Chapter Twenty-Six

{ Dani's POV }
"Honey are you already to go? We're leaving in ten minutes," my mum tells me. Popping her head around my bedroom door, her long dark hair flowing behind her.
"Yeah I'm ready to go when you and dad are," I inform her looking up from my laptop. I had currently been messaging Drake on Facebook before my mum had came in.
"Well ok then honey, are you wearing what you're wearing?" she asks me glancing at my current outfit. Which considered of blank shorts and my white tee.
"Ops," I say getting up and rushing to my wardrobe. "No I'm wearing this," I tell her pulling the black leggings and the tiger t-shirt out.
"Ah, go tigers!" mum says smiling and nodding her head. I nodded smiling as I quickly change my clothes, while mum walks back downstairs.
Beep. Beep. Beep.
I guess Drake wasn't one to be patient. I quickly French-braid my hair as I open Drake's message up.
Drake: Hello?
Drake: Tiger, hello are you there?
Drake: I get it, you don't want to talk to me because I'm to cool for you ;)
I roll my eyes at his last message, ha ha very funny 'to cool'.
Dani: Actually my mum came into the room and reminded me that we were leaving in ten minutes =P
I quickly tie my hair, and flick it around to the back, as I waited for him to read it.
Drake: Oh! Are you going to the match today?
I freeze a little at the question, it didn't exactly seem like he would say. Like he didn't usually care where I was or was going but he seemed.. different with this one.
Dani: Yeah of course I'm going, I have to be there to support my boyfriend =)
I quickly send that and wait for his reply, I didn't have to wake long.
Drake: Fair enough.
Hmm, something wasn't right here. I was about to to ask him if something was wrong when he sent another message.
Drake: Do you really like Hayden?
Ok, one; what's with all the questions and two; what a stupid questions, of course I more than like him.
Dani: I really love Hayden, I truly do. I can't really explain how much I love him but I do. Without him, it's tough, I miss him so much that's it's like trying to live without your guitar. Or PB+J, but without the Jelly. A book without the words, you get my statements hehe :P
I wait for him to reply to my rather long message. I wait and wait, finally it reads 'read,' but he doesn't reply, then he logs out. Hmm strange, but I shrug it off, turning my laptop off.
"Honey, we're leaving now," dad shouts from downstairs. I can't help the smile that flys across my face, I was seeing Hayden today, and I couldn't wait.
"Have you got your phone?" mum asks as dads locking the door. I nod my head and show her the back of my red phone case.
"Alright then, it's going to be a long drive," dad reminds us all. I hear my dad groan after he had said it, mum and I laugh. As you can tell, I'm actually an only child. My parents tried to have more but sadly they couldn't. I was never the crazy wild child life, or the punk or naughty and I wasn't one of the spoiled ones. I was happy with the small presents I got for Christmas and my Birthday, and I was used to not having my parents around all the time.
"KATHY! MIKE! DANI!" shouts a voice from behind us after we had all gotten into the car. We all jump out and turn around to see Mr Smith red in the face, but he was smiling.
"What is it Mr Smith?" I ask him.
"Lindsey is in birth, well her water broke and I have to rush her to a hospital but our cars not starting," he tells us getting worked up, frustrated and worried. My dad quickly saves the day.
"Don't worry you can come in our car, it has seven seats. I'll take you's to the hospital," dad says as him and mum rushed inside to help. I stand where I am for a few minutes. The Hospital was all the way on the other side of town which meant we were going to be even more late after the baby was born. Then I started to feel guilty, I shouldn't be like this. Mr and Mrs Smith needed help, and I would be smiling and helping them not wanting to be at my boyfriends game.
"Dani!" cries Summer happily as she runs up to me. "Did you know that my mum is having my baby brother or sister now?" she asks me smiling and clapping her hands.
"Yes I do," I say smiling as I help her into the car. "We have to go to the Hospital now," I tell her as I strap her in the booster seat. We always had one in the car for her.
"Do you think mummy's going to have a boy or a girl?" I ask her also getting into the car.
"A boy, a boy," she says smiling and giggling, her hair today was again in two piggy-tails. We stay quiet as Mrs Smith sits down and Mr Smith sits down beside her, holding her hand tightly. My dad and mum quickly get in click, clack and we're off to the Hospital.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We had now been at the Hospital for over two hours, I was in the waiting room along with Summer, my dad and my mum. While Mrs Smith was currently in labor with Mr Smith holding her hand. I glance at the time on my phone for like the hundredth time. 5am.
"I'm sorry honey," dad says, a hand on my shoulder.
"You don't have to be sorry, it's fine," I say giving him a small sad smile.
"Maybe we can get a cab for you, Lindsay and will understand sweetie," mum says standing up and taking her phone.
"It's fine mum, I'll wait," I tell her. Already knowing that a cab wouldn't drive six hours to a game and if they did it would cost quite a bit. The room goes into silence again, Summer was asleep on Mr Smith who also looked pretty tired.
"Mr Smith?" calls a man with a white coat and his notepad. Mr Smith gently moves Summer and stands up, walking to the doctor. We all watch as the doctor talks to him. Finally he turns to us and smiles.
"It's a boy!" he shouts happily, we all congratulate him. "Oh and Dani, she says that she wants you to go to the match and she won't be hearing any complaints," he tells me. I smile, that's Mrs Smith for you.
"And your ride is just outside," dad informs me smiling. I jump up and down, smiling as I hug everyone.
"Come around when you come back, Jayden would love to see his aunty Dani," Mr Smith tells me, I nod my head smiling. I quickly rush outside to see an SS Ute parked at the front of the Hospital. I wearily walk towards it, was this my ride? Who was my ride?
"What are you waiting for Tiger, hurry up and get in," shouts Drake from the open window. I grin as I hurry up and climb in, clicking my seatbelt in.
"Thanks for this Drake," I tell, smiling as I lean against the door and close my eyes.
"Anytime Danielle... I'll do anything for you even let you be with him," he says softly. I didn't hear anything he said because I was already fast asleep.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Dani, Dani," a voice says waking me up.
"Huh," I say quietly, looking around us. The first thing I hear is loud people screaming and yelling. I sit up straight, my eyes wide. We were here, the game.
"You go and watch him, I'll find a car space," Drake tells me as he leans over me, opening the door.
"Ok thanks Drake, you're the best," I tell him quickly hugging him before jumping out. I quickly make my way between and around all the stalls, and around people.
"Ouch, did you see that boy go down," I hear someone say.
"Oh yeah that was the new guy, Hunter I think his name is," says another.
"I heard that number two was pretty angry about what happened," another pipes up. Wait, number two was Hayden. Oh no, I quickly make my way to the field. I run up to the fence, finally I can see what's going on. I spy Hunter being moved off of the field, I watch number two. Hayden. He was yelling something at the blue snakes Captain, then he was dragged away by Quinn's boyfriend, Walker. I hold my hands over my mouth, a little scared of what would happen next. I continue to watch as Hayden grabs the ball, looking up at the crowd. I follow his sight to see his family and Hunter's family on the stands together. Then he glances at the clock, I have a look too. 1:00 minute left. I continue to watch him as he looks at all his teammates, his face was between slightly scared and then sad. I knew I was the reason for them, I should've been here long ago but I was here now and i had to let him know that. I remove my hands from my mouth and clap my hands together and then I do it again. People around me glance at me wearily but I don't care, I need to let him know I'm here. Walker see's me, waves and then he stands up with the help of his crutch and claps. All together the people on the benches, the bleachers, people standing up all join in and start clapping. Hayden looks around in amazement, then the umpire blows the whistle just as his eyes fall on me. I scream at him to run and kick the damn ball, they needed a kick through the middle to win this. I watch as surprise washes over his face, then he really smiles. I blow him a kiss and then point down the field for him to go.
"COME ON BABE, RUN AND KICK!" I scream at him loudly. Finally with thirty seconds left on the clock, he runs. I watch in amazement at how fast he could run, he side steps two players and then passes the ball to I thin his name is Casey. Together they run down the field, then Casey throws the ball back as he gets ran into. Hayden jumps up and catches the ball, and continues to run. I look up at the clock to see only fifteen seconds left. As my eyes go back on him, I notice the captain on the other team was standing right in front of him, blocking his path. Oh no, ten seconds left, we wouldn't make it.
"KICK THE BALL HAYDEN!" I scream at him. I watch as he continues to run, oh no they were going to crash. I close my eyes, to hear a giant whooshing sound. I open my eyes to see the ball sail just above the captains head, he was reaching up but missed it.
"Five..." the crowd roars loudly.
"Four..."
"Three..." The ball was still in the air.
"Two..." now it was coming down and it looked like it was going to be a perfect kick.
"One..." the ball is a meter of the ground.
"Zero..." there's a loud horn being blown, but the tiger supports jump up as the ball lands perfect on the ground before bouncing away. The umpire smiles as he lifts his hands in a straight line. We won. We got the points. I jump over the fence not caring what people thought and run towards Hayden.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
{ Hayden's POV }
I won, we won. I jump up and down grinning, my teammates all jump over me, clapping and smiling. But I only had eyes on my girl, I watch as she jumps over the fence and starts running towards me. I couldn't help the giant smile that was forming on my face. I open my arms as she runs into me, she knocks us over. Me landing on my back as she lands on top of me. We both laugh as I hold her close to me. She was here, she was with me.
"I'm so sorry Hayden, Mrs Smith was going into labor just as we were leaving and dad took her to the Hospital," she explains while looking down at me. Pouting, I know she's feeling guilty she hadn't been here the whole time. I stop her as I place my lips on hers as I kiss her. I feel her lips move against mine into a smile, mine do the same.
"You won," she says as we both stand back up. I shake my head and she frowns.
"I won the game yes but I have one more thing to win..." I tell her softly, smiling.
"Dani?" I ask her, dropping down onto my knee. I watch as her big brown eyes widen in shock and surprise, her hands flying to her mouth. "Firefly. Will you marry me?" I ask her as I produce the white small box and open it. Dani nods her head, tears rolling down her cheeks as I get up and slide the ring onto her finger. Dani jumps up and wraps her arms around my neck, kissing me repeatedly.
"Yes, yes, yes," she cries loudly after all the kisses. I look around to see my family, and Hunter's clapping and smiling. I let go of her hand as she runs over to the families and show off the ring and get cuddled and kissed by everyone. I glance around to see my friends all clapping and Evan was whistling.
"Hayden," I thought I would hear that voice some time today. I turn around to see Drake, dressed in tight jeans and a dark green top, his dark spiky hair and dark green eyes.
"Drake," I say in the same tone he used. I had won, meaning I was free and didn't owe him anything. I watch as his green eyes light up and he walks over to me, I freeze not knowing what he was doing or what I should do. The next thing was scary, Drake actually hugged me, but in a guy way.
"Congratulations man, she loves you and you two are great for each other," he says smiling, he's really changed. He's scaring me a little though, he was actually being... nice.
"Uh thanks man," I say nodding my head. We continue to talk about a few random things, I would always glance over and check on Dani.
"You really love her, don't you?" Drake asks me, giving me a sad smile. I nod my head.
"She's amazing, sweet, kind, caring, amazing singer. She's perfect and even if she wasn't, I'd still love her to death," I say truthfully. Smiling as I watch Felix and Hazel hug her, as she was holding Zachary.
"I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot mate, if I could take it all back, I would. But I can't, so I'm sorry but maybe we could be friends?" he asks me, watching over Dani before turning his eyes to a certain looking blonde.
"Friends sound good," I tell him, as I shake his hand. "Go and get her," I tell him once I caught him glancing at the same girl twice. Drake looks at me surprised and shakes his head.
"No way, she hates me Hayden and you know it," he says sadly. I shake my head at him.
"Well you sure have made yourself quite a name Drake or should I say X," I tell him honestly.
"I stopped that," he tells me, and I believe him strangely.
"Well then if you can stop that, you can talk to her," I say pushing him towards her. Drake shakes his head but walks over to her, I watch on as I see Sam's eyes widen at the guy in front of her. I turn back around smiling, they would get together, I had a feeling. I smile as I see Dani walking over to me, I place my arms around her.
"What can I do for you Firefly?" I ask, teasing her as I kiss her neck softly.
"I love you Hayden, I always have," she says looking up at me, her eyes bright.
"I never stopped loving you either Danielle," I tell her, kissing her nose. We both smile as we look around the green football field, happy to be with each other.
"Hayden?" Dani says softly. "We always seem to be drawn to a football field," she says softly and quietly. I laugh at how right she was, I first saw her in the music room, then we played footy together. When I lost my memory, the football field helped me get it back, and now, now it was where we got engaged.
"It'll be our little place," I tell her quietly, she looks up at me and smiles.
"I love you Hayden," she says again, she leans up and kisses me.
"I love yo..." I start to say.
"Watch out!" cries Evan's voice just as a ball flies past our heads. I turn and glare at Evan who innocently shrugs.
"Ops my bad guys," he says, laughing. I look down to see my Firefly giggling loudly, she buries her face into my top. I chuckle as well, leaning ode and placing a kiss on her head. I wrap my arms around her tightly.
"I love you too Firefly."
The End.
* * *
Well there it is guys, the end. I'm sorry it wasn't posted yesterday but it was very late when I got back home and yeah. Anyway there is going to be an epilogue posted a little later today, so don't go anywhere. I hope you guys really enjoyed this story, because I know I did =] THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ, COMMENT, VOTE AND EVEN ADD IT TO YOUR READING LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget to;
* Comment
* Follow
* Share
* Vote
And the next story in this series is... { Drum roll } ...
* Little Miss Nerdy and Matt
Also I'll be beginning Player Vs. player a little after Christmas some time so look forward to that guys =P
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
~ Every story has an end. But in life, every ending is just a new beginning. =) ~
Love Amy xxx