Chapter Six

{ Hayden's POV }

"Ok everyone another lap and I think that'll be it for today," calls our coach glancing at all of us.

"Yes," I hear Luke say after he takes a few deep breathes. It was finally Friday afternoon, and I've heard that there's a party being held tonight. Casey said sense we are the footballers, it's like a kinda ritual that I must attend even if I didn't want to go. It's all the boys talked about the past few days, partying and meeting chicks. I wonder who else was invited, apparently any and everyone from all the colleges close by was coming. So it was going to be big and it was going to be epic.

"Rose, you're falling behind lad. Pick up the PACE!" I hear coach scream at me. I look up to see that Ethan had pasted me and Casey was in the lead, closely followed by Evan. Crap. I quicken my pace, picking me feet off the ground and running as fast as I could. There was only half the track left. I could see that Ethan was slowing down, probably from all the fast running at the start. I quicken my pace a tad, and fly past an annoyed Ethan who was now slowing right down. Evan and Casey were now my opponents. Evan wasn't that far ahead of me, I take a deep breathe and race on.

"Hayden really dude," calls out Evan as I go past him as well.

"Sorry dude, try and keep up with me if you can," I call back behind me. I hear Evan grunt behind me. There wasn't much of the track left, coach was watching me and Casey, we had left the others far behind.

"Let's see who's the better runner," I hear Casey shout, I grin. I hadn't even started pushing myself, whereas Casey had just then and now he's weakening slightly. I push on and on, I was now side by side Casey.

"Game on bro," I say as I take one last push and run past him over the finishing line.

"Good job out there Rose, you to Scott," calls coach smiling at the two of us. I take a sip of my water, as the rest of the boys slowly finished.

"And that's a wrap guys, go wash up and I'll see you bright and early Monday morning," coach says as he heads back to the shed.

"Woohoo party time," shouts Evan as soon as we hit the showers.

"When you leaving Walker?" questions Ethan. Walker looks up and grins.

"As soon as I'm finished here of course, wouldn't want to keep my baby waiting you know," he answers smiling. We all knew that Walker had a new girlfriend, apparently she was tall, long blond hair and blue eyes. I had heard that Walker and her had been an item in senior year but something happened, now they were back together.

"Yeah I'm picking my girl up in an hour," calls Casey from the other side of the room.

"What about you Hayden, when you picking your girl up?" asks Walker, the guys all stop and look at me. What was I meant to say, I had told Casey I had a girlfriend but. I quickly say the first thing that pops into my head, that's not entirely stupid.

"She's getting a lift with her friend, but I'm meeting her there," I say fiddling with my shirt.

"Well I'll catch you all there then, see ya guys," calls Walker leaving the room.

"To a great night," calls Luke grinning as he to leaves the room. Everyone else follows suit, until it's just me left. I glance around the now emptied room, towels had been left on the benches from some of the guys. I fiddle with my button, deciding to leave the top one undone, the green shirt worked with my eyes. Plus being out in the sun a lot lately, I had a great nice brown tan. I close my locker and walk out the door. Let this night be interesting and hopefully not to epic and crazy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

{ Dani's POV }

"This is it," calls Sam jumping out of the car, her hot pink mini skirt rising up a little. I jump out closing the door behind me, well it was in the middle of the woods alright. But there were lights everywhere, I could make out some benches, hear the music and people screaming and having a good time. I could do this, this was going to be a greet, fun night.