Chapter Three

The rain fell unexpectedly. No one was prepared for the rain storm that filled the dark, foggy roads. Girls shrieked as they left the restaurant and ran to their car. Most of the men walked under the rain, unaffected.

I waited by the front of the restaurant as Elijah headed to the car. I had my crossed arms as I waited for his Jeep to appear. Someone brushed past me and I noticed that it was Parker. He still had that sullen, grieving expression on his face. Did I look like that?

"Do you like the rain?" I heard him ask.

My eyes wandered around, trying to determine whether or not he was talking to me. I was the only one that stood in talking proximity to him.

"I'm indifferent," I responded. "Though, I liked your poem. I lost a father figure as well."

He exhaled deeply. "How long ago?"

"We had his funeral yesterday," I sighed, trying to ignore the pulling I felt in my heart.

"Damn. I attended my dad's a week ago." He nervously pushed up his glasses. "Do you go to GWU?" He tried diverting the conversation from depressing to casual.

"I do. How'd you know?" I asked, suspiciously eyeing him.

"I feel like I've seen you around the English department."

"Yeah, I'm taking an English course."

He snapped his finger and a goofy smile spread on his face. "I knew you looked familiar."

The Jeep drove in front of the restaurant and I placed my hand on the handle of the restaurant door. "I need to go now, but maybe I'll see you around?"

"I'd like that," he said and then flashed a friendly smile. "Have a good night."

I lifted my hand up to acknowledge his kind words and dashed towards the Jeep. I quickly slipped into the passenger seat and crumbled into the leather seat. I noticed Elijah looking past me and into the restaurant but didn't say a word.

Another silent car ride to his apartment, but I didn't mind. An unusual wave of exhaustion came over me. All of my energy was spent on making an ice sundae for myself and sitting on the couch.

Elijah joined me after five minutes and opened his mouth. I scooped a big spoonful of ice cream and placed it in his mouth. He wasn't one for sweets and was completely satisfied with that one bite.

"How'd you like the poetry slam?" He asked.

"It was all kind of sad," I mumbled. "I related to Parker's poem the most. I actually had a chance to talk to him while you were getting the car."

He nodded, mentally noting that. "Everybody is going through some sort of pain on a daily basis, Morena. Some hide it better and express it in another way."

I lifted another spoonful of ice cream and slowly lowered it as I processed his words. "What pain are you going through?" I asked, worriedly.

He leaned over and gingerly placed a kiss on my forehead. "We should head to bed."

"Elijah," I called as he walked away. I lowered the bowl of ice cream onto the coffee table and walked into the bedroom. He took his shirt off and watched me as he continued to undress. I looked into his sad blue eyes and walked over to him to wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm worried about you," he admitted. "I've lost my mother, I know exactly what you are going through. That pain is unbearable and it can take control of you. I'm sorry that you lost Ronny and that you got severely injured. I shouldn't have told you about the case but I was scared of losing you. I knew you were done with me after the Karina incident. I had to make sure you didn't leave but it just brought more pain in the end." He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me into a close embrace. "I'm so sorry," he whispered.

The only man I had loved was enduring more than I could've imagine. Not only had Ronny's death brought up the agonizing memories of losing his mother, but to make matters worse, he was filled with guilt from the Natalia incident. I placed my head on the crook of his neck as I felt my heart become heavier.

"Elijah..."

He hummed and slid his hand under my shirt to rub my bare back. His touch sent a jolt of electricity throughout my body from head to toe, but stalled at my private area. I pulled away a bit to get a full view of his beautiful face. My eyes lingered at his lips and he noticed the desire I had to give him more than just a peck on the lips.

"Baby..." he sighed.

"Baby..." I mocked in a sultry tone.

The corner of his lips turned up as he reached for my bra, quickly unhooking it with one hand. I looked at him with excited yet confused eyes and he reassuringly nodded. He was giving in. I knew that disobeying the doctors orders would frustrate him later on, so I was going to meet him halfway.

"Lay on the bed," I said.

He listened and watched me cautiously as I pulled down on his boxers, revealing his hard, long shaft. I wrapped my hand around it and smirked as he let out a soft moan. I stroked him and watched his sad blue eyes turn into lust. I stopped stroking him to remove my shirt, revealing my breasts. A naughty smirk appeared as he sat up to give me his hand.

I remained on my knees and placed my hand on his chiseled chest, pushing him back down. "I want to make you feel good."

I grazed the my tongue on the tip of cock as I watched him moan in delight. His eyes met mine as I trailed my tongue up and down his long shaft. As I raised my tongue up, I opened wide to have his throbbing dick penetrate my warm mouth. He threw his head back further into the bed as I slurped vigorously.

"Fuck," he groaned. Hearing him curse under his breath instantly turned me on more. He wasn't one to non chalantly curse and usually did if he was either in pain or pleasure. It excited me to know that I had that affect on him.

Inch by inch, I kepting on sucking and pushing his cock deeper into my mouth. I resist the urge to gag and instead, managed to relax my throat in order to fit his whole eight inch cock. He laid out his arms and I held onto his hands as I continued to pleasure him.

His loose grip quickly tightened up as he became closer to coming. I deep throated his cock, moving up and down at a great speed. "Baby," he moaned, cautiously. He was warning me, but I had already made up my mind.

A large load shot into my mouth and I swallowed it without hesitation. I watched a defeated Elijah laid on the bed as I cleaned up the remaining cum on his shaft with my tongue. He slightly winced but let out a deep breath once I finished.

I crawled on top of him to place a kiss on his lips. He quickly moved me under him and gazed into my eyes. Despite the open lines of communication and the pleasure I had given him, Elijah's eyes were still filled with pain and sorrow. There was something else on his mind.