Chapter Sixteen

It was the last day of mini holidays, tomorrow Dani and I would be back off to college. I was going to miss my family and mates but it would be good to get back out on the field.
"Hayden, are you awake?" asks a quiet voice on the other side of my door. I guess I was fully awake now, I roll over and get up, making my way to my door. As I open it, I glance at the clock to see it's just hit six in the morning. I open the door to find a very wide awake Felix, a notepad in one hand and pencils in the other. I frown as I run my hands through my messy hair, I raise an eyebrow at him. And he was fully dress, this early in the morning.
"What are..." I trail off as Felix pushes his way pass me, jumping onto my bed and opening a page of the notebook. I sigh as I close the door, oh well guess it was brother bonding time at six in the morning. Just to make things clear here, I wasn't much of a morning person if you couldn't already tell. I had to have a full cup of iced coffee or iced chocolate or I wouldn't be ready for early training mornings. "Make yourself comfy bud," I say as I watch him move so that he was sitting right at the top of the bed. I stretch lazily and then sit down beside him, I look down at his notes.
"Pranking?" I ask as I see some pretty colorful blueprints for a prank.
"Well yeah, you promised when you came back we can both prank Destiny like old times," Felix says quietly looking up at me. "I miss not having you around," he admits giving me a sad smile.
"Oh buddy, don't worry I miss you heaps too but I'll visit again soon," I say giving him a hug.
"Do you promise?" he asks, his eyes big looking up at me.
"Of course I promise, now what's the plan?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Captain Hayden, do you copy?" I hear Felix's voice in the walkie-talkie.
"Copy loud and clear buddy," I say back grinning. Oh how I missed this.
"The targets on the move. I repeat the target is on the move," Felix says in a serious voice. Now it's my turn, I rush across the hall and look to see if anyone's watching. Of course, no one is. I turn the handle and close the door behind me softly. Woah I was not expecting a messy room, Destiny's room was usually neat but not this morning. I raise my eyebrow at the mattress on the ground beside the bed and it's then that I remember Annabelle had stayed over.
"Target is with her friend downstairs," Felix reports to me. "Oh no target and friend is on the move. Like hurry up Hayden, they're coming back." I quickly rush into my sisters bathroom and grab her pale pink shampoo. I grab the little bottle from my pocket and tipped out the pink shampoo and poured in the other contents. I start to hear voices whispering, coming up the stairs. Oh no. I quickly put the pink shampoo bottle back in it's place, I put the other bottle in my pocket and I look around for a hiding spot.
"You know I would've came down with you Annabelle," I hear Destiny say. I can also hear a doorknob turning in it's place.
"I know but I didn't want to wake you just cause I needed a drink Destiny," is Annabelle's reply. I quickly spy the wardrobe and run over to it, throwing myself inside and closing the door softly and just in time to.
"Well I'm going to go and take a shower," Destiny says as the door opens and in walks her and Annabelle right behind her.
"Alright then, I'm going to change as well," she says turning to go over to her bag. I continue to watch as Destiny grabs some clothes and locks herself in the bathroom. Now I just had to deal with getting past Annabelle without her noticing. I wait a few minutes, I can hear Destiny starting the water. Annabelle still had her head buried in her bag, searching for something. Nows my chance, I quietly open the door a tiny bit. Annabelle doesn't notice, I open it wider and wider. I'm going to be home free baby yeah.
"Hayden come in, is everything alright?" my eyes widen as I hear Felix's voice and so had Annabelle. Her head pops up and looks around the room, a little confused. But then she zones her eyes onto the wardrobe, oh why did I pick the place people will look first. Annabelle takes a step towards me, I hold my breathe, don't come closer please. But she continues to come closer and closer until she's close enough to fling the wardrobe door open herself. I watch panicked as she raises her arm and reaches forwards to grab the door. I was going to be busted, this is the end of my pranking career peoples.
"Ahhh!" cries a high pitched scream from the bathroom. Annabelle jumps and quickly leaves me and the wardrobe, instead rushing into the bathroom asking what's wrong. With both of them now fully destructed, I quickly get out of the wardrobe and run out the door not looking back. That was to close that time but still fun.
"Hi-5," Felix cries as I meet him downstairs in the kitchen. I laugh as I give him his hi-5, he laughs as he sits down at the table. I could hear my parents upstairs trying to calm down my sister.
"Mission accomplished?" asks Felix as he listens to our sisters cries of frustration.
"Mission accomplished," I say grinning, Felix smiles.
"Hayden. Felix. Both of you up here right this minute you two," cries our father.
"Ops busted," cries two voices by the sliding door. Hunter, Dani and they were laughing.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"So care to tell me what you exactly did up there?" asks Hunter sitting down at the table. So Felix and I was grounded for two whole weeks but I guess they forgot that I was back at college tomorrow so they couldn't exactly ground me.
"We may have swapped her shampoo for some nice runny honey," Felix answers and then shoves a mouthful of food in his mouth. Hunter chokes on his breakfast, and starts laughing, he couldn't help it.
"You did that to her?" he asks once he's settled down a bit.
"Yep," I say popping the p with a grin.
"I smell like honey," whines Destiny as she walks into the kitchen. Then her eyes fall on Hunter, her eyes widen slightly. Hunter gets up and wraps his arms around her and kisses her.
"Hmm you do smell like honey princess, sweet honey," he says softly.
"Off you two, go somewhere else," Felix says annoyed. "I'm trying to finish my breakfast," he adds pointing down to his bowl. Sometimes I swear he's a lot older than ten, nearly eleven.
"Fine we'll be in the lounge room then," says Destiny sticking her tongue out at us. Once they had left the room, I couldn't contain my laughter, Destiny and her blue beanie.
"Hayden?" questions Felix suddenly, I glance over at him.
"Yeah dude?" I ask, as I finish up cleaning the benches.
"I want to keep pranking Destiny," he says grinning at me. I raise an eyebrow.
"But you're already grounded for two weeks buddy," I remind him. "If you keep pranking then it'll be for a very long time." Felix blinks at me then looks down at his now finished bowl.
"But I miss you and me teaming and pranking Destiny. Since you're gone all the time and Destiny's busy with Hunter, I just miss the time we all spent together," he says quietly. I walk over to him and hug him tightly, he wraps his arms around me.
"I know what we can do today buddy, go and grab our sister and meet me outside at the car," I tell him letting him go. Felix smiles as he nods his head, running through the kitchen and into the lounge.
"He really misses you and Destiny doesn't he?" I feel someone cuddle into my side. I smile as I hold her, kissing her forehead.
"Yeah he does. I never thought that he was well lonely, he has dad, mum, and cousins oh and Hazel." Dani raises her eyebrow at me, a small smile on her face.
"But they're not you babe and Destiny's busy with Hunter most of the time, he misses the sibling love," she says softly.
"Yeah, I have a plan for the day," I tell her my plan of action for the day and what it included.
"It sounds like the best sibling day ever," she exclaims smiling as she kisses my cheek. "You're the best older brother ever to them," she says happily, I smile.
"But do you mind me spending time with them and not you?" I ask her.
"Of course I don't mind, they're family and they need to be with you just as much as you need to be with them again. You've both all missed each other and don't worry about me. I think I'll go and see my family today anyway, so have fun," she says giving me one last kiss before pushing me towards the door. I laugh.
"I love you too firefly," I call out behind me as I go and wait for my younger siblings.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Ok so here's the deal guys," I say as I hold out one of my caps in front of me. "I've written lots of activities that we can do today to make it the best day ever. At each activity, we'll have around half an hour to an hour, depending on the activity. So without further a due... Felix come on up and put your hand in the cap." Felix jumps up smiling and happy, as he puts his hand into the cap and moves it around. Finally he picks one of the piece of paper slips and reads it aloud.
"Flying fox?" he reads a little confused. I smile as Destiny's looks across at me and grins. "What's a flying fox?"
"It's like this really big swing thing, you get seated in and then you fly across something and the ropes usually pretty long or longish," explains Destiny as I begin driving us to the destination.
"Oh my flying foxes," screams Felix as he sees the people get on and get pushed across the forest top of trees. Destiny and I laugh at our brothers choice of words.
"Is that a good thing or did you want to skip out on it?" I ask him as Destiny's about to go and pay for the tickets.
"No I want to go on it, it look so cool," he says excitedly, his eyes wide as he smiles at the flying fox. I grin as I put three fingers up for Destiny who nods her head and pays.
"So is this a three group or are you's separate?" the guy asks as he lets the last dude go off swinging.
"Three, we're all siblings," I say as the guy smiles.
"Well that's great, hey man you excited?" he asks Felix who excitedly nods his head.
"So who's going first?" he then asks us, I look at Felix then Destiny.
"Can Destiny go first? a girl should go before us boys," asks Felix kindly, that's one gentlemen there ladies. I think his names Tim the guy who's helping us, he smiles at Felix and nods his head.
"You heard the kid, Destiny you're up," Tim says as he gets the next swing ready for her.
"Are you scared Destiny?" asks Felix as we wait for the all clear.
"Nope, it's so much fun, it's like you're flying," she says as Tim finally says it's ok to swing. Destiny smiles and waves at us, then she's off, laughing as she raises her arms in the air as she goes.
"My turn now, please," says Gelix after he's watched Destiny get off down the end.
"Sure dude, come along and we'll get you strapped in," Tim says as he helps my brother in and tighten the straps.
"Yay!" Felix cries as he's launched forewords, he's enjoying himself, you could hear it.
"You ready mate?" asks Tim as he gets the swing ready again.
"Oh yeah," I say putting my phone away after taking pictures of my siblings.
"Hang on," he says as he pushes me off the ramp.
"Oh-my-gosh-this-is-awesome," I scream at the top of my lungs as I fly over the tree tops.
"I wanna do that again and again," cries Felix as I get off at the other end.
"But what about all the other good stuff?" Destiny asks him.
"Oh well I wanna do all the other good stuff as well," he says happily as I reach for my cap again and hand it over to Destiny.
"Paint pool mayhem?" she reads confused. Oh this was going to be fun.
"That's why you brought the spare clothes, right?" she asks me, I nod my head.
"What's paint pool?"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"And welcome to paint pool mayhem guys," I say throwing my hands out in front of me. In front of us was a large ordinary looking pool, clear water and floating objects.
"I don't get it?" says a confused Felix standing beside me.
"Hayden?" I laugh at both of their faces. I hear a whistle being blown, and now it's time to swim. I pick up Destiny, who's surprised and starts squealing when I throw her into the water.
"What the hell Hayden?" she screams at me. There's no time to explain, I just tell her to swim to that blue floating chair/couch in the corner. I then turn and run over to Felix.
"You ready buddy?" I ask him as I kneel down so that he could get onto my shoulders.
"Oh yeah, let the games begin," he says excitedly as I jump into the water. It's cold first but then it's good, nice and refreshing. Felix climbs back onto my back as I swim towards Destiny, I glance up to look for the guards and the paint but so far the coast is clear.
"So how do we play this?" Destiny asks once she's finished hitting me for throwing her in earlier. Felix is off my back now and was bobbing in front of us, listening.
"Ok so the rules pretty simple. We're a team and we have to collect a golden key except that we have things making it difficult to find and get the key. For example you have these guards that come around with paint that they can throw on you in which you'll end up out if red paint is on you. Also they like to add things in just whatever you do, stay away from red paint and find the key," I explain.
"Watch out," screams Felix, I look behind us to spy one of the guards with paint, aimed to throw at us. I can see the red paint clearly. I quickly tell them to go under in which they do. I see the red paint touch the water around us, we had to move now. Still underwater, I point to our left, in which they swim. Felix was the first to lift his head back up to get breathe, then Destiny followed and me. We were a few meters away from the now spreading red paint.
"What the..." says Felix suddenly I turn around to see that he had green paint on his back.
"It's ok, it's green paint not red," I tell him, he nods his head but glares at one of the guards.
"Hey what's that under that rock or whatever it is, see something's poking out," says Destiny as she points to something under us. I couldn't tell what it was but it was gold.
"The key," cries Felix, and then trouble happens. Every guard in the room zoned in on the three of us, and they had red paint aimed at us.
"Swim!" I cry loudly, we all duck under the water again and swim. I decide to head deeper under, then I hear a 'Out'. I glance up to see red in Felix's hair, oh no.
"And out," I glance towards Destiny to see that she also had red paint but this time of her shorts. I guess it was up to me now. I take a deep breathe and dive back under, and swim towards the rock and key. I look up to see that the red paint was getting closer to me, it was like it was trying to cover me. I kick my feet harder, and finally I reach the key. With a jerk of the chain, the keys in my hand but the red paint was surrounding me. I look up, I was running out of breathe. Oh there was a circle of clear water right on top of me, but could I make it before it's covered with the red.
"Out," I hear again. I needed to do this, I kick my legs hard and used my arms to push myself upwards quicker. The hole was getting smaller and smaller as each kick I took. I wouldn't make it, I couldn't make that tiny whole. Finally I kick one last time and my head shots through the water, my lungs feel up with fresh air again. I lift my arm up and show everyone the gold key.
"He has it, and the red paint isn't touching him," cries someone on the edge of the pool.
"He's in a circle of clear water," says another person.
"And it looks like we have a miracle winner," shouts someone else probably the judge. I swim my way back over to the wall and push myself up. I get swarmed by people, although two rush up and throw their arms around me.
"I knew you could do it bro," Felix says smiling up at me.
"Well done brother, well done," Destiny says also smiling at me.
"What's next?" asks Felix jumping up and down excitedly. Destiny looks at me, and I think it's about time for food and a nice relaxing activity.
"A nice lunch and then how about a movie?" I ask him in which I receive a very happy nod and big smile.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"So how was your day together guys?" asks dad as we sit down for dinner that night.
"It was amazing dad, we had so much fun," Felix says as he quickly takes a bite of his food. "Hayden took us on the flying fox which was pretty cool and went really fast. After we went paint pool mayhem which was fun but the guards were mean and shot me in the head. But after that we went and got something to eat, then we went and saw a movie which was really good."
"Honey how about you take a breathe," mum suggests laughing at how happy Felix was. Felix stops talking and takes a breathe, one quick breathe and then continues again.
"We also did bowling, skating, mini-games at the arcade, and we went motorbike riding and after dinner we're going to play call of duty aren't we?" Felix says glancing at me and Destiny. I nod my head smiling and Destiny does the same.
"Wow you guys sounded busy today, but it sounds like you guys had great fun," mum says smiling happily at the three of us.
"And definitely you buddy," dad adds pointing to Felix who grins.
"Well I'm done, hurry up you two," Felix says getting out of his chair and glancing at me and Destiny. I glance at his empty plate, what where did his food go, he had been talking his mouth off and yet he was done. I think everyone's thinking the same thing because we all stare at Felix.
"What?" he asks innocently, a grin plastered on his face. We all shake our head in amazement.
"Oh Felix," mum says shaking her head laughing.
* * *
Hello hello again everyone =)
It's finally holidays, schools out for the year. Yay!!! hehe :P which means I'll be updating more regularly or as much as I can, I'll also still be taking book cover requests as well. Hmm so what do you guys think of the sibling love chapter? and again I'll like to ask who's POV you'd like to hear a little later in the story? Sam? Drake? Damian? or anyone else that's been mentioned in the story. So please comment your answer, comment please, id really like to hear what you guys think. Also don't forget to vote, follow and hmm I think I've said everything I needed to :/ hehe :P
~ Brothers and sisters, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life 🙈🙉🙊 ~
Amy xxx