Chapter 4

A/N: Mature sexual content
**************************

Dong Hua materialized in the mortal realm with Feng Jiu in his arms. He had taken her back to the shabby hut... the shelter where she had taken an arrow protecting him from assassins all those years ago. Feng Jiu would have no way of knowing, and perhaps one day he would share with her, but as much as Dong Hua hated the thought of perusing the mortal realm, he would come to their shabby hut often.

Every day he has thought about his parting words to her that day in the hut - the last time they were there together, meeting up by the coincidences of love. "Flowers bloom, then wither. All things will come to an end...Holding on to it will only bring you and others pain"... he was such a fool; he has never been good at taking his own advice. However his words were true- holding on to his love has only brought him pain...emotional pain so strong the anguish has at times clenched his heart so tight, he thought it would shatter. At times he curses himself for going through the trial in the first place. At the same time, he knew with or without their shared mortal trial, he would still have these feelings for her, the trial did nothing but add fuel to the raging fire in his heart and soul. He now understands that for anyone to say let go of love... must have never really loved.

He was pulled from his thoughts, as Feng Jiu pushed against his tight hold.

"Where...where are we?" Feng Jiu asked dazedly as she looked around. Once more alert, her eyes drifted to the beautiful, yet homey and comfortable surroundings...wondering where Dong Hua had taken her. "Where are we?"...she asked again in puzzlement.

"Where do you think we are?"

She wanted to roll her eyes, this man could never straight up answer a question, he was always doing the most..."If I knew where we were, would I ask?"...she asked as she quirked her right eyebrow at him.

He wanted to laugh at the look on her face, but he knew the moment did not call for his laughter. She was serious. He had a lot of making up to do in order to atone for how he has treated her and spoken to her in the past. Laughing at her would not be helpful to him; he has learned his little fox has grown to have quite a temper.

After a few moments of gazing into her soulful brown eyes, he broke eye contact, took a few steps back away from her, and fanned out his arms in order to showcase the surrounding area. "Feng Jiu I am saddened to know you have forgotten our special place"

"..." Feng Jiu had no idea what he was talking about.

"We are standing in the middle of our shabby hut...I wanted to cherish this place for eternity. During our separation I spent time here refurbishing. Years of neglect and growth within the realm, it was barely standing. I didn't have it in me to let it go. I then set it under a protective barrier with an external illusion spell... to keep it as my special place forever. I thought I would never see you again or that you would ever be here with me", he said with his head low, he sighed...turning his back to her. "I wanted to memorialize it", he said in a defeated tone.

"It's beautiful"...she whispered. She then closed the short gap between them and held him from behind.

He closed his eyes in order to take pleasure in the feel of her body against his back. He reached up to take hold of her hands as they wrapped around him. He flattened out her left hand and placed in on his heart with his hand on top of hers. After a few moments he turned around in her arms and she wrapped herself around his waist and buried her head in his chest.

He gently shifted her and lifted her chin so her eyes could meet his. In a voice laced with longing, he hoarsely whispered to her..."I will give you a tour later, but now we have unfinished business Xiao Bai"