89.

That night, Fred decided to stay at the flat. He did say that his family would be a little worried and suspicious that he hadn't come back after his check-up, but he had never said that he was checking the shop for any sign of Sophia. They were under the impression that he was checking that it hadn't been trashed or broken into. It would be risky telling them that Sophia was staying at the flat, so he decided to keep it under the radar for now.

Sophia lay awake in bed while Fred snoozed obliviously behind her. She guessed that he hadn't been sleeping too well since she had left on the day of the wedding, so it was nice to see him in the relaxed state. His face was nuzzled deep into her hair while his arms were tightly wrapped around her middle, the two facing the window that had its curtains securely shut. Sophia stared at these curtains and the moonlight that was attempting to shine through, and was deep in thought.

Ever since Fred said that she was here now and safe, she had been thinking over it excessively. They both knew that she wasn't at all safe. It was only a matter of time before the Ministry come searching in all possible places that she could be hiding in. They knew that she had a connection to the Weasley family and they'd surely know that the shop in Diagon Alley belonged to the Weasleys'. Once they get desperate enough, they'll come here and turn the place on its side in order to find a trace of her. She couldn't stay here for too long. The enchantments around the flat won't keep them out anymore.

But seeing Fred so happy to have her here was painful. He must know that she can't stay in one place for too long. She feared that he was pulling a blind over that fact in order to spend as much time with her as he could. For the whole Weasley clan, it was safer for them to stay at The Burrow away from Sophia. Harry must have had the same idea. He was tired of having people around him being affected by his problems. But Hermione and Ron would follow him to the edge of the Earth. It was their choice to follow him on this supposed mission. And Sophia didn't want to put the Weasley family in anymore danger.

When the morning did roll around, Sophia braced herself to explain to Fred of her concerns that kept her up all night. It made it even harder when Fred placed a big kiss on Sophia's and rolled out of bed to make some tea for the two of them, dressing himself quickly before rushing to the kitchen with a small spring in his step. She dressed herself as well before watching him move about the kitchen with a carefree attitude while standing on the other side of the kitchen counter, running over what she needed to say in her head. Taking the mug from his hands and mumbling a thank you, Fred guided her towards the sofa with his hand on the small of her back.

"I think we need to talk about something Freddie," Sophia started once they had settled on to the sofa. Fred raised his eyebrows at her but said nothing, allowing her to continue her difficult-to-say point.

"You do know that... I can't stay here.... right?" she questioned while looking up at him through her eyelashes. She waited for a moment before looking up at him fully and see the once cheerful expression now replaced with a frown on his face. He had put his tea down on the coffee table and was now sitting there staring at her with what could only be a mix between a grimace and a cringe.

"Where will you go?" he asked after a while, his tone soft and quiet. He had obviously forced himself to believe that Sophia would think she was safe in the flat and decide to stay. Even though there was that nagging voice in his head telling him that it wasn't going to be possible, he hoped that somehow she would believe the fantasy of the flat being impenetrable.

"I need to get the map first," she looked down at her hands. "If they have it, they have the upper hand. All they need is someone to read it and then they have unlimited power. They'll be able to predict strategy plans before they've even been made."

"How do you know where it is though? If it's that important, surely You Know Who will keep it on him at all times," Fred fought back. He was trying to stop Sophia from even thinking of leaving. "Your face is on posters everywhere right now. If anyone sees you, you're done for."