Chapter 23

Finally things were starting to get better. The fear and constant anxiety of Kai showing up out of nowhere had been put to rest. The PPO was sticking, and even though neither Hoseok or I were excited to be giving that bastard his address, but we both decided that in order to be in compliance with the PPO, we had to.

It had been another few months, and I was just leaving a doctors appointment to get my birth control shot. Two days ago, Hoseok and I had a close call. I had to shout at him to pull out because it had just dawned on me that I skipped my appointment due to my newly hectic work schedule. I had been mentoring three residents once a week, so the only day I had to myself was Thursdays, and I was NOT coming in on a weekend. I didn't want to fall into that habit again.

As I entered my car my phone rang and it was Seokjin.

"Hey handsome."

"Hey Noona, are you busy?"

"Actually no, what's up?"

"There is another resident here...he's Dr. Evan's guy but Evan's had a family emergency."

"You're not asking me to take on a fourth resident are you...and on a Friday?"

He laughed. "No, I'm asking where all the resident paperwork is, I told Evan's I'd take over for a few days."

"Oh bless that poor residents soul." I joked.

"Ha ha, very funny...where's the paperwork?"

"It's in my office. Evan's assistant always comes and get it and puts it back every day."

"Okay...thanks...what are you going to do with your day?"

"Hang out with Hobi."

"Do I hear wedding bells?"

"Its only been 8 mo the...You just worry about your resident today okay?"

"Oh he'll love me by the time I'm through with him."

"Good luck."

"Thanks, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and plugged it in to charge before going home. When I went to start my car, it wouldn't start. I turned the ignition a few times but to no luck.

"UGH!" I groaned out. I pulled out my phone and called the dealer I was leasing it from and they sent out a tow truck. I called Hobi and told him I would be a few minutes late, and rode with the guy to the dealership.

"What seems to be the problem?" Ryn asked treating me at the door.

"It wont start. It doesn't even try to start, it just clicks."

"Hmmm...strange. Well we will have our auto guys take a look at it, it will be just about 30 minutes because Minho is available now."

I sat in the waiting room for almost an hour. I had called Hobi twice explaining I was still at the dealership and wasn't sure how much longer I would be. We had plans to go outside the city for the night and needed to check into our hotel and it was a long drive. I would have just rescheduled but I am actually really excited for this. It's been a while since we have gotten away and a change of atmosphere is healthy every now and then.

"Did you say they would be only 30 minutes."

"Yeah...but if it's something really wrong then I'm sure it must be more than an easy fix...if they aren't done I will just have you come get me. We were going to take your Jeep anyway."