Cayde around."

"I feel like you're trying to tell me something?" She asks, looking at him quizzically.

"Well, I think you should become the Vanguard's Hunter, in Cayde's place. You are the only choice I could think of, since you and him were so much alike, and you have the skills for it." Zavala says with a hint of a smile, proud of her but not wanting to fully admit it.

"Me? Vanguard? But.. doesn't that mean I can't do everything I normally do?" Gwen asks, a little hesitant to accept.

"We can work all of that out after you accept, but you will have more responsibilities here at the tower than out there." He gestures to the other side of the wall.

"I truly am honored, Zavala." She says with a smile. "But.. I need time to think about it."

"Take your time." He smiles and nods, then steps out of her path. "Go do what you need to do."

"Thank you!" She says happily, then takes off running through the snow, giving a wave to Shaxx in the distance, and hopping down all the stairs that lead to the hangar.

On her way out, she high-fives Holliday and Ripley, then hops in her ship before either of them could stop her to talk. She then has bob set the coordinates in the ship, and takes off.

"Alright Cayde, you're sending me on one last adventure for you. I'll make the best of it." She says to herself as she rides for Nessus.