Chapter Ten

Well I was right, my feeling was right. Two days after Damian had shown up, something bad happened.
"Ok boys, sense the match is coming up soon, we have to train harder than ever before..." Coach says, standing in front of us, hands behind his back. Our coach was a good guy, he was in his mid thirties, short clean blond hair, over six feet and piecing green eyes. He was known for being funny and having fun around him, but when it came to practice, it was a different story.
"Psh Hayden," someone taps me on the shoulder, I turn to see Casey beside me wearing a worried look. I look back at coach but he was busy sorting out the other guys.
"What's wrong?" I ask Casey as quietly as I could. Coach would kill us if he heard or saw us talking when we were meant to be quiet.
"I haven't seen Walker, and he's not here," Casey whispers back. I frown, now that I thought about it I hadn't seen Walker sense yesterday afternoon and he wasn't here now.
"Maybe he slept in," I whisper but I knew that wasn't the case. Casey raises his eyebrow, I look at the ground. Where was he?
"Care to share what you two are talking about Rose and Scott," cries coach catching our attention. I look up into his green eyes, they were peering at me and Casey. Should we tell him or not.
"Coach!" cries another voice on the other side of the field, all of us look up surprised.
"Walker?" questions Casey shocked. My eyes widen as I recognize the familiar figure walking towards up, well more like limping. In his hand was crutches, and his left foot was wrapped in the thick white bandaged tape. Walker finally stands in front of us, his graze flicking to me for a second longer before looking at coach.
"What happened?" coach says worriedly glancing at the foot, he was worrying and so was I.
"I was uh pushed down some stairs coach, I don't think I'll make it for the game but I'll try my hardest coach really," Walker says leaning on the crutch for support. I was about to make my way towards him, when Casey grabs my hand and shakes his head slowly. I frown but stay put.
"But that means we're a guy down coach," Even says sadly, Ethan sighs.
"We can't play without you Walker, who's going to take your spot, no one because we don't know anyone else," Mitch puts in sadly. The coach has lost his friendly smile, instead he was sad, frowning.
"Does anyone know of someone who's pretty good?" he asks us, everyone shakes their head sadly.
"To bad your brothers to young, hey Hayden," Walker says quietly. Yeah Felix was pretty amazing at footy, but he was far to young to play here and anyway I wanted him home and safe. "Or your sister," he puts in but I glare at him, I was not having Destiny play here with us. No way. We all trail off sadly, thinking, going off to our own little worlds.
"Hey doesn't Destiny have a boyfriend?" asks Mitch, I frown but nod my head.
"Yeah so?" I say confused, what was he getting at.
"So. Is he good at footy or something?" Mitch asks me, the rest of the team watch me, hoping.
"I actually don't know..." I answer truthfully, I didn't know that much about him really. Just the important things.
"Well even if he can play, he's still underage," points out Kyle sadly, the rest of the group sighs. Hunter had just turned seventeen a few months ago, still young but maybe we could work around that.
"Or is he," I say grinning, the team turns and looks at me a little confused.
"What you mean Rose?" asks coach frowning.
"Well no one knows him and he'll be in uniform, he's pretty tall and looks older than his age. He could easily pass as one of us coach," I say getting excited this could work. Coach nods his head, in deep thought, then he nods his head smiling.
"It's worth a shot guys, give him a call as soon as possible Rose. See if he can, it'll be tough but it could work. Ok well that's all for today guys, I'll see you bright and early tomorrow at six." The rest of the guys slowly walk off, once they've given Walker get well soon wishes. Soon it's just me, Casey, the twins, Mitch and Walker left.
"Well let's hope Hunter can help us," Ethan says quietly as I pull my phone out.
"Who didn't get pushed down the stairs, did you?" asks Casey looking at Walker. Walker shifts uncomfortably on his good foot, glancing at me.
"I got pushed by Damian and another guy," he answers quietly.
"Dammit, I seriously hate that guy," complains Even, everyone nods their head in agreement.
"I'm sorry," I say loudly, it had been my fault that Walker had got injured. My stupid fault, I should have just stayed quiet and gone back to Drake instead of this stupid bet.
"Nah don't be mate, you have to fight for what you want and anyway I'm fine," Walker says giving me a small smile. I had a feeling he knew more then I had told them, he winks at me, yep he knew more.
"Come on guys, I'll let you sign my cast," calls out Walker as he starts to walk off to the showers, the guys follow behind him excitedly. I guess I should probably call Hunter, it was only a little after six.
"Hayden, long time no talk," Hunter says once he picks up on the fifth ring. I hear movement, and someone else whispering something. I then start to hear shuffling, followed by muffed voices and finally a loud scream followed by a squeal.
"Hayden!" cries my sisters voice excitedly. Oh god, I should have known Hunter would be with Destiny, good to know they're still joined at the hip.
"Hey sis," I say smiling, oh how I missed her. I could literally see her smiling in my head, picturing her in my mind clearly.
"When are you coming to visit? it's been ages and we all miss you so much," she continues speaking. I hear another muffed voice, I was guessing it was Hunter.
"It's only been a month Destiny," I say grinning, "And I miss you all too." It was good to hear her again but I really needed to ask Hunter. Obliviously she read my thoughts.
"Well visit soon, mums going a little crazy without you here," she states giggling. "Oh alright Hunter, I have to give the phone over but I love you so much, bye," she says and I hear her blowing kisses through the phone.
"Love you too sis," I say, I laugh as I hear the phone being passed over.
"God, wish I could get blown kisses when I'm gone," says Hunter a hint of amusement in his voice. I laugh.
"I'm sure you get the real thing when you see her buddy so I get the blown kisses, after all I'm her protective older brother," I state still laughing.
"Well yeah," he replies laughing. Sure Hunter was two years younger then me, but after our talk, we're pretty close friends. "So did you wanna ask me something or you just wanted to talk buddy?" he asks, I hear him moving around again.
"Do you play football?" I ask him, what he asked so I may as well get straight to the point. I hear laughter on the other end.
"I don't play it as a sport or competitive but I'm alright at it, why you ask?" he answers.
"Well long story short, my friend got pushed down the stairs, and has a broken foot which means he's probably out for the big game in seven weeks. We don't know quite yet but we don't have anyone to take his place," I say quickly.
"And you want me to take his place?"
"Well yeah. You could come up here on weekends or something and train or we'll figure something out. And don't worry about your age, we'll get that covered, the coach is working on it but please mate, we need you." I hear silence on the other end.
"I have to go sorry mate but I'll get back to you alright," he says before ending the call quickly. I look down at my phone, well that was uh interesting. I grab my jumper off of the stands and make my way to the dorms, I would have a shower later.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It was a little after nine, when my phone buzzed.
"Pause the movie dude," I say getting up, Casey sighs but pauses the movie. We had rented 21 Jump Street and 22, we had finished the first one and was half way through the second. God it was amazing and funny as. I swear Casey had peed himself laughing at one stage. If you haven't watched them, I recommend them, best funny movie all time. I locate my phone on my bed where I had thrown it earlier. The screen flashes again, alerting me of another message. I grab it and open my messages up.
Dani: Hey, I heard about Walker. Hope everything is alright and hope he recovers quickly.
I smile as I read the message, it's the first message I had received from her. After she had fallen asleep in my arms, I had taken her and Sam home. Hadn't heard anything from her sense, so I didn't know where we stand at the moment.
Me: He's doing ok, but I'll tell him for you =)
I was going to add something, but I change my mind and send that. I then check my other message which ended up being from Hunter.
Hunter: Sign me up partner.
I smile as I read this, yes we would be alright. We had a full team again, hopefully he was good and if not he would be when we're done with him. I was about to turn my phone off when I quickly change my mind and send Dani the message. I smile as it turns to read, she doesn't reply but she doesn't need to. With that I nod my head at Casey who grins as he un-pauses the movie. I notice that throughout the rest of the movie, I couldn't get rid of my stupid silly grin that was on my face.
* * *
Yay! I actually updated once more but I don't know when I'll be able to update again. Probably next weekend, sorry guys. School has to come first I'm afraid, wish me luck for my exams, I'm gonna need it hehe :P Hope the chapter wasn't to boring, hopefully the next will be interesting. I'm thinking of doing another Dani chapter so look forward to that guys =) Comment, follow and vote if you enjoyed and want me to continue this story :D
~ Life is really simple. But we insist on making it complicated. ~
Amy xxx