Back~ p22

I've decided that it's time to go back to school.
I get a shower (this time not as long) and put on a crop top with shorts and no makeup.

I touched my lip and winced slightly. His punishment wasn't too bad so I just dealt with it. I lugged my bag onto my arm, left the house and walked to school.

And there he is getting out of his car. He sees me but refuses to make eye contact and walks off. I walked to my first lesson and Danielle threw herself at me and it scared me.
"DON'T DO THAT!" I screamed and she jumped, releasing me.
"Just. Please don't do that."
"Sorry."
"It's okay"
She raised an eyebrow but shrugged and lessons started.

Logan's POV

I need to give her things back. I clutched the bag containing them in my hands as I got into my car and put them on the passenger seat beside me.
I drive to school listening to the radio.
I got to school and got out and then I saw her.
I relaxed knowing she was finally back at school, I was so worried.
She looks at me hopelessly before hanging her head slightly and walking off. I didn't make eye contact. If I did, I'd go back to her all over again.
I have class and it finishes a few minutes early so I want over to Arianna's classroom and wait at the door.
The bell rings and students pool out of the classroom and then she walks out at the end.
She doesn't see me so I pull her around by her wrist and she stares up at me. Her eyes burn of hope but also sadness. I push the bag with her things in it to her chest and she grasps it.

Arianna's POV

"Theres your stuff, don't worry I didn't read anything" I watch him start to walk off as I hold the bag to my chest. I look back to the day he said he'd never hurt me on purpose.
When he said he wouldn't leave me.
He promised me.
Suddenly I have the urge to yell down the empty hall.

"You promised me!"
"That you would never leave me!"

He stops in his tracks and looks back only for a second and opened his mouth.

But then he hesitates and says nothing, turning around and pushing the doors open as he leaves.
Half of me wanted to follow him but I didn't.
I sighed and walked over to the canteen to eat and meet my friends. They all asked about my lip, it was annoying to have to make yet again another story up. I ate my food but then noticed Danielle watching me weirdly before clearing her throat.
"Where's Chris been recently?" I give a puzzled look.
"He isn't here?"
"He barely shows up anymore!"
I frown and sit up in my seat so I wasn't slouching.
"Why you bothered?"
"He's your friend, how aren't you bothered!" She asked before she pushed more food into her mouth.

We finished lunch and as my phone was walking to my next class my phone rang so I leaned to a wall and answered. The hall was empty so it was just me.
"I need you to get more drinks now!" he slurred down the line and I looked at my closed classroom door.
"I have school still though.."
"When I tell you to do something you fucking do it first time before I need to show you why!"
"I promise I will after lesson!"
"I SAID NOW!"
I remained silent heard him huff before something smashes in the background.
"FUCK! YOUR IN A LOT OF TROUBLE ARIANNA!"
He hung up the phone and I tried to calm myself but it doesn't help. I throw my phone in anger and watch the glass half shatter against the wall.
Tears of frustration burned my cheek as I picked my phone up from the floor; the broken glass skimming my fingers and crimson blood appeared on my hands. I'm in big trouble now.

Logan's POV

I was walking to my last class that was next to hers when I saw her leaned against the wall on the phone- it better not be fucking Chris or I swear to god I'll kill him! I stop walking and listen in to her call to hear yelling from her phone. She answers timidly and the voice gets angrier as she shudders- it was her dad.

My blood boiled at the thought of him.
The call ends and she huffed.
Her phone flung across the hall and some of the glass smashed so she went to pick it up.
Her fingers dripped with blood and tears left her eyes; she sat down on the ground holding it in her hands. She doesn't deserve this. I need her and I know she needs me but I can't do anything- for once I'm powerless.
I walk over and touch her shoulder.
I need to be rude so she will learn to forget about me. It's just what's best.
"Glass is sharp you know" I roll my eyes and she looks up hopelessly. I see the empty look in her eyes. Her face is dull. Her body looks lifeless, just like she did the night we met.
I'm causing her so much pain and I hate it so much.
"Why are you doing this?" She cried out.
I couldn't reply at that point.
"I'm not doing anything. We broke up three weeks ago move on"
Her eyes welled with more tears that flowed down her cheeks.
"You don't get it do you?"
Then her voice became a whisper almost,
"Nobody wants me here anymore. You wouldn't know how that feels."
She gets up slowly and her eyes kept at her feet as my eyes let out a single tear but she didn't see it.
She wiped her eyes tiredly and walks down the hall her phone in her hand as a drop of blood touched the ground.
She opens the door quietly and walks out and I watch her leave.
"FUCK!"
I swallow and wipe my eye before breathing in and out.
I enter my class and sit at the back, stretch my legs out and mumble under my breath.
"Just you wait until I'm done with you"