Chapter 20

Both Hoseok and I were worried that living together after dating for only a few months would tear us apart, that we would get in each other's way or start fighting often. We were worried going so fast could potentially end us. But no. It didn't so much as put a wedge between us. We would have small arguments occasionally but every couple fights and it never had anything to do with me being in his house. He never made me feel bad about moving in, despite it being his demand. He never pulled the 'this is my house' card when I did something he maybe didn't like or wasn't used to. Eventually, we learned each other's quirks. We learned how to adjust to them, and in doing so it made us even closer.

There would be times that I would have 'sleep overs' at Jin's house. It was good to have distance so that we would appreciate each other more when we DID see each other. There was one night in particular, that our typically tropical weather would turn cold. The rain was coming down hard and wind was blowing causing the trees around his house to hit against the windows. I always loved storms like this. The sound of heavy rain could always lull me to sleep, and I was leaning up against Hoseok as he watched a TV show and I closed my eyes enjoying his closeness. His hand was absentmindedly stroking my back softly, and we were just quiet...peacefull and quiet. I wasn't quite asleep, but at one point I noticed that the TV volume had been turned down but I could see the light still flashing through my eye lids so I know he didn't turn it off. I felt his hand stop moving and his other hand move to slip under me when I lifted my head to look at him.

"Oh...I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"I wasn't asleep." I smiled. "I was just really comfortable and relaxed."

He leaned back into the couch comfortably and his free hand gripped my chin and he turned my head just a bit more to face him, and he kissed my lips with a smile. "I'm relaxed around you too."

He turned back to the TV turning it up more continuing to watch it. I played with his hand a little bit and after another moment or two he actually moved to turn off the TV. He adjusted his body so that we were facing each other and his expression confused me. He almost looked pained, or as if something was bothering him. I let go of his fingers and ran my own through his hair.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I've just been thinking abut something recently." He said as he leaned into my touch.

"What's that?"

"Do you know how long you've been here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...you've been living with me for about two months now." His eye brows came together and he pulled up the calendar in his phone looking up the date. "Actually...you've been here for 10 weeks." He then turned to me. "What do you plan to do with your house?"

I shrugged and sighed heavily. "I don't know if I want to live there again."

"I don't want you to move back." He spoke in a serious tone.

"Honestly...I don thin I do either. I should probably sell the house." I sighed again and he kept quiet. I looked back to him. "Do you think maybe I could stay here until I sell and buy a new house?"

"No...that wont be a problem..." he said in an unfinished tone.

"But..." I encouraged as I knew that wasn't the end.

"But...um...well I think you should sell the house...but um...I don't think you should buy another one."

"What you think I should get an apartment? I'd rather buy, my job is here and I have no intentions of going anywhere-"

He cut me off by placing his finger on my lips and shaking his head. "That isn't what I mean."

I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with his. "What do you mean then?"