Chapter 37

I was shaking...and as the people walked passed me it was as if they were in slow motion. I looked around and thank god I had professional wear, I kind of blended in with the crowd. No one would know why I was here.

Several times over the last 13 days we had been prepped by the DA. Not only would we be testifying, but also cross examined. I didn't want to answer questions about our relationship...I didn't want to talk to him...I didn't even want to look at him.

But Hoseok was always there to talk sense into me. He helped me through each day reminding meas soon as it was over, we would be free from him.

From what I understand the case had been going on for quite some time...this was the tail end of it, and once our testimonies were over, it was in the hands of the jury to decide his fate. Hoseok sat next to me wearing a suit that matched my dress, his hand holding on to mine tight. We were waiting to be seated...and sure enough the officer came out and brought us into the room.

We sat there for over and hour as people started to pile in. I didn't see any of Kai's family...no girlfriend...no one. That made me feel better...I would never wish anyone loneliness but this guy...he deserves to be in isolation.

Eventually, everyone settled and it was silent in the courtroom. I held my breath as I watched the courtroom guard bring in a handcuffed sullen looking Kai. I tensted immediately The judge was announced and seated, and the jury was asked to come in. Once they sat, the judge spoke.

"I understand that we have the victum here today to tesify?"

"That's right your honor." The DA replied. "We have three witnesses to testify today."

"Call your first witness." He replied.

Our administrative assistant was called, she raised her right hand and swore to tell the truth. The DA asked her only two questions, to which she confirmed that she worked for me, and that she saw Kai exit my office and found me shook and scared on my office floor. Surprisingly, the defense attorney did not ask any question.

Next Hoseok was called, he gave me a quick kiss and walked to the bench. I couldn't help but to look, as I could feel eyes burning into me. When I turned, my eyes locked with Kais and a chill ran down my spine. He stared at me so intently, I couldn't hold his gaze and turned back to look down and in front of me. I heard Hoseok swear to tell the truth and watched as he took a seat. He looked over to me and when he did, I felt relief wash through me...everything was going to be okay.

"Mr. Jung..." the DA started. "...Do you know why you were court ordered to appear today?"

"Yes."

"Can you explain to the court please?"

"My girlfriend has been harassed over the past year and I have been a witness to many different incidences." He said speaking confidently.

"That's right. How did you meet your girlfriend?"

"A party that a mutual friend of ours had thrown."

"So you had never met her before this party even though you had mutual friends?"

"Yes."

Good Hobi. Answering yes and no...just like we were coached.

"And Mr. Jung...do you know the defendant?"

"I know of him." he said coldly looking over to Kai. I watched Kai turn towards him and smirk leaning back in his chair.

"What do you know of him?"

"He is the guy who has been harassing my girlfriend."

"Any idea why he has been harassing her?"