Chapter Seven

{ Hayden's POV }

After I had written my name down, I was told to think of a well-known song that I would be singing to tonight. I had a song in mind, a song that I used to sing all the time for Dani. Cause maybe, maybe that person was Dani. Speaking of the girl in the red leggings, I spy her talking to a tall guy with black spiky hair beside the stage. I try and listen, but the crowd is to loud to hear anything they're saying. I watch as the guy says something than walks off, turning back once saying something, then walking away again. The girl stands there in shock, but then she takes a breathe and heads to the stage area. Was she Dani? was she my Dani? But this girl had brown and blond highlights added into her long black silky hair and who was the guy, he seemed familiar to me but I can't remember.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ X's POV }

Ring! Ring!

"Hello," I say answering my phone.

"Sir, we have sight on the guy," the other line says quickly. I look up and glance over the heads of the other kids.

"Where about?" I ask, I couldn't see him. At least not with all these people around.

"He's close by, I also believe he's joined the competition," the voice informs me.

"Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open. Well got to go, thanks for the information," I say about to end the call.

"You smash them sir," the voice says before the call ends. I grin, oh this would be easy enough alright.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ Dani's POV }

"Ok ladies and gents, give it up for... Drake," the announcer says loudly. The crowd cheers and screams, jumping up and down. Wow, I really didn't know Drake had this many well fans, did everyone know him. I watch by the side of the stairs, Drake swaggers onto the stage holding his black case. He looked like he belonged up there on the stage, waving and smiling at the crowd. The announcer, I think his name was Jason or Jake, handed him the mic.

"Well hello guys, how are we all?" he asks, the crowd screams in response. Drakes smile widens as he opens the black case slowly. "Well guys I'm going to sing a good song that hopefully you'll all know. It's pretty popular, haven't been out long," he says handing the mic back over. Drake takes the bright green guitar out of it's case and throws the cord around him, he takes a few strums of the cords before beginning. The crowd goes deadly quiet, waiting.

"As a child you would wait,

And watch from far away.

But you always knew that you'd be the one

That work while they all play.

And you, you'd lay awake at night and scheme

Of all the things that you would change

But it was just a dream!

Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town.

Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town

From dust."

Wow Drake could really sing and play, he like captured the audience even me. I was just hooked on his voice and just him. He was home and in his area, this was the real Drake not the flirty one.

"Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that built this town

From dust.."