'What if' Special: Swap AU [Part 2]

You woke up with a start, the day after the fight that took place, in a hospital with the doctor informing you and Inko that your brother cannot be found. You were devastated with the news.

You didn't want to even believe that he was gone, you just got him back! You can't accept the fact he was gone that soon.

'He isn't...' You stubbornly told yourself 'He is just lost or was transfered to another city or maybe even fell of the grid!'. You felt yourself shake as tear flood your eye.

'He is not dead!'

Eversince then you were never the same, you started feeling shy around people, often found picking up your brother's habit of muttering like you wanted his presence to still be engraved in your memory, even cutting your hair short by your shoulders.

It worried your mother to death when she caught attempting to cut yout hair like his, just so that you can 'see' him from time to time. "(Y/N), sweety, I know you miss him—I do too! But we can't hold on to him like a desperate memory. He wouldn't want that, please..." Inko sobbed holding on to the hand that held the pair of scissors.

With guilt brimming you full you cried with her apologies and desperate plea. "I am so sorry... I just wanted to see him! I want to be able to see him just one more time, hug him close and ....!" You sniffed holding on to your mother's hand.

'...I miss him'

[--]

"Buns, when will you ever accept that your damn brother is dead?" Katsuki snarled looking over you who couldn't meet him in the eye.

Often he'd find you by villain attacks, continuing the notebook series that Izuku once started. It didn't bother him then, but It did bother him greatly that you couldn't move on and still hang on to him being alive.

He needed to get the facts into her head for once, Izuku is gone.

"Th-That can't be true..! He must be somewhere.. some place where I can't reach." You tried to reason, a painful feeling stricking your chest repeatedly.

Katsuki scoffed hearing you. Grabbing your shoulders he moved you to look at him "You can't keep living in this world where the nerd may be alive. Its already been years, wake up already!" He yell trying to get you to look at him, but you refused to, struggling to keep your head turned away.

"Buns!!"

"No!" You screamed catching him by surprise, making his grip loosen as you suddenly pulled away harshly resulting to the notebook being thrown out the window. With a loud gasp you grabbed your bag and ran out of the classroom.

Katsuki watched you leave with a pained look. "Damn it, why can't you just move on..?" he mutter before sauntering away to meet with his fellows outside the school.

[--]

Walking home with a solemn look, all you could do was stare at the soggy item. "It really has been years..." You mutter to yourself, remembering Katsuki's words. "But I just can't move on... I am sorry, Nekochi".

Because of your sorrow and clouded mind you didn't notice the shadow that loomed over you as you traveled under a bridge. By the time you did, it was too late.

You gasp as you felt a heavy substance attach itself to you back before swirling around your form, trapping you. "W-What!?" You exclaim in fear as the face of the villain came into view. "Lucky me, no one will ever suspect with this skin suite!" He cheered looking down at you, who was struggling to breathe.

"Hold still this will be over in no time!!"

'No...!!' You tried to scream but your body felt weak and just when you were about to pass out a battle cry of someone familiar echoed into your head as you lost consciousness.

"Texas Smash!!!"

"(Y/N) are you watching that?" Inko questioned finding you sitting by Izuku's chair watching his favorite video of All Might.

"Yeah... I guess I am, I couldn't help it, but when I thought by the Izuku come back, he must have missed a lot of stuffs, so..." You showed the notebook you continued with a grin.

"I wanna make sure he doesn't miss a thing!" Your mother worriedly sighed as she watch continue with a smile that she knew you made for her sake.

"Alright, who are you writing about?"

"A-All Might..?" You rasp, cracking your eyes opening. They widen more in shock as you saw him looming over you with a large grin.

"Yo!"

[--]

You looked expectantly at the skinny man, who look back at you with a pity filled look. "Many people loose their loved ones, young lady. I have too, but we should know when to move on and face reality." He say breaking your heart.

"Then..." You whispered catching his attention. "..how do I move on?"

After a momment of silence All Might look towards the sky before back to you "That's up to you to figure out." The blonde man then turned and walk away leaving to you to your thoughts.

You stare in guilt and regret, seeing your childhood friend held hostage by the villain that attacked you. You first wondered why he was there till you realized that it was your fault that he escaped. 'N-No... I am so sorry..' You plea silently watching in the crowd. But the moment your eyes meet caution was immediately thrown out the wind.

"Stop!" The heroes cry in shock when you dash pass them towards the sludge villain.

"You.." The villain bellowed recognizing you. Your fear struck look was evident on your face before it harden in determination. Grabbing a pipe as you charge, you swipe and broke off the slimy arms that attempted to attack you.

"You... Let go of him!!!!" You cried out pulling Katsuki away from the villain, tossing the blonde out of the his reach.

"BUUNS!" Katsuki exclaim watching you smiled to him with the slime charge at you withthe intent to kill.

"Detroiot Smash!!!"

[--]

"I finally found how to move on, All Might.." You say up to the bulked up man with a soft smile. "I want to help people, I wanna be a hero to everyone, to save them with a smile... and maybe then, finish what my brother have been starting ever since."

Grinning at your answer the man showed you a hand. "Then, I will help you." All Might start.

"You will be the one to inherit my power."

You nodded your head accepting his hand till you processed his words and a big question mark appeared over your head, staring wide eyes at the no. 1 hero before you.

"W-Wait what!?"

Interlude to this Special!
Next Chapter is back to the story!
Stay tuned and come back again soon!
Hehehe! 😝
Peace! X3