The Showdown, pt.2

THE TIME HAS COME.
The moment she's been waiting for since Cayde's hand fell from hers.

Uldren. Will. Die.

Gwen had just stored Sundance's remains in her inventory when Petra's voice started over the intercom.

"Hey, Guardian. I know you just went through something really rough with that last one, but we have to hurry. Uldren- Headed- Watch- Tower-" She says in an urgent tone, but the static is interrupting her.

"Petra? Petra do you read me? Petra...? Nothing.. Gwen, we should probably head for that watch tower." Bob says, in a panic.

"Wherever he goes, I'm going." She says and hops onto her speeder, headed for the tower.

An uneasy silence accompanied them on the ride to hazy tower in the distance. Between Gwen's determination and Bob's grief, there were no words to say. Although as the tower loomed nearer, Bob's fears grew stronger.

He knows Gwen is in the mindset of she has nothing left to lose, and that's truly what scares him. Because she really has so much she could lose. Not only him, but all of their friends... all of the people that depend so much on her... they need her. He.. he needs her. He doesn't want to die. And he doesn't want her to die.

"Are you ready?" Gwen asks Bob as she dismounts her sparrow, looking up at the tower.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess..." He says shakily. "Hey, Gwen?"

"Yes?"

"No matter what happens in there... please promise me we'll make it out of there the same..."

"I promise." Gwen says without hesitation, and starts walking to the tower. As they approach, an armada of spider's troops walk up behind them, and try to tell them something.

"They're saying.. Run through, they'll take care of the scorn.. good luck." Bob translates for her. She smiles, salutes them, then runs for the watch tower.

She dodges the fire from the scorn as they fall around her, thanks to spider's people. Once the doors shut behind them, she takes a moment to catch her breath against the wall. Then she hears a familiar voice and stands up straight, while reloading her gun. That voice is that of the fanatic. The last baron on her long list.

"Time to make the fanatic history." She says and marches on, no fear this time. Not the slightest bit. After all, her worst fears already came true.

She walks into a room which is basically just pillars, and the fanatic is standing there, waiting for her. He goes to speak, and Gwen just holds up a finger.

"Nu-uh. I don't even want to hear it. No "too late" or "Cayde's dead because of you." If you're gonna fight me, just fight me." She says, not tired, but annoyed. He goes to speak again, so she just starts shooting at him, marching towards him.

Of course he starts to fight back, but she charges at him anyway. She takes out a sword and strikes his knee as she dodges between his leg, making him stumble. She then hops onto his back and sinks that same sword into his shoulder. He screams then growls and throws her off of him, her body slamming into a nearby pillar. She stands back up despite the immense pain as her ghost heals her.