Chapter Ten

The weekend had come and went in a flash. I had caught up with all the work that I missed out when I was at the hospital. Elijah and I had taken advantage of our free time to reconnect, physically and mentally. Though, I still didn't give Elijah an answer to his question nor did he make me feel guilty for not doing so.

"Pick you up for lunch?" Elijah asked, as he parked on the side of the road.

"Of course," I responded, leaning in for a kiss.

"Have fun in stats," he joked.

I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me. Many of the students walked around with big smiles on their faces and their heads held up high. Everyone seemed more gleeful after the break. Also, it helped that winter break was about two weeks away.

I opened the door to the classroom and headed towards my usual seat.

"Mo!" I heard a familiar voice call out.

"X!" I smiled, as I saw him ran towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight bear hug. "You're squishing me!"

He released me and apologetically smiled. "Sorry, Mo. How was your break?"

"It was okay, and yours?"

"Pretty great!"

"Let's go sit down," I suggested. "I think we are in the way." A few students glared at us for blocking the aisles.

Xavier scratched the back of his head and frowned. "Actually, I'm going to sit in the back with --"

A girl who I had seen a handful of times in class flirtatiously placed her hand on Xavier's shoulder and smirked. "X, there you are," she said, completely disregarding me.

"Bianca, this is Mo. Mo, Bianca."

"Hey," I greeted.

She gave me a weak smile and looked at Xavier. "Coming?"

"Yeah! I'll see you around, Mo?" He said, as Bianca pulled him to the back of the classroom.

I sat at my seat and watched the professor write the chapter that we were going to cover in class. Mid way through the lecture, I received a text message.

Xavier
11:05 am: I feel bad for ditching you.

Me: No worries.

X: I started talking Bianca during break. I want to hang with you though. Meet up at your place tomorrow? Maybe go over this new material?

Me: I don't live with Pia anymore.

X: What? So you're with moving in with Elijah now?

Me: Yup.

No response.

The lecture ended and I quickly gathered my items. I fast walked out of the room without making any eye contact with Xavier. I didn't know whether my anxiety was kicking in or not but I could faintly hear my name being called. I ran to my next class without looking back. I leaned against the cold brick walls and huffed out a relieved breath.

"Morena," I heard someone yell.

I snapped my head towards their direction and rolled my eyes at the sight of Pia.

"Bitch. First, you're ignoring me and then now, you had me running in my new wedges."

"Whoops," I said, looking straight forward.