Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Did you want to go eat?" Elijah asked. "The hotel has a beautiful restaurant and they should be opened."

"Could we go to a diner? Keep it low key," I suggested as I stretched out of bed.

"Of course, baby. Anything for my beautiful wife," Elijah said, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"I have a feeling I'll be hearing that often."

"You will and should definitely take advantage," he chuckled. "What would you like? A car? A boat? Purse?"

"How'd you go from boat to purse?" I laughed, ruffing through my duffel bag. It consisted of hygiene products, a lot of lingerie and a pair of jeans. I gave Pia the task of packing my bag since I had spent the morning feeling nauseous. The spontaneous wedding didn't help my nerves.

He shrugged and slipped on his GW sweater. "I could get you both."

"Can I just wear your sweater?" I smiled. "Pia only packed me lingerie. I think she expected us to have sex the whole time."

Elijah removed the sweater and pulled it over my head. "I would love to bend you over right now. You look breathtaking in my sweater."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him into a deep hug. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him, holding onto him tightly. His hands gripped my thighs and he lowered me onto the bed. He kissed me feverishly and ran his hands up the sweater, caressing my bare skin. He was unbutton his pants and suddenly, my stomach started to growl.

"I'm sorry," I said, covering my face. "I haven't eaten all day. I had been nauseous and I think my nerves are now settling down."

"Your nerves?" He asked, buttoning his pants and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Were you nervous about getting married?"

"Of course, it's a big day and it happened out of no where."

He faced me with an apologetic expression. "I shouldn't have reacted with so much emotion. I don't want to lose you and I'm ready to protect you as a husband. I'm sorry for forcing you into this marriage," he grabbed my thigh and squeezed it.

"I wanted to be your wife. I am your wife. Do I wish we took it a bit slower? Yes, but we are here now and honestly, it worked out. I'm happy."

He cupped my face and looked at me with adoring eyes. "You mentioned nausea? Are you pregnant?"

I gasped from the sudden question. "No! I'm on birth control, Elijah."

"I know, but there's always a chance."

"I'm not," I assured.

"Okay," he said, standing up. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Not now, not in the middle of a semester. Maybe in the summer? I want to enjoy my time with you, just you for a bit."

"I meant I'm ready to go eat," he smirked. "Good to know that you do want to try soon."

He extended his hand out and I held onto it. He pulled me into a deep hug and I buried my blushed face into his chest. I wanted a family with him and I wasn't opposed to having a family at a young age. I had faith in us and our ability to grow as a family but I wanted some time to myself. I wanted it to be me and Elijah. After all, we deserved it.

We walked into the lively diner, hand in hand, looking at each other as we exchanged tidbits about our day. It seemed like Felix had been more stressed out about the wedding than anybody else. He wanted the day to be memorable for everyone, especially for Elijah. I loved the friendship that they had.