Prologue

"Uh.. everyone I need to say something," I says loudly, gaining the attention of the table full of people.

"What is it son?" my dad asks frowning slightly, he looks at mum who also frowns.

"I've made my decision about which college I'll be attending after Christmas," I say glancing at Dani who was sitting beside me. I had kept my decision secret from everyone, including my girlfriend. I give her a small smile, then I look back up. I squeeze Dani's hand. I hope she wouldn't be upset with me, I'm sure she would understand. I take a deep breathe, then I spill my secret.

"I'll be continuing my sports into college," I say simply looking at everyone. Dani's eyes widen in shock, and she pulls her hand back, she excuses herself and runs from the table. I jump up and run after her, calling her name.

"Dani, wait listen," I cry after her. I apologise to the gentlemen I had accidentally ran into.

"I'm so sorry," I say, the gentlemen frowns.

"Is that your girlfriend?" he asks nodding to Dani who was now out the door. I nod my head growing inpatient, I was wasting time.

"Everyone makes mistakes, some take time to heal," I frown at the choice of words.

"I..." I trail of confused, where did the guy go, I look around but he had vanished. I shake my head, and started running again. I didn't mean to make her upset, I wanted to join music, I really did. But there was a reason I couldn't go, a reason why I choose Footy instead. A reason I couldn't tell. I push the door wide open and run out into the cold dark night. I stop, turning me head one way than the other, where did she go. People push past me to go inside the restaurant, mumbling about teens these days. I see a familiar figure making their way into a cab, I run to her.

"Dani, wait please," I yell, people glance at me oddly. I watch as Dani's face looks up at me, her green eyes were red and puffy, hurt that was what was written. Plain and simple hurt, and I had put it there. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, I had caused the tears and the hurt.

"I thought we had something Hayden, I thought I loved you but now.. now I'm not so sure," she says sadly, closing the door behind her. I stand still, watching the cab window wind down and I see her face once more.

"Goodbye Hayden." Those two words broke me, I'm broken. I lost the most important person in the world. I fall to the ground, people stare at me like I'm crazy, maybe I am. As I watch the love of my life drive away, away from me forever, I feel something cold and wet run down my cheek. A tear.

"I love you Dani White," I say quietly to myself, and I'm going to win you back because you're worth it.

***

Welcome back guys, here's Football Love :) thanks for all the messages, and you guys helping me with this and Falling For You :) You guys have really helped me so much and I can't say thanks enough so thanks again hehe :P I'm just going to inform you that the sport is Football (AFL) and not soccer or rugby or union and so on, I just couldn't find a good picture for the cover so I had to use that image. Anyway if you guys are new to my stories, this is Hayden and Dani's story. Falling For You is Destiny and Hunter's story, I don't think it really matters which order you read from. But anyway I'm back and I'll try to update as often as I can for you guys, hope you enjoy the story :) and please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote.

Amy xxx