Chapter 3

About to be freshly dressed like a million gold coins...or whatever that saying of the mortal realm is, either way Dong Hua was feeling the best he had felt in 100 yrs. Smelling of fresh sandalwood with a slight undertone of a masculine earth, he breathed in deep as to expand his muscular chest. He examined himself in the mirror, something he has not done in hundreds of years. As he studied his face- delicately defined features with 2 day old scruff on his unshaven face. He didn't want to look unkempt; but he didn't have the desire to shave. After deciding to risk seeing Feng Jiu at the Fairy Festival, he thought he would keep it, change his looks up a bit. He couldn't wait to see the look in her eyes when she caught a glimpse of him. Even though the scruff on his face did not match his hair- the hair on his face matched his dark brows...it still looked good on him. He was the depiction of youth. He snickered to himself and shook his head. Even though he looked young enough to match a beauty such as Feng Jiu, at times he felt the years catching up to him, seeping into his bones.

He then studied his chest. It was slightly broad with strongly defined pectorals. He eyed his clearly defined abdominal muscles and muscular, but slim waistline. He was not a man full of body hair, but he did have a little fuzzy dark trail that led to his manly treasures. As he stood naked he then leered down to his placid phallus and sack. It was large- long and thick, even in its deflated state. It was smooth and the skin was soft. As he cupped his sack he thought of how taut they were, still close to his body and not all droopy and wrinkly. It had been a long time since he touched his manhood for reasons other than bathing. His thoughts drifted once again to Jiu'er...oh how he missed her hugs and the feel of her body against him with her maiden shyness and blushes, her smile. He then continued his self-appraisal of the rest of his body. He was not an arrogant man...he stopped mid thought to scoff at himself. He was an arrogant man; he knew he was desirable and that many women and even men wanted to bed him. Many were befuddled on why he chose the celibate path. He had his fun in his youthful days, but since he had his name removed from the Rock of Three Incarnations, the desires for carnal pleasures did not appeal to him. That is...until he met Bai Feng Jiu.

He was not one to meddle in others' affairs or intervene in others' troubles. He is not sure why he saved Xiao Bai from the Tiger Demon that day; he doesn't even remember why he was there in the first place, there were other routes to take to the river or he could have cloud jumped. Nevertheless, he was there and he did save her. He would never tell it to another soul, but upon honest reflection, he has been in love with her from day one. How she clung to his body, looking up to him with her doe eyes, her innocent face in awe of him...her phoenix mark calling his name. How she had the audacity to think he looked like nothing of what he did, she had her own image of him, probably not a good one. Prior to meeting him, she must have thought him to be a wrinkly old timer. He smirked to himself at the thought.

He loved her; he could openly admit that to himself now- he had gained acceptance, but every day he was not near her, his heart ached- he suffered in silence.

There were many times over these past 100 years where he wanted to appear in her room to cuddle with her in her sleep. He missed her cuddles especially in her fox form. Everyone praised Bai Qian as the magnificent white 9 tailed fox- and she was, but many dismiss the fiery brilliance and glorious coat of Feng Jiu's animal form. She was beautiful. Her fox form was a sight to behold- just like her human form. Many a nights he was tempted to invade her chamber under an invisibility cloak and throw up an undetectable barrier, but in the end he decided not to. He then began to question himself and what purpose, other than to torture his own self, would it serve to see her and feel her heat. At times he would be angry with himself for not being able to control his emotions, at times his mind would run rampart like a pubescent boy! He cannot be with her, he refuses to - once again to put her in harms way. He is convinced her misfortunes and injuries while at the Celestial Palace was of his doing- the heavens knew his heart and were sending warnings. So ultimately he compromised with himself and settled on checking in on her from time to time during the moments he knew she would be sleeping.