6.

Hermione and Sophia chatted all the way down to the Quidditch pitch. The sun was now beginning to set behind the trees that were in the Forbidden Forest, creating a glow of orange over the school grounds. Unfortunately, Dementors could be seen in the sky all around the school, making the evening that tiny bit darker. Sophia took the time to admire the huge stadium that was said to be the Quidditch pitch, as well as the Black Lake that stretched out to where she could no longer see it. She had been told of the Giant Squid that resided there, as well as other unknown creatures that have been rumoured for generations.

The girls entered the stadium and made their way towards the benches that circled the green pitch, before settling themselves near the middle of the stands. A few other Gryffindors were scattered around, working on already assigned homework and chatting amongst themselves.

"So your Boggart was a Werewolf?" Hermione stated in a new conversation, peaking Sophia's interest. She was amazed that Hermione was able to identify the difference between a normal wolf and a werewolf but brushed it off as she always did seem very bright with her constant participation in classes.

"Yeah, I've always found them particularly terrifying," Sophia answered with a slight grimace, remembering the previous talk with her father. She could sense Hermione's curiosity already, so decided to continue further. "It's to do with my mum. She died during the last days of You Know Who."

"Oh I'm so sorry, that must be awful for both you and Professor Lupin," Hermione sympathised with a small smile, hoping to soothe her new friend.

Luckily, the Gryffindor team had walked out on to the pitch with brooms in hand, meaning that Hermione's attention turned towards the pitch. Sophia was relieved by this, as the subject was beginning to get hard to continue not being truthful about. But never mind that now, Sophia's attention was suddenly drawn to a particular redhead who had mounted his broom and zoomed off into the air with a bat in his hand.

The team captain Oliver Wood had the team practice a friendly game, in order to get the team ready for their nearing match with Hufflepuff. Sophia watched as Fred and George both played in their Beater positions on opposite teams, hitting the vicious bludgers away from their teammates. She watched as they rode swiftly and skillfully, amazing the girl at their skill and strength. Sophia found herself watching Fred in particular as he began to laugh with George about nearly hitting a bludger right into his face.

Fred had just hit a bludger towards Katie Bell as she rushed towards the goal posts, only to have his eyes instinctively drawn towards the stands. He spotted Sophia sitting with Hermione, her beautiful clear grey eyes watching the game carefully with a new interest in the sport. Fred found a smile forming on his face when she would applaud lightly and laugh with Hermione when a goal was made, feeling his own heart warm at the sight of her pretty face looking so happy.

A bludger suddenly charged past his shoulder, unsteadying him in the slightest and making him snap out of the small trance he was in. He blinked several times at the shock before regaining himself and looking around for the same bludger when he met eyes with George from across the pitch.

"Look sharp Freddie, this is no time to be planning your wedding!" he laughed before hitting a bludger his way. Fred scolded his twin before aggressively hitting it back towards George, his bat tightly in his fist.

It was only when George suddenly moved out of the way of the bludger, that Fred's heart stopped completely. The bludger was now heading straight towards the stands, soaring in a direct line towards an oblivious Sophia. Fred felt his blood pounding in his ears when he made the fast attempt to soar across the pitch, right in the middle of the game that was continuing. Fred knew that he would never be able to rear back his arm quick enough to hit away the bludger as it was now seconds away from Sophia's face, that had now noticed the ball flying towards her.