Chapter 16

The immortal realms were in a state of shock. Word had spread too fast.

A different story every day. Somehow each version getting further and further from the truth...the rumors could not be contained.

The realms former emperor of heaven and earth – the most untouchable man who had never taken a wife or had a harem. The most enlightened, most powerful, most handsome man who kept away from worldly affairs, who had never really had respect for others, would rarely attend functions.... the famed deity who was better suited for picture hanging, the god made of stone...was slain in battle... distracted by devastation.

Some even say this was his way of ending his own life because he could not bear to go on without her.

One could hear the people say...

"Her?" people would ask...

"Haven't you heard? The realms youngest queen- queen Bai Feng Jiu of Qing Qiu- the world's only red nine tailed fox"

"She is said to be the third most beautiful woman in all the realms....but to Dong Hua, she was the first"

"The beautiful silly girl who always left a trail of giggles and followed Dong Hua around like a little lost pup"

"The beautiful silly girl who pretended to be a maid in order to get close to him"

"Didn't you hear? This was the beautiful silly girl who he himself had fed three bowls of sobering soup."

"A nine tailed fox you say? Wasn't she his pet?"

"It must be fate"

"What a sad fate indeed"

She was the one who had captured the old god's impossible heart.

The beautiful young queen had somehow struck down the stone walls of his hardened heart and held it in her hands...but only fate could be so cruel.

Perhaps jealous that its longest living deity had found another to occupy his time and his heart... he no longer belonged to the realms. He belonged to her.

For as soon as the retiree found love and happiness...for that love and happiness to be so violently snatched away from him... for her to be snatched away from him, murdered by the hands of evil intent....by fate.

"I heard she died in his arms"

"I heard he died in her arms"

"She was such a beautiful, kind soul. She lost her life before it could ever really begin"

"There will never be another like Dong Hua Dijun, the realms will not know how to proceed without him"

"You fools! Stop your gossip. How dare you show disrepute to Dong Hua Dijun and Bai Feng Jiu!"

Si Ming was tired of all the chatter....didn't these dumb suckers know that if Dong Hua had really met his final calamity the realms would be in total chaos! On top of that, there would be months of mourning, nonstop tolling of the Kunlun Mt bells, Tai Chen Palace would succumb to an eternal winter, the Holy Blue Sea would rage with fury...the list goes on and on of the unfortunate events that would befall them all.

But alas, he will let them think what they will as his majesty was in seclusion, still unaroused from a deep coma to heal his wounds. Si Ming was not allowed to speak a word, but there would be provisions for his soul, while his body and mind restored itself.

___________________

The inhabitants of Qing Qiu,had gathered in the streets grieving the death of their young queen. Raining down tears as a mix of celestial soldiers and Mo Yuan's disciples marched in silence while carrying Feng Jiu's clear view salt and quartz crystal coffin.