Chapter Seventeen

"Hey guys, I'm back," I yell out as I walk into the games room. Ethan, Evan, Mitch, Luke, Casey and Walker all stop what they're doing and look at me.
"You're back!" cries Luke.
"Welcome back Hayden," Ethan and Evan says at the same time, we all laugh.
"It's great to have you back mate," Mitch says nodding his head.
"Yeah we missed you bud," Walker adds in, I was sadden to see that his leg was still covered.
"Aww sweet guys, you missed me," I taunt them smiling wickedly at them. Evan jumps up and slaps me on the back before bringing me in for a hug.
"I missed you guys too," I admit smiling.
"Oh Hayden, coach wants to see you down on the field," Walker tells me after the guys had un-paused the game.
"Oh ok then. I guess I'll go see what he wants then," I say frowning slightly.
"Have fun," they call out behind me.
"Oh and I heard you got it on with Dani mate," Evan shouts out after me.
"Shut up Evan," I shout back but I was smiling.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Hey coach, you wanted to see me?" I asks when I'm standing right beside him.
"How was your little vacation?" he asks instead, still looking out over the green field. I find this a little odd that's he's asking but I go along with it.
"Pretty good actually no it was pretty amazing. Thanks for asking, how was yours?" I ask him back.
"Oh you know the usual except that the cops came and asked about you," he says finally turning around to face me and he didn't looked to happy.
"What? Why? What did they want?" I ask confused, why were they here.
"Apparently someone that they won't say the name of... gave them information about you doing and dealing drugs kid. That's what," he explodes glaring at me angrily. "They searched your room but came up empty thank The Lord for that. You've been such a good kid and I just don't understand why you would..."
"Coach I'm not doing drugs," I yell at him.
"Well they sure think you do kid and they want to catch you with them and get you kicked off the team for good. I just never expected you to..."
"Coach just listen to me alright," I tell at him angrily. He stops still mad but let's me speak. "I'm not doing drugs of any kind and I never will, you have to believe me here coach. They won't find anything because I'm not hiding anything, they can question me and run tests but they won't find anything," I rant at him. "I'm a good kid alright, you just said yourself that you don't expect that of me so why don't you believe me?" I continue to rant at him angrily, getting worked up quickly. This had to be some kind of sick joke or something, I has done for if someone had taken pictures of me last year. Oh no what if the person who gave the cops the information is Drake or Damien. Trying to ruin my career and my life. No I had to think positive and keep my head clear from bad thinking.
"... I don't know what to think kido, I really truly don't," he says shaking his head sadly. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to call your parents and you'll most likely have to be sent room until further notice," he adds. I sigh and run my hands through my hair in frustration.
"But what about training coach, the games in five weeks, I have to be here," I tell him.
"I'm sorry Hayden, I really am," he says softly giving me a sad smile as he turns around and starts dialing a number into his phone.
"Hello.. is this Mr and Mrs Rose, yes there's a problem and I'm afraid you'll have to come and pick up your son." My legs give out and I fall to the ground, running my fingers in my hair and screaming out in frustration. Coach glances at me quickly before speaking again.
"I'm afraid it's not good... yep alright, I'll see you then," he shuts his phone and turns to look down at me.
"It's not fair coach... I haven't done anything wrong," I say quietly, having a death stare with the grass. Well I guess I really had done wrong, I had been a drug dealer. I guess I really wasn't a good kid, maybe I was better off leaving.
"Come on Rose, it's time to pack up your things," coach says walking off. I stay seated on the grass, I couldn't get up, I couldn't move. This moment was reminding me of the time when Dani left in the taxi and I felt broken, now I feel broken again, and it's making me angry and upset. My parents faces of disappointment, disapproval, Felix's sad face, my sisters pained sweet face. Oh what had I gotten myself involved with? I should have just kept out of their business and left everything alone. I guess I had been sitting on the grass for over an hour when I hear someone call out my name.
"Hayden." I see that it's Walker, limping his way over to me, I just stare up at him. "Dude it's going to be ok," he says dropping the crutches and sitting down beside me on the grass.
"Is it?" I ask him, looking across at him. "My parents are going to freak, they're going to be so disappointed and upset, my siblings sad and hurt faces. I don't even know what's happening anymore dude, it's going so quick... and now I'm pretty much getting put on house arrest. I didn't mean to get involved, I was trying to help out... But instead I've made nothing but trouble to you and my family and Dani..." I trail off and go completely quiet.
"What do you mean Hayden, involved in what?" Walker asks me frowning, I shake my head. "What haven't you told us dude?"
"I can't tell you or anyone else Walker, I can't," what if I did, they'll get hurt more?
"Hayden tell me everything right now or I'm going to shove my good foot right up your a** and it's not going to be pretty," Walker states staring at me. I gulp, he didn't look like he was kidding so I take a deep breathe and spend the next good hour telling him everything drugs and all.
"Oh wow dude, that's uh..." he says trying to think of the perfect word.
"What dumb, stupid, I'm an idiot, I'm a d*ck, yeah I'm everything like that," I say cussing under my breathe.
"I was going to say tough mate, real tough. I understand now why you act the way you do with Damian and Drake, but what are we going to do if you won't be here for the match. Cause you have to be or you'll lose the deal and then no offense but you'll be kinda sc*ewed," he says staring up at the sky. "We need a plan."
"You don't say," I say sarcastically, Walker chooses to ignore the comment. Smart move bro. We get lost in our own thoughts for quite a while, thinking.
"HAYDEN DANIEL ROSE," I hear someone shout at me from across the field. I couldn't look, if I look I would see her sad, disappointed face and I just couldn't.
"What is this we've heard of you and drugs young man?" I then hear my dad say.
"You're strong mate, you'll get through this. If you need me call alright, I'll keep you up to date as well," Walker says clapping me on the back before standing up.
"That's if they'll let me use the phone at all," I tell him, he smiles. I don't.
"Hayden," my mother yells again now standing in front of me, I try to look past her. "You look at me right now mister." I have no choice but to look at her. Her face had aged, she was worried but still angry, I can see the flicker of disappointment in her eyes. I then glance briefly at my dad, he's the same. I've let them down, both of them, all of them, everybody.
"Tell me you haven't taken any drugs," she says, a flicker of hope crosses her face when I shake my head. I look at the both of them.
"I haven't taken any drugs and I won't at least not voluntarily," I answer truthfully. It's true I hadn't taken any drugs, even when Drake wanted me to, I didn't. I had just sold them, and that's it, sell them and get paid if I was lucky.
"Ok, I believe you," mum says throwing her arms around me and hugging me tightly. I let her hug me tightly, even when she was slightly cutting my breathing off and my blood circulation off.
"I've had the same problem as you son, when I was here. It ended up being a bunch of guys I was versing in the nationals, they wanted me off the field for good. That didn't end up happening though, don't panic I'm going to try and figure this out and get you back on this field," dad says. I nod my head at him, not speaking.
"Well we better take you home," mum says taking my hand as she kinda drags me along beside her. Again I let her drag me with her. "At least Felix and Destiny will be happy to see you again so soon," mum tries to cheer me up but it makes me feel worse.
"Not when they find out the reason," I say quietly under my breathe but my parents hear me and glance at each other. I walk off ahead of them and climb into the car, for the entire trip back home it's deadly quiet. No even a whisper, or birds singing in the late afternoon sky, no one spoke and that was fine by me. I wasn't in the talking mood.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As soon as we got home, I got out of the car and opened the door being ambushed on by Felix and Destiny. Felix screams happy words, words of love and he looks up at me all smiles, that's it he looks up to me but he shouldn't. I'm not good enough for him to look up at. I take his hands off me, and he frowns while glancing at Destiny.
"What's wrong?" she asks me, I turn and stare at her, didn't our parents tell them.
"We haven't quite told them yet honey," mum answers as she and dad walk in.
"What's wrong bro?" asks Felix worriedly, he looks up at me his big eyes wide and scared. That's what breaks me the most, and so I mentally hit myself for what I say next. I'll never forgive myself. Ever.
"Everything's f*cken wrong, my life is f*cken wrong. I hate you because you look up so mightily at me like I'm some kind of superhero or something, well guess what. I'm not some superhero, this isn't some game or Fairytale and I wish i wasn't born, or you weren't born. You're so annoying expecting so much from me. I can't be that superhero, I can't protect you from monsters Felix, this is life and life is crewel so toughen the fr*g up and leave me the hell alone." I scream at him, Felix's eyes grow wider and his bottom lip is out, he's eyes start to tear up. Then he starts crying and crying and crying, loudly.
"Hayden," my parents and Destiny yell at me shocked and mad. I can't believe I said that, I'm a mean person, I'm evil. I'll never forgive myself, I can't. I turn around and ran up the stairs taking two at a time, jumping the last three and ran into my room.
"HAYDEN, get back down here and apologize to your brother right this minute," my dad yells at me. I slam my door as hard as I can, and then lock it shut, I grab my chair and put it under the handle. I can already hear my dad running up the stairs shouting at me to not slam the doors. I don't listen to him. I go over to my draw/side table and grab my iPod plugging in my spare headphones. I then go and sit in my comfy chair in the corner of my room, I glance at the door.
"HAYDEN open this door up right now young man," I hear dad say from the other side of the door. I shove my headphones in my ears, and turn the music up as loud as it could go. I can no longer hear my dad knocking on the door, or him yelling, or my brothers loud crying. I closed my eyes and listened to the music. It's strange how when you actually listen to the song, you actually understand the lyrics, I didn't even understand this song till now. I was so lost and I don't know what I was going to do next.
* * *
So guys, an interesting twist of events don't ya say. A new version of Hayden, a more sad, lonely, feeling lost version. Poor Hayden :( I was close to tears writing this because I just feel so attached with my characters, I felt his pain and Felix's hurt. I'm sorry if this chapter is a little short but I'll try and make it up in the next few chapters. I'm aiming to finish this story around chapter twenty-five to thirty maybe. I don't want to rush it though, so I'm taking my time kind of.
AGAIN I have to ask you guys to COMMENT on who YOU want a POV on so please get COMMENTING!!! sorry for the use of caps but I really want to do this persons POV chapter soon and so I really need to know who you guys want. I think that's all I need to really say. Just a reminder that I do make covers so if you're interested pm or comment and I'll get back to you's =)
~ When you're happy, you enjoy the music. But when you're sad, you understand the lyrics. 🎶 ~
Amy xxx