Chapter 22

"I'll KILL HIM!"

"Please...please calm down." I begged Hobi as I stood in the kitchen watching him pace back and forth.

"I'll fucking Kill him!" he shouted again.

He grabbed his keys and a coat and made his way to the front door but I stepped in front of him grabbing his face so he would look at me. "Please don't. I called the police...I made a police report. I filed a PPO on him so he can never come near me again."

"DO YOU THINK THAT WILL STOP HIM!?" he shouted and he pushed my hands away from his face. He made to go towards the door again and I moved again to block him.

I pressed myself against the door and looked at him with pleading eyes. "Stop. Please...I'm begging you. Stay here."

"Move." He growled.

"No." I said firmly without looking away.

"Noona, Move." He said again only louder.

"No!"

"GOD DAMN IT Y/N, MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!"

"NO!" I shouted out loudly.

My response surprised him and he turned around running his hands through his hair. He turned back around and he was still angry.

"It cod have been so much worse...he...he could have done something to you."

"I know." I said as I watched him pace again.

"God he fucking hurt you...he hurt you..." his eye went wide and his face softened. Tears started to pool in his eyes and he walked over to me gently taking my face in his ands. "He hurt you." He said again this time in a whisper. He leaned down and placed gentle kisses on the side of my face with the last kiss placed on the cut on my lip. He then gently leaned his forehead on mine and sniffled as if he was crying. "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so so sorry..."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked in a soft voice grabbing hold of his forearms and caressing his skin with my thumbs.

"I wasn't there...I wasn't there to protect you. I wasn't there to keep you from him." he whispered.

I couldn't help but smile and lifted my head closing the short distance connecting our lips. I kissed him deeply, and thankfully he returned the kiss keeping the passion fiery, and when we finally parted we were both breathing heavily.

After a moment, after he cleared his head and was thinking logically, he spoke. "You got a PPO?"

I nodded. "My assistant actually saw him leave and she found me sitting on the floor, my desk was a little messy and I was swelling where he hit me." He moved his hand softly up and down over the part of my face that was assaulted as I continued to speak. "It was enough to file the order and now he's not allowed within 100 yards of me."

He nodded and took my hand pulling me to the couch. He took off his jacket, and his jeans. He pulled my shirt over me carful not to hurt me. He reached under my tank top behind my back unhooking my bra. He helped me pull it down and out of my shirt, then he pulled my pants down with them. Once I was in just a tank top and my panties he pulled the very large king size throw blanket resting on the couch over my shoulders and guided me to straddle his lap. He moved my head pulling the strong side of my face against his chest and shoulder.

We sat there in silence, and he ran his fingers over my bare back under my tank top. It was comforting.

"Why did he do it?"

"Trying to get me back I guess." I mumbled.

"No, why did he hit you? What lead to it?"

I smiled at the memory. "I said something he didn't like."