10.

"Does Professor Lupin ever mention my parents after their years at Hogwarts?" he asked in a quiet voice, staring up at the same ceiling as Sophia. She turned her head to look at his far-off face, as he obviously was in deep thought.

"Sometimes," she answered. "Although he doesn't like to talk about the time around You Know Who's downfall, as it was the time my Mum died. But he says that they were always a happy couple, and he aspired to be like them with a happy family. When you were born, I remember my dad said that both your mum and dad couldn't have been happier to have a family that was whole."

Harry smiled to himself at Sophia's words, picturing a happy family that he could have had. He hadn't had the chance to talk to Remus personally yet about the questions he had about his parents, but realised that Sophia was the next closest candidate for even a small recount of the time his parents were alive.

"If you don't mind me asking," Harry spoke up again. "What happened to your mum?"

"From what my dad could bring himself to tell-" she started as she traced her eyes over the imitation of the Milky Way in the ceiling enchantment. "-I heard she was ripped apart by Fenrir Greyback who was a follower of You Know Who. Him and my dad have a rotten history, and anything to do with the name Lupin interests him. I've heard he hasn't been captured, which sets my dad constantly on edge."

"That must be horrible for him," Harry said. "I'm sure Hogwarts ensures you're both safe from someone like him."

"I thought that too..... up until recently," Sophia confessed as she thought of Sirius Black in the halls of Hogwarts. Harry seemed to catch on to this and turned quiet. Sophia decided it was time to try and get some sleep, so she turned on her side and closed her eyes. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

---

Gryffindors were allowed back in their common room the next morning, as a new guard had been placed in the Fat Lady's portrait. He was a knight and named Sir Cadogan and was particularly annoying with his stupid riddles and reluctance to let anyone in past his portrait. The buzz that was made because of Sirius Black had faded slightly as there had been no sign of him, and the big game between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor was today. The sky was looking very grim, and rain was definitely on its way. But it didn't dampen anyone's mood, as most Gryffindors sat in the common room wearing their house colours with pride and anxiousness.

Sophia was wearing a red and gold stripped sweater that had the Gryffindor crest on it, as well as a warm scarf around her neck. She had made sure to bring her raincoat along with her, as she didn't want to be drenched by the time the game started. She sat down with Ron and Hermione as they discussed the odds for today's game and noticed that most of the Quidditch team were huddled together on the sofas in front of the fire.

"Go give Fred a kiss Sophia," Ron piped up as he motioned towards the Beater who was sitting in his Quidditch robes, swinging his bat back and forth in a sort of warm up.

"What?!" Sophia squeaked at the sudden request/demand.

"I'm giving you permission to kiss my brother. It'll send him over the moon! Make him play better too" Ron said while nodding. "We need to get the House Cup again this year. I saw the little moment you two had last night at Dinner, I've never seen Fred so happy."

"I'm not going to kiss Fred just to make sure he'll play better," Sophia said, crossing her arms over her chest to show her defiance. "I only did that last night because he was the only one who successfully made me feel better about my dad. It was purely platonic."

"Pfft platonic?"Hermione repeated in a humorous way. "Is the constant flirting and constant need to be touching each other supposed to be friendly too?"