Chapter Fifteen Dani's POV

I look around in fright. It was so dark here, I could hardly make anything out. Where was I? How did I get here? I look up as I hear a car toot loudly, and I saw bright lights coming towards be. I scream in terror. I knew that I need to turn and run, but i couldn't move my feet. It's like they were covered in the concrete beneath me, I was stuck, helpless. I look up at the on coming car, I could literally see my white face in the lights.
"FIREFLY RUN!" screams a loud voice at me. I look around, it was Hayden's voice but I couldn't see him anywhere. "RUN!" With that I finally turn around and run. I run like crazy, pushing myself hearing the car following me. I push and push myself faster and faster, I had to keep going. I rush past a few garbage bags, a bin, a dumpster.. wait a dumpster. I must be in some sort of alley way or something. I end up getting my feet caught in something and I fall down. Hard. I let out a scream as my head hits the concrete ground, I start to see black dots everywhere. Also little mini me's were flying around my head, was I drunk or something. I try and concentrate on them, but they go blurry and keep spinning. I then feel someone grab my legs and arms pulling me up roughly. I kick back and scream, I ended up kicking one of the guys in the shins and he let's me go cussing. The other guy bends down and picks something up, I try and get away.
"You aren't going anywhere darling," then I go blank as something hits me over the head.
I sit up startled, oh it was just a nightmare. I place a hand over my heart, trying to stop my heavy breathing. I was sweating, my head was covered in it.
"Hey, what's wrong babe?" I jump and see Hayden on the ground lifting his head up to see me. It's then that I remember yesterday and me falling asleep. I glance down to see that I was still wearing what I had on yesterday, but I was sleeping in Hayden's bed. Hayden gets up quickly and pulls off the cover, getting in beside me. He gently puts an arm around me, and I lean into his touch. I needed him right now, he was my rock and I needed to calm down. Hayden tightens his hold around me, but frowns when he sees how hot I am.
"What happened?" he asks softly, looking down at me. I open my mouth, but burst into tears. It had seemed and felt so real. Hayden quickly grabs me and sits me down on his lap, bringing his arms tightly around me. I turn and burry my face into his singlet, crying. Hayden continues to rub my back, and hug me.
"Shh. You're alright babe, it's ok, I'm here."
"It.. I.. run.. caught.." I say crying into his top.
"Shh. It was only a nightmare baby, you're safe here and you have me, I won't let anything harm you," he says, kissing my forehead softly. After a little bit, I finally calmed down and stopped crying.
"I'm sorry," I say quietly looking up at him shyly. His green eyes meet mine, twinkling.
"Don't be, I'm sorry you had a nightmare. But I promise I'll protect you, nothing will ever harm you. You're always safe. Forget about the nightmare and anyway..." he says cheekily. "I have a treat for you today." I glance up at him stunned.
"A treat?" I say echoing his words, he nods his head.
"Well more like treats," he says smiling.
"Treats?" I say surprised. "As in more then one?" again he nods his head. I watch as he gets up, placing a kiss on my lips as he goes for the door.
"I'll be back really really soon ok, I love you," he says smiling at me and blowing me a kiss. I giggle, it looked funny seeing him blow a kiss, he just looked so strong and tough but he was so sweet. Guess it was a stereotype, then again there were many stereotypes around these days.
I love you too," I say back blowing him my kiss. I giggle as he lifts his hand up to catch it, then places it in front of his heart. Winking at me as I giggle more, nearly falling off the bed because I'm laughing so much.
"You're.. so.. funny," I say in between my laughing fit.
"And you're so hot giggling," he says cheekily. I stop laughing immediately and turn to stare at him, my laugh was not hot nor was I just putting it out there. Hayden winks as he opens the door and escapes closing it behind him. Did he really mean that, or was he joking playfully? I had no idea how long I would have to wait, so I lay back down in the warm bed, pulling the cover over me and closing my eyes. What was Hayden up to?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I awake to a soft kiss gently placed on my nose, I wiggle my nose and open my eyes shyly. I hear someone laughing quietly, I see the person in question smiling down at me.
"My sister can wiggle her nose like that too," he says laughing. I smile shyly as I get up and stretch, all the while Hayden watches me silently. I look over at him, to see that he was smirking at me.
"Well breakfast is served your highness," he says pointing to the plate that was on the side table. I could see that there was a heart shaped pancake in the middle, decorated with jam and a rose laying across it. I sigh in utter surprise, I look over at Hayden who was slightly blushing and looking down at the ground.
"Did you do this?" I question him as I quickly take a small bite. Yum, it was so good.
"Well uh..." I look over at him, he's blushing a little more now. I giggle as I get up and walk over to him.
"Well uh what mister?" I ask as I stand in front of him, hands on my hips smiling up at him.
"My mum made the pancake but I did the rest," he finally mumbles quietly. Now his cheeks were alight in red, as he looked so adorable. I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him, he responds back kissing me harder. I throw my arms around his neck as he hugs me. I whisper in his ear.
"You're so adorable," I say as I kiss his ear and let go of him, heading back to my yummy surprise pancake and rose.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Hello sweetie," says Hayden's mother as I walk into the kitchen an hour later. I had changed into something nice which was what Hayden had asked before he left again.
"Hi Mrs Rose," I say smiling as I sit down at one of the chairs. "Oh and thanks for the breakfast," I says, she smiles.
"No problem darling, Hayden kinda got upset when he figured he couldn't exactly cook," she says storing some left overs in the fridge.
"But he shouldn't feel bad, I can't exactly cook either. But hey it's the thought that counts and I'm so in love with him and so happy and..." I trail off shyly.
"Who's in love with who now?" asks Mr Rose coming into the room and kissing his wife.
"Your son and Dani," explains his wife smiling at me.
"Oh yeah. Well I'm also so in love with you dear, and happy valentines," he says producing a bunch of pale pink roses. Aww. I get up and head outside, leaving them to have their private moment. I head out over to the seat and plunk myself down.
"Happy valentines Destiny, and happy three months anniversary darling," I hear someone say. Come on, could I not get any piece and quiet. No offense to every couple but my guy had disappeared on me again but at least I had gotten a lovely breakfast. Sure enough I see Hunter and Destiny in each other's arms, cuddling. With a sigh and get back up, and go back through the kitchen and the other two lovebirds and into the lounge room. I glance around to see that it was just me, finally. I grab the remote and surf the channels before deciding on some Disney movie. I was five minutes into when I hear another person enter the room, I turn expecting it to be Hayden but it's only Felix.
"Hey little dude," I say as he sits down beside me, holding something behind his back. "What you have there?" I ask.
"Hey Dani and it's just a rose for Hazel," he says smiling as he shows me the rose. I try and not let out a sigh, and be happy for him.
"Aww that's sweet," I say, he nods his head.
"Felix?" asks a small voice, I see Hazel dressed up in a little cute red polka dress.
"Oh hi there Hazel," says Felix shyly as he gets up and walks to her. Aw I was witnessing young love first hand. "This is for you Hazel," Felix continues presenting her the rose. Aw the look on her face, such delight and happiness. Soon they're both out the door and outside playing, leaving me by myself again. I was sighing in relief at finally not intruding peoples love moment when I hear two voices coming into the room.
"Please tell me you two aren't going to present a rose," I sigh grumpily. Cullen and Angelo laugh as they enter the room.
"Darling, we already are roses so we're presenting ourselves," Angelo says laughing his butt off.
"Shut up you," I say back, shaking my head but I was smiling.
"Nah we're both single guys not in a hurry to find love just yet. But trust me, if my cousin wasn't dating you, I'll be all over you," Cullen says winking at me. Someone clears their throat angrily near the archway. All three of us turn to find Hayden raising an eyebrow at Cullen.
"You would not be all over her Cullen Andrew Rose, if you were I would kill you," Hayden says simply. Cullen raises his hands in surrender, I try not to laugh.
"Now if you'll excuse us, I'm taking Dani out so catch you guys later," Hayden says taking my hand and leading me outside.
"I'm sorry about those two misfits, bunch of morons sometimes," Hayden says shaking his head.
"They're seventeen years old babe, plus they're boys," I say rolling my eyes playfully. Hayden glances across at me as we slide into the car.
"What are you trying to say here baby, that I was like that when I was seventeen?" he asks leaning over to me.
"Maybe," I say playfully kissing his lips and pulling back quickly, leaning back into my seat. I hear Hayden growl at the back of his throat, I glance at him.
"Playful are we?" he questions. I giggle as I put my seatbelt on. "But I wasn't finished," he whines at me. I giggle more, smiling at the look he was wearing.
"Aren't you meant to be taking me somewhere?" I ask him smiling, Hayden shakes his head but grins.
"The cars not moving until you at least give me a proper kiss first," he says winking at me.
"And what if I don't?" I question him cheekily. Hayden grumbles something under his breathe angrily. Before leaning over and grabbing me, bringing me closer to him, I try and pull away but he places his lips over mine aggressively. Hayden pulls back, and glares at me.
"Don't ever do that again," he states before starting the car up.
"Why not babe?"
"You can't expect me to be happy with a quick kiss before you pull away quickly. It's teasing me and I don't like to be teased, especially with you," he answers taking off down the road.
"So what I'm a teaser," I sat cheekily, I catch him glancing over at me quickly.
"You're a hot teaser."
"Oh!" I say blushing shyly, I turn the stereo on and sing along to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Where are we Hayden?" I ask as he turns the car off. We were at the back of some sort of building, it looked familiar but I couldn't place it some reason. The big red bricks, the two buildings, the huge oval. Why couldn't I remember. Hayden had made me wear a headband over my eyes so I wouldn't see the way we were going but he had finally taken the off. I watch as Hayden walks over to a door hidden behind some bushes. How did he know that was there, I didn't even notice it.
"Are we breaking and entering or something?" I ask him quietly as I make my way behind him. I don't like that cheeky grin on his face.
"Not exactly, this door has always been opened so..." he demonstrates by pushing the door, it swings wide open. I stare in shock, this place needed cameras and a better door or should I say a door that closed properly. Forget it, they needed a good working door, why not buy a brand new door. Hayden smiles as he walks in, leaving me to stand outside by myself.
"Hayden," I hiss out to him, a little scared. Ok so one thing you should know about me, I'm a hard person to scare usually. I'm always the type to chose scary over romantic movies. Although lately I had been slightly changing my taste, and I was now a little scared that we would get caught. "Hayden," I hiss again slightly irritated. "Hayden."
"Will you shut your pretty mouth and follow me already," is the reply I finally get. I look up to see him standing in front of the doorway, hands on hip. "And anyway I thought weren't one to scare," he states raising his eyebrow, teasing me.
"I.. I'm not," I say in my best brave voice, I put my hands on my hips and walk past him. I hear him chuckle behind me. As I walk around I start to glimpse old things, the white and navy tiles, the old white plain boring walls. Even the familiar looking ugly red lockers that lined the walls on both sides. I then stop, and turn around to face Hayden, my mouth open wide.
"School?" I say slightly puzzled. Hayden nods his head but then shakes his head making me more puzzled.
"The schools not what I brought you here to see," he says smirking, I roll my eyes.
"Then what did you bring me here for?"
"That," he says softly pointing behind me. I turn and I swear my mouth just hit the tiles, oh my gosh. I ran towards the big opened doors that lead into the music room. I stand in shock as the lights all turn on as soon as I enter. In the middle of the room was a little white table and chair, a red tablecloth over it. There was plants and flowers surrounding it, fairy lights decorating the plants. A trail of soft red petals were on the floor by my feet leading up to the table, I could also hear a familiar sound, a song.
"Oh my gosh, it's our song, our version," I cry happily as I listen to our two younger versions sing in the background. I also saw a big projector in front of the table on the wall, hooked up to a tiny laptop on a desk beside it.
"Do you like it?" asks Hayden wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder gently.
"I don't like it..." I say softly. "I love it," I cry turning around and jumping into his arms taking him by surprise. Luckily I didn't end up on my butt. We ended up having some delicious pasta, and ice-cream for desert. I don't know how Hayden did this but I loved it.
"And now for the movie," Hayden says getting up and walking over to the laptop.
"A movie?" I echo. Hayden presses a button and comes back beside me, holding me close to him. I look up at the projector as the lights go off and the screen turns white then I see Hayden.
"Hey firefly, I've had this idea for a while. Meeting you in this very room, right near that window... I've made a little movie to show you all the good times we've had together. I hope you enjoy beautiful," then the screen Hayden disappears and the screen goes blank again. I look up at Hayden who grins down at an, kissing my forehead softly. I look back at the screen as songs that we've sung together plays in the background and images of the both of us flash on the screen.
"Oh baby, when I first met you. I never would have thought that you'll mean so much to me."
I smile as I see pictures of me, sitting near the window flicking through sheet music and lyrics. My younger self shyly looks up and smiles, waving then I remember Hayden telling me he was recording this. I jump off the seat and hit him, not hard. I can't believe he recorded all that. Another picture of me comes up, I'm smiling at the camera. Another one of me with a cheeky tongue out photo, and one with Hayden also poking his tongue out. There's one with Hayden's arm around me and we're both smiling at each other. Oh there's the photo at our first concert together. Oh my gosh, I thought he had deleted that one. My little sister had dressed and styled him as a princess with the blonde wig, tutu, makeup and high heels. Hayden looked so funny, but he also looked cute as he blushed slightly as he smiled, I had taken a picture. But afterwards he had taken his phone and said he had deleted it, I guess not. There was a photo at my mums friend wedding, where I had invited Hayden along. Photos of us at lunches and his games, us dressing up and posing. A lot of photos were when we were singing, there was so many photos even when we were at the music festive with the candy floss.
"I love you Danielle Lily White and I always will..." Hayden's voice says again as the last picture comes up. It's one of just plain me, in plain clothes, I was smiling up at the camera shyly. Then the PowerPoint finishes and the music stops.
"I love you Hayden," I say throwing my arms around him. Hayden smiles as he hugs me tightly. He leans down, close to my ear and whispers.
"Oh and happy valentines firefly."
* * *
What do you guys think of the chapter? I hope it's not to long. I've got some good news, I'll be knocking off school this Tuesday and then it's holidays so I'll be able to update more often for you guys :) I'll also like to ask you guys which character would you'd like a POV from so please comment your answer, follow and vote and I'll be back soon with another chapter =)
~ When I tell you that I love you, I don't say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me ❤️ ~
Amy xxx