Chapter 14: Isabella's P.O.V

I slowly walked over to my bed. I sat down and placed the sketch book in front of me. Mum got me this book for my 12th birthday. I drew in it all the time. I took it everywhere with me.

And then, I broke my wrist after I fell off a swing. I couldn't draw or write for months.

But when I could finally use my wrist again, it was like I had lost all ability to hold a pen. Or a pencil. Or anything. It took months of therapy for my hand to be able to hold a pen again.

But then I was scared. To start drawing. So I haven't.

The drawings in my sketch book are all different. Some random pictures, some of my family, some of my friends, some random doodles. But each picture had a meaning behind it, they all meant something to me. But just me. No one else would understand.

But that was okay. Because it my sketchbook. It was my one secret.

And I liked that.

I took a deep breath and opened the cover. I slowly turned the pages, smiling at my drawings, and the memories behind them. I used the book almost like a diary. But with pictures. It was funny, how bad some of them were.

Then I reached a clean page.

I ran my fingers over the page, feeling it. A small tear dropped from the corner of my eye and onto the page.

I looked at my desk. There was a single pencil in my pot of pens. I stood up and got the pencil. I slowly sat down and put the pencil to the page.

I held it there. My mind was blank. My hand wouldn't move. I couldn't do it. What if I couldn't draw? What if the pencil just wouldn't-?

My hand jogged and the pencil drew a sharp, jagged line across the page before falling helplessly out of my hand. I snapped the pencil in half in a rage and slammed the book shut. I chucked it back into the wardrobe and collapsed onto my bed.

I screamed into my pillow and cried. I punched it over and over again.

———
5:00pm
"Isabella! Dinner is ready!" Dad called up the stairs.

I ignored him. I wasn't really hungry. And I didn't want to face any of them.

"Isabelle? You coming?" Joe poked his head round the door.

I sat up and wiped my eyes. "No, I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat." He came over to me. "I'll carry you down." Joe smirked, knowing he could make me smile

"Fine." I smiled at him and followed him out.

I sat down in my seat, keeping my head down. Everyone was already sat down, their eyes on me. Dad sat at the head of the table, Mason on his right with me on next to him. Leo sat on Dad's left with Joe next to him. And Felix sat opposite Dad, next to me.

They all tucked into the food. I sat there, fiddling my thumbs.
"Izzy, you need to eat something." Leo said. "If you want, you can have the cupcake that's in the fridge." He grinned at me.

"You asshole." I muttered as I got up and left into the kitchen.

I put on the oven gloves and opened the fridge. I saw that beastly cupcake sitting there. It made me mad. I picked it up and brought it into the dining room.

I went round to Leo's side of the table. I squished the cupcake into his face and spread it around.

"Isabella!" Dad yelled at me.

"Like that, Leonardo?" I asked as I took off the gloves and stormed upstairs, ignoring Dad and Felix yelling after me.

9:00pm.
I had been in my room ever since the cupcake incident.

I was mad with myself.

And I really wanted to punch something.

But I couldn't sneak out. I would probably be grounded for the rest of my life.

"Isabella."

I looked up. Felix.

"Fuck off Felix."

He walked into my bedroom, shutting the door behind him. "Don't talk to me like that."

"So you're allowed to talk to me like that, but I can't?" I rolled my eyes and got up. "I'm having a bath. You better be gone when I get out."

I stood up and stepped into my bathroom. I locked the door behind me and slowly slid down to the floor. I listened until I heard quiet footsteps and the door shutting.

And then I let my tears flow. Again. I couldn't face him right now. He was being so unfair. And Dad just let him. And Mason. And Leo.

I just wanted to be like my family. I want to feel like they do. I want to feel like I used to. I want to be where I belong. Where I think I should belong.

It was only a small fight! No one died. They get in fights everyday! It's not in controlled conditions blah blah blah. Whatever. It's not fair.

It's not safe at the moment. Sure. Some letter from a few kids and you act like it's the biggest problem in the whole world. It just pisses me off.

*Ding!* I looked at my phone.

Lexi🛍: Hey babes, is everything okay?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine, just in quite a bit of trouble.

Lexi🛍: Jason said you weren't fine.

Me: Okay fine, maybe I'm kinda angry and upset.

Lexi🛍: You grounded?

Me: Probably. I kinda swore at Felix and threw a cupcake at Leo's face at dinner.

Lexi🛍: I swear you get in trouble on purpose. Jason also said that you weren't coming to the warehouse. Did you go in the end?

Me: I swear you talk to Jason more than I do! And no, Felix basically banned me.

Lexi🛍: He has to keep me updated on 'Isabella's Life' cause you never call me. Shit that's bad, sorry.

Me: Very funny. And don't worry, I'll live.

Lexi🛍: You better! I've got to go, I'll see you Monday?

Me: Yeah, Monday. X

Lexi🛍: X

I put my phone down and sighed.

My life was a mess. No lie about that.

I got into the bath and curled up. I shut my eyes and let sleep take over.

~~~

Hi! It's my birthday today!

What's going to happen next?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K