Chapter 36

It had been about a week...and thank god Hoseok was no longer afraid to touch me. The entire week had been like he was trying to make up for the time he had lost not being able to be with me intimately. And boy I wasn't complaining.

On the rare o casino I wasn't a tangled naked mess with him, I was working. I was in my office going over paperwork for new patients for the residents when there was a knock on my door.

"Come on in." I called out.

I heard the door open and when I looked up I was very surprised to see who was walking in. "Good afternoon."

"Um...good afternoon officer, what can I do for you?"

"I wanted to talk to you about some things, and update you if you have time? I wont take up too much of your time."

"Well, sure. Have a seat." I replied gesturing to the chair in front of my desk.

"Thank you." He said taking a seat.

"Go ahead." I smiled to him.

"Your exboyfriend, is being charged on multiple counts. Kidnapping, stalking, violation of the PPO, assault and battery, two counts of first degree murder, and one count for man slaughter."

"Oh..." I wasn't sure what to say to this...but two counts of murder and one for man slaughter? The officer must have understood my confused state because he cleared his throat to continue.

"We found his ex girlfriend dead in a nearby ditch, I believe her name was Karen?"

I gasped and pulled my hands to my mouth. "OH my god." I let out. "That's what he meant by her not being in the picture."

He nodded. "The other count would be for the woman who bought the house from you, and the count for manslaughter is for the child you lost. We want to charge him for first degree murder for that one, but there is only one way for us to be able to do that."

"How?" I asked now getting nervous.

"You testifying in open court."

"What? No! I'm sure the two counts will put him away long enough."

He nodded and let out a breath through his nose. "There's a problem though."

"What?" I asked getting nervous again.

"He lawyered up...and they are claiming insanity."

I didn't know what to say. I would have thought originally someone that did that many horrible things would be considered crazy...but he just wanted money. He knew exactly what he was doing. "As much as I'd like to say he is a psychotic son of a bitch, he isn't. He's smart, and he's determined...he knew what he was doing, and he KNEW I was pregnant when he beat me. It's exactly why he did it."

"Which is why we are coming to you. I don't want to have to court order you, but with the defense attorney he has on his side...the insanity plea might work. He would go to a facility, where he would maybe stay for 3 years max...and then as long as his psychiatrist deem him suitable enough...he'd get out."

"No." I breathed out. I started to get dizzy. My elbows planted on my desk and my head fell into my hands. He can't get out. 3 years is nothing...nothing at all. What in the hell?? "There is no other way to do this? All the evidence...all the things you found? The cameras. the receipt for the flowers, the baseball bat used to destroy my car, the many different times someone watched him physically assault me...none of that is strong enough to convict him?"

"It all supports the claim of his mental instability. His lawyer says he was so blinded by love and adoration, he was doing whatever he could to get you back. That he thought all those things were just acts of love."  I stared at him for quite some time before he spoke again. "Besides...by law, he has a right to confront his accuser...whether he is guilty or not."