Chapter 52: In A Mother's Eyes

Chatter of metal sounded in the kitchen as soft hums sang in echoes in the empty apartment. Water was gushing from the faucet with light scratching of a scrub rinsing the pan. The stout woman let out a soft sigh as her locks swayed with her movements. With a few soft flicks of her fingers, she called over the dirty cup sitting on the coffee table left by her daughter before she left for work.

"...Work..." Inko mutters with a foreign feeling. Before she falls deep in her thoughts and waste water, the doorbell rang. Perking up with surprise Inko quickly shut the water off and scampered to the door, "Who is it?" She called walking to the door only to see it burst open with an eccentric blonde coming in.

"Inko! How long it been!" Mitsuki chirp excitedly giving the frightened woman a big hug.

"M-Mitsuki??" Inko yelp still in her daze as she is squished by the woman. "I was around the area when I remembered you were here. So I decided to drop by!~" Mitsuki says excusing herself in while Mitsuki closes the door to accommodate her guest.

"How has it been? The house has been so quiet, how have you been coping with this?" Mitsuki asked looking around at the humble home.

"Well, It has been lonely." Inko softly laughs pouring a cup of tea for the blonde "But, (Y/N) comes every now and then to have dinner or lunch with me then usually end up staying after breakfast".

"Oh, I see" Mitsuki mumbled taking the tea served for her. "(Y/N) has been keeping good contacts with Katsuki. So I see her every now and then when she came for Katsuki." Inko smiled at the news saying; "Oh really? I am glad that (Y/N) is still hanging out with people her age."

"Really? Why is that?" Mitsuki making Inko at the slip pursing her lips. "Say Inko, it looks like you need to talk to someone about something. A secret? You know you can tell me I promise I won't tell." Mitsuki assured trying to coax the stressed mother.

"I'm not sure." Inko replied unsure  "It seems to be something I am not supposed to openly say..."

Mitsuki hummed before calling upon an idea, "Well, why not you just give me the general idea. Nothing in detail. In the Nutshell!" Thinking its carefully Inko nodded eagerly, finally feeling the freedom to express her hidden weight. "Well then... How should I say this?"

"Don't hold back!" Mitsuki cheekily grinned.

"(Y/N) owns a business,"

Mitsuki's eyes went wide with amazement as she jumped in her seat. "What? Really? That's so cool!" Mitsuki chattered, "Look at that! (Y/N) seems to be growing up faster than the boys! Ahaha!"

"Its not just that though..." Inko mutters confusing her friend. "What do you mean?" Mitsuki asked.

"The business she was given, was from some stranger she met in the Furuitōri Street." Hearing that Mitsuki's brows were raised "Furuitōri? That old people place? Why would she be passing by there?"

"(Y/N) is getting fond of shortcuts. So my guess is that she took that path to not be late for school." Inko says sighing with the worry she has been feeling. "Days after, she has been going to see the old mechanic who became the reason for her passion for engineering. I don't know what to think about him. Often times I worry that he was going to kidnap my daughter one of those days, I requested her to take me to him."

Inko closed her eyes seeing the memory again, "And?" smiling at Mitsuki she replied. "He turned out to be the most charismatic person I have met. I can see in her eyes that the two enjoyed being in each other's company. Which is why it was so hard for her to move on when he passed." Mitsuki nodded as she listened, feeling as if she learned something new. It was a really rare chance to see (Y/N) down. The girl doesn't like crying in front of a crowd and usually hides away to get her emotions straight.