Chapter 14

A/N: Mature sexual content

*****************************************************************************************

"WHERE...IS...SHE!" Zhao Wang's blood dragon form was threatening to erupt as he screamed at his guards. He was in search of his missing little fox and was rampaging through the damp, bloody, moldy basement halls. After satisfying himself with the mortal woman, which took a lot longer than he anticipated – three days, once he started he could not stop... he then made his way to the basement dungeon to finally meet Feng Jiu, however she was nowhere to be found. His anger was instant and without control he morphed into his beast form. Snarling and snapping in an uncontrolled rage, his guards were flung and tossed all over the basement.

The guards had reported no activity and thought her to be sleeping, so they did not feel it necessary to do a visual check in.

"My Lord, she was just here, perhaps she used her magic to teleport out of this cell?" the young guard was visibly afraid he knew he would have to pay for this mistake...perhaps with his life.

"Her magic was blocked, there was no way for her to teleport herself out of the cell", he roared into their minds in frustration at the incompetence of the young guard. Without warning and in anger his blood dragon snarled his teeth and ripped the body of the young guard in two. Leaving a mess of blood and entrails in his wake, Zhao Wang did not feel one shred of remorse.

"Clean up this mess and let this be a warning to the rest of you fools... FIND HER! Any means necessary!"

Zhao Wang was back in his human form as he searched the small cell for clues. It was easy to see the disturbed earth piled in the corner of the cell, he is not sure how his guards missed this before. The hole was definitely too tiny for a human so he deduced she had escaped by clawing her way out in her fox form.

"Beautiful and clever" he thought to himself. He couldn't even be mad at her for this. He had incorrectly assumed the protective barrier that blocked the energy of anyone outside of their clan to include others from being able to transform in to their beast forms. He had not counted on his new queen to turn into a fox and dig her way to freedom. He has no idea how long she has been gone, but from what he can guess it has been at least a day.

"Send in the dogs to sniff her scent! Then go to the forest as far as where the village ends. Not one hair on her head is to be out of place!" He has infused the mortal realm dogs with magic to heighten their senses including their smell and how fast they could run. They should be able to catch up to her in no time. "By any means...bring her back to me!"

"My Lord, I hate to report, but in reality Feng Jiu's escape has rewarded her with a three day head start" Xi Wu was stone faced as he stated his findings with his master.

"..." Zhao Wang was confused...does this mean she escaped on her first day of captivity? "Explain yourself, how can she have escaped the first day and no one have noticed it"

"Well unless her guard had a plan to starve the fox to death...she had been left with no food or drink. Perhaps she clawed her way out due to hunger and thirst? Either way we will never know...the guard has paid for his gross insolence with his life"

"However my Lord" Xi Wu continued "Not only does the fox queen have a head start, those on the lookout for her surely have a head start as well. Do you really think the coveted beauty would not have any one searching for her...Dong Hua searching for her?"

Zhao Wang wishes he could bring his mutilated guard back to life so that he could murder him again. The incompetence was astounding. They have worked too hard to bring his plans to life all to see them crumble in the end. He needed to implement a plan C.