Chapter 24

It was a Thrusday, so thankfully Hoseok was at work, and he didn't see me take all the evidence of me purchasing pregnancy tests being shoved in the trunk of my car. I drove all the way to work running into the building and into Soekjin's office.

Thank god he was alone.

"Noona? What's wrong?"

"I...it's blue...and there...it...I cant..."

"Woah!" he exclaimed standing up. "Whats going on?" He walked over to me and wrapped an arm around me pulling us closer to the couch at the far end of his office. He sat me down, as I was still shaking and unable to breathe properly. He pulled a chair close so he could sit in front of me, knee to knee. "Noona, slow your breathing."

I tried to take long deep breaths, and I looked him in the eye, a technique I learned during my residency for anxiety patients, and it didn't take long for me to finally calm down. "I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to scare you."

"What's going on? What happened...is it Kai again?"

"No." I scoffed with a laugh. "For once, no..."

"Then what is it?"

"I um...I don't...I...."

"Noona you're scaring me. Spit it out."

"I'm pregnant."

The office was silent in that moment. The echo of the word still lingering in our ears. His eyes went wide and he had hold of my hands which also tightened on mine. I was looking right back at him knowing his feeling...understanding why he is in such shock.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he spoke. "Are you sure?"

I pulled out the baggy with all 4 pregnancy tests in them and handed it to him. "I have to go to a doctor still to be 100% sure...but I'm 99% sure..." I said pointing at the bag.

He tilted his head as he looked it then flicked his eyes to me. I could tell he was fighting a smile. "Well...how do you feel?"

"Umm...I'm...scared?"

"About?"

"What if this isn't what Hoseok wants? We have never talked about children before and this past year with Kai harassing me, it's been hard. Like we haven't had time to just be us without issues."

"But things between the two in regards to your relationship right?"

"Yeah. And I love him...oh god Jin I love him." I said hanging my head. "And I do want to keep this baby...I want a family but its' only been a year...it will be a year on Saturday."

"Okay....so...I...." he paused. "I honestly think, that you need to go ahead and assume that he is going to happy about this. Okay?"

"Why?"

"Because there have been many a conversations that I have had with him...and Joonie had Tae have had with him...and to us it sounds like he's going to stick around no matter what. When you were going through all that stuff with Kai...Tae told Jungkook he was worried he was going to leave because it was too much for him to handle. Then we all kinda asked him about it a few weeks before you got the PPO on Kai. He told us that Kai didn't scare him."

"Oh..." I replied not knowing that was a thing. My heart filled with warmth just thinking about how much he must really care and love me if this chaos with Kai wasn't even enough to scare him off. I couldn't hold back my smile.

Jin laughed. "Exactly."

"I just...I cant help but think 'what if.'"

"Well lets look at it this way...first thing we need to do, is call Dr. Adams and get you in for a blood test." He got up and went to his desk picking up the phone. He pressed a speed dial button and I listened to him ask to get in as soon as possible. He smiled, thanked whoever he was talking to, and came back over to me. "Let's go." He said taking my hand.