Chapter 30

"What the fuck!?" I yelled bouncing around a little. I was trying to break free knowing there was no way, I was tied way to tightly. My hand and lower legs were turning a purply blue color from my circulation being cut off.

I could hear the person behind me whispering and then a small yelp and a thud. I still couldn't see but I was trying to. My neck hurt from the strain. Then I heard footsteps come from behind me and when they stepped in front of me I looked up.

"FUCKING DAMN IT KAI!" I shouted

He knelt down to me with a smirk and I wanted to kick him. But alas, my tied legs. "Hey there." He said. "Welcome home."

I didn't say anything. He wanted me to talk and the more I spoke the more worked up I knew I would get. Also, the less I spoke, the more likely I could get out of this. Talking would just anger him.

"I'm sorry about the knots." He smiled. "I know they probably hurt but I didn't want you going anywhere. I need you to hear me out." I looked at him and my breathing was heavy. I nodded and he pulled up a chair to sit in front of me. He sat down and laid his arms on his lap. When he did, I noticed he was holding a kitchen knife, blood dripping off the blade. I took a mental scan of my body, trying to feel if I had any cuts on me, but I felt fine. That could be because of adrenaline but I doubt it. I moved my eyes back up to his waiting for him to continue.

"I know the last few times we have been in the same vicinity of each other, I have been rather...rude..."

More like psychotic.

"...but I was upset and lost my temper. All I wanted for you to do was listen, and you just wouldn't. Will you listen now, please?"

I nodded. I just wanted to get this over with.

"Thank you." He said leaning back a little. "I wanted to apologize, one for Karen. She was a moment of weakness and I really was on a business trip with my friend when I met her. It was the 3rd or 4th time that we went that anything happened and it just...never ended. Eventually she started emailing me, getting my email from Jae. You were always working...always tired and eventually I felt like you stopped trying."

Because I did.

"But then there were good days between us. And the busier you were the more freedom I had. It felt nice. To have my life taken care of and to have you waiting for me at home, a warm body to sleep next to at night." He smiled and leaned closer to me. "Especially you." He lifted his hand and stroked my cheek and it took everything in me not to jerk my head back.

Don't fucking touch me.

He dropped his hand to take hold of my arm and continued to his story. "So I didn't want to leave you. We were still sleeping together at that time, and then you had that whole thing with your Office being gone for 3 months...I got lonely. I invited her here because I knew you were going to be gone. She told me that she was having feelings for me but she couldn't provide me with what you could. So I told her if she wanted me she has to be a secret. We couldn't be public. She agreed to it and it had been going on ever since."

I listened...and though I didn't really care to know his shitty reasoning...I didn't want to make this situation worse.

"When you found out..." He started not able to look me in the eye. "...I at first didn't really care. I um...she was able to support me and the life style I wanted. But months had gone by and she just got annoying. Then I found out she was friends with Taehyung and that just made me think of you. You were always talking about Jin and Taehyung and Jin and Taehyung. It made me think of you all the time. Then I saw you at a party. You were beautiful...and I wanted to talk to you but I only saw you for a second. You had disappeared."