103.

Stumbling through the corridors was pure agony. Any minute now, Fred's fate could take hold and she wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it. She prayed that he hadn't moved from the Entrance Hall as she didn't think she'd have the strength to make it any further. Her side burned and her head pounded, threatening to put her to sleep against her will. Her wand was glued to her hand in preparation for any Death Eaters to come running at her. At this point, she could only muster the protection charm and maybe a disarming spell.

She made it into the Great Hall and saw that teachers and students were dueling left and right. Professor Flitwick and Professor Slughorn, the latter of which she had never met but had heard of from Harry, Ron and Hermione, were finishing their battles quicker than Sophia had ever seen. They turned from one opponent to the other as if it was child's play, protecting themselves and students in the mean time. But it didn't change the fact that various bodies laid on the floor of the Hall either dead or too injured to get back up again.

"Protego," Sophia swished her wand and made the yellow spark flying towards her bounce and hit the wall next to her. She looked up and saw the famous Death Eater that she had come in contact with too much for her liking.

"Is that the only spell you know?" Antonin Dolohov cackled before he shot spells towards her as if his wand was a whip. "Dance Lupin!"

Sophia continued to cast the charm in a hopeless attempt to maybe tire the man out. She found herself grunting after a shot of red broke through her barrier and hit her shoulder, making her shiver and drop her wand from the shock. The wood rolled away and left her defenceless, making Dolohov grin in triumph as he pointed his wand directly at her chest. Sophia's heart pounded at the thought of this being her last moments alive as the man had no intention of taking her hostage or showing any mercy. She had the urge to shut her eyes and pray that Fred didn't follow the same fate, and that maybe the future will change if she was the one to die instead.

"Finally. A satisfying end!"he cheered. "I'm sure you will be solely missed Looney Loopy Lupin. Avada Keda-"

"Stupefy!"

Dolohov flew across the hall and skidded into the wall to his left. He lay there motionless with his eyes wide in a trance and his wand rolled away pathetically with its unfinished curse. Sophia whipped her head around and saw her father standing with Tonks by his side, his wand pointing at the Death Eater who had no chance of getting up again with Remus standing there. She felt her shoulders slack from their tense posture and showed her father the most grateful of smiles, crouching to pick up her wand from the floor.

"T-Tonks, what are you doing here?!" Sophia limped over. "I thought you were staying with Teddy?"

"He'll be fine without me," she replied, looking admirably at Remus next to her. "I can be more of a help here."

"Fred's out in the Entrance Hall. From what I saw, he was turning people into ferrets," Remus informed her with a hint of smile, shooting a body-binding curse to a woman across the hall. 

Sophia nodded and gave him a quick hug, thanking him for saving her from Dolohov. She then turned to start heading towards the double doors to hear her father calling after her. She stopped and looked over her shoulder, seeing Tonks fighting next to him while he stared at her with jittering lips. He had so much he had wanted to say to her before this battle and its early commencing hadn't allowed him to speak to her properly. But this wasn't the time to launch into his heart felt speech that he needed for her to hear. Instead, he let her leave with a short but honest and desperate call.

"Be safe."

She nodded with a close-lipped smile before dashing out the doors as fast as her tired legs could take her. Coming to the archway of the Entrance Hall, she couldn't believe the chaos that was happening in front of her. There were fires everywhere with piles of debris sitting in random places of the clearing. There were huge spiders and even giants mauling people to death and coming in the hundreds along the bridge. Curses and spells flew over Sophia's head as she attempted to search for the gingers she knew were stationed in the area.