Chapter Twelve Dani's POV

I looked around in amazement. The music festival was being held in the town centre, the roads had been cut off letting people walk by all the different stalls. As I was looking down the centre of the walkway, I could see hundreds of different bright stalls. I also spied a big stage set up in the middle of the centre, a few food and drink stands and a little kiddies area that held a little kiddies playground. Oh how I wished and begged my family to take me here one day, and now I was here with Hayden.
"You seem very happy," Hayden states smiling down at me, I grin.
"I am," I say, and nothing could turn my smile upside down. Without thinking, I grab Hayden's hand in mine and rush over to the closest stall. Oh wow, was that a Nickelback signed album. I use my free hand to flip it over and have a look at some of the music that was on it.
"I see you are a fan of Nickelback," I glance up to see an older man who was standing behind the stall.
"I like their music, they have a lot of good songs," I say nodding my head to the beat of lullaby.
"Do you sing?" the man asks, he must have been in his mid forties. I glance up at Hayden and back at the man shyly.
"Uh not really," I say quietly.
"We sing together, you should hear her though, she is amazing," Hayden says smiling. I watch in amazement as he starts to describe every single detail about my singing to where I'm nervous to when I'm finished. I didn't know that he actually spent time watching me and listening to me. But to hear him talk about this, in such a happy, excited tone, it was magical. I was still staring at him, when he turns his head down to look at me.
"What?" he asks playfully, smirking.
"Oh nothing," I say quickly looking back at the album.
"Are you and your girlfriend enjoying the festive so far?" the man asks kindly. My eyes widen as I realize that I was still holding his hand. I quickly let go and step away from him.
"We uh aren't.. together..." I stumble over my words in a rush, trying to get them all out. Hayden glances at me, a slight frown on his face but then it's gone replaced with a blank unreadable look.
"Oh I'm sorry, you two just looked cute together and so I thought that you guys were together but never mind me and my big mouth," the man says shaking his head. I give him a small smile, at the corner of my eye I see Hayden glancing at some other albums close by. I look back down to see that this was only $10, oh a bargain.
"Can I buy this please?" I ask him, the guy smiles and puts it in a bag for me.
"That'll be $10," he says waiting patiently as I search for my purse. Oh no it wasn't in my bag, oh no I must have left it behind.
"I'm so sorry, I must have left my money back home. I'm so sorry for causing you this trouble," I say feeling slightly guilty. The man just laughs quietly and smiles at me, holding the bag out for me. I didn't have any money, why was he still giving me it?
"Come on Dani, I'm starving," complains Hayden taking the bag from the man. I was about to snap at him to hand the bag back over when I see him take out his wallet and hand a twenty over.
"Keep the change old pal," he says giving the man a smile as he hands out his hand to me. I glance between him, the man and his outstretched hand.
"What are you waiting for girl, take his hand and go exploring, have some fun," the man says giving me a gentle push towards Hayden. I take a deep breathe, and put my hand in his, Hayden smiles. I so hope that I wasn't making a huge mistake in trusting Hayden again, I didn't want to go back to my awful, sad, pathetic life.
"Hey I think they're about to start with the guests singing in a minute, want to try and get a good view?" Hayden asks looking down at me, I smile as I nod my head excitedly. I laugh as Hayden pulls me along after him, I guess he wasn't hungry anymore. But my excitement ran out when I saw the huge crowd of people in front of the stage. Hayden came to a stop, we weren't that far from the stage but I was short and couldn't see over everyone's head.
"Do you want to try and see if we can get a better spot?" I ask Hayden as someone bumps into me, nearly knocking me off my feet.
"Careful dude," Hayden yells to the guy, but he just keeps walking off. Hayden looks a little angry, I touch his arm, making him look down at me.
"It's alright Hayden," I say just as the mic holder says for attention.
"Welcome everyone to the 2014 music festive, I hope you guys are having a blast." The crowd roars and screams as loudly as they possibly could. "Well first up let's get a round of applause to... Lucy Hale who's going to be singing.. You Sound Good to Me," the crowd screams again including me. I loved country, mostly Lucy Hale, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Lee Kernaghan, Adam Harvey, Taylor Swift, Keith Urban and Kenny Rogers just to name a few. I wish I could see her up there on the stage, but even if I moved left or right, I was just to short. As Lucy begins singing, the crowd starts dancing and singing along with her.
"I get a crazy, crazy good kind of feelin" I wanted to join in with her but I was just upset that I couldn't see. I huff in annoyance, why did I have to be short, no wait, why did everyone have to be so tall.
"You alright?" Hayden asks me, his head tilted to the side while looking at me.
"No," I say quickly. "Well yes everything's lovely but..." I trail off I didn't want to sound ungrateful or whiny.
"But?" he asks raising his brow slightly.
"But... I'mtooshortandIcan'tseeanything," I rush out quickly, blushing. Hayden frowns, trying to figure out my words but then he smirks nodding his head.
"I'm sorry, I'm so stupid," he says laughing, I shrug shyly. Hayden shakes his head, while kneeling down, my eyes widen and so does other people glancing our way.
"What are you doing?" I whisper/yell at him in shock. Hayden rolls his eyes.
"Well I want my firefly to see the singers and things so hop on," he explains giving me one of his big, bright smiles. Did he just call me firefly, that used to be my nickname when we were dating.
"I don't want to hurt you," I say frowning at his back, what if I hurt him.
"Trust me, you won't hurt me. Now hop on so you can see the good bit," he says impatiently. Without thinking on it any longer, I hoped onto his back, him lifting me up so I was on his shoulders, my feet tangling before him. Oh wow, the view was amazing, I could see everything and more.
"You alright up there?" he asks, I nod my head smiling brightly. I then remember he can't see me duh me.
"I love the view, but are you sure I'm not hurting you?" all I get is him laughing. "Baby, you sound good to me,
Baby, you sound so good to me,
Mm-m-mm like a melody,
Baby, you sound good to me." I sing along to the music, I smile as I hear Hayden's voice blending into mine. This moment was fast becoming my favourite, I couldn't stop smiling, my cheeks hurt so much from smiling.
"And now we have Coldplay singing A Message," I freeze.
"Hey what do you know, that's our song," exclaims an excited guy under me. I laugh, that was our song, the first ever time we meet. I was playing that song in class one morning, when Hayden entered the room. I didn't notice him, and I kept on singing that was until someone sat down beside me and started singing it with me.
"And so it is," I say smiling as I watch Coldplay make their way onto the stage.
"Welcome everyone, now I have a surprise for you's all today," says Chris Martin looking out over the crowd. "Now Guy, Jonny, Will and I have just been informed that there's two people out in the crowd that loves this song and means a lot to them and so we've decided to..." the crowd goes deadly quiet. "Let them come up and sing this song with us.. come to the stage.." Jonny says looking down at a piece of paper. "Dani White and Hayden Rose." Wait, that's me and Hayden. What was happening, I couldn't sing with these guys. Hayden quickly helps me down and takes my hand, dragging me behind him. As we get on the stage, the guys all shake hands and the crowd goes wild.
"Let's get this song on the road people, if you know the lyrics shout them, sing them, scream them if you must," says Guy laughing as he takes his place, and singing the first verse. Guy then points to Hayden to take it off with the second.
"And I'm not gonna take it back,
And I'm not gonna say, "I don't mean that"
You're the target that I'm aiming at,
Got to get that message home," he sings beautiful and it makes me smile. Then all of us sing the chorus, our voices all blending in magically, Jonny then sings the next verse, before pointing back at Hayden.
"And I'm not gonna stand and wait,
Not gonna leave it until it's much too late," he looks out over the crowd.
"On a platform I'm gonna stand and say..." he spins around pointing to me and walking over to me. I freeze, what was he doing.
"That I'm nothing on my own," he's standing right in front of me now. I watch as Hunter lifts his hand up, and lifts my chin up to meet his memorising green eyes.
"And I love you, please come home," he sings softly, looking down at me, a smile on his face. Then out of nowhere, he grabs hold of me and spins me around while still singing.
"My song is love, is love unknown,
And I've got to get that message home," he finishes still holding me in the air.
"Listen I know I made a huge mistake Dani, and trust me I'm so so sorry. I'll make it up to you for the rest of my life but you have to give us another chance. Please. Dani I love you," he says softly, his eyes bright. The crowd gasps, but stays quiet, I don't bother looking at them, I don't need to. Because I know that where I'm standing, with this guy, is who I wanna stay with for the rest of my life.
"I love you too Hayden," I say softly, glancing up at him shyly. Hayden grins as he leans down and kisses me, a soft passionate kiss. The crowd claps and whistles, Coldplay are smiling at the two of us.
"I knew you two were together," cries an excited voice, I look down at the crowd and spot the man from the stall earlier, he winks at me. Hayden takes my hand in his, as we walk off the stage smiling. I was so happy, I couldn't contain my excitement. I was over the moon in love with Hayden, I just hope we stayed together this time.
"I hear this place sells the best candy floss in the country, what do you say?" Hayden asks smiling across at me, I grin.
"A red for the lady and a blue for me," Hayden says passing the red over to me. I rip a chunk off and put it in my mouth, oh it was so good. Hayden does the same with his blue, I still had mine melting in my mouth. I frown as I see Hayden's eyes twinkle, what was he up to? I watch as he leans down, and kisses me, first teasing me, wanting me to open my mouth. I smile as I open my mouth slightly, he kissed me hard and then moved back grinning at me. I blink, wow that was something right there. I run my tongue over my lips, and that's when I realise something's missing. My eyes widen as I stare at Hayden's mouth, he opens to show me my missing piece of red candy floss.
"Hunter!" I scream at him, laughing. Hayden's eyes twinkle as he winks at me, kissing me lightly on the tip of my nose before throwing his arm around my shoulder.
"Shall we continue my fair lady?" he asks pointing down the street at the rest of the festival. I giggle as I kiss his cheek.
"We shall."
* * *
Wow I can't believe it, we're already at chapter twelve. Gosh, that went so quick or is it just me thinking that oh well hehe :P what did you guys like about this chapter, was it the festival, the kisses, the candy floss or everything. Let me know in the comments below and while you're at it, maybe you could give it a vote and a friendly follow =) thanks so much for taking time from your busy schedules to read this, it really means a lot to me and I hope you're enjoying the story, cheers guys :D
~ True love never dies, it just gets more stronger over time ~
Amy xxx